Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker World Championship 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭cack_handed

Hendry has grown on me as a commentator. Liked his calling the match over when Murphy was 6-2 down against o'sullivan, no other pundit would do that. Also his casting of doubt against ROnnie yesterday, saying his focus hasn't been spot on, was a good call, cast a few doubts in my own mind as to whether he'll actually win this thing out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

ball drifting?

Hendry has grown on me as a commentator. Liked his calling the match over when Murphy was 6-2 down against o'sullivan, no other pundit would do that. Also his casting of doubt against ROnnie yesterday, saying his focus hasn't been spot on, was a good call, cast a few doubts in my own mind as to whether he'll actually win this thing out

agree

didn't hedge his bets

straight talking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

ball drifting?

Looks like it, I think. but Im no expert.

last years tournament was far more exciting. and so was 2010 and 2011. Ive been very bored this year.

What's with this ultra-safe tactic from Ronnie? Dont get it frankly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

SteM wrote: »
    I agree, I said i didn't think there was anything going on in the Murphy match. Just think it's an interesting subject.

Not really your guaranteed 60k for reaching the semi finals. When you consider Ronnie was 1/6 you would need 600k on the match to even break even.

Lulling Hawkins into a false sense of secutity? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

what a kick!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

He doesn't seem interested he will start performing when he goes a few behind. He will get away with it against Hawkins but not in the final.

Maybe that red he refused wasn't pottable but looked easy enough!! anyway he's in so if that's his plan, its working :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭BQQ

ball drifting?

Can't remember there ever being so many problems with the tables.

Did Bazza change suppliers to save a few bob?

• Advertisement

hawkins can play a bit

ronnie seems to be off his game and lacking focus

Its beyond time the bbc seriously addressed the subject of the table and the pockets. All the pundits were gobsmacked when hawkins potted a red in first frame that bounced off cushion 6 inches from the pocket. They should bring hearn in to face a grilling as to what's going on but doubt they want to upset him so wont happen

stupid question, but does Hearn own snooker?

Bazza is chairman of the wpbsa which runs the game, but to answer your question directly....yes

If this game was going on long pots, Ronnie would win.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

barry owns all sports in the world....almost!! :)

2-2 at the mid session interval. what do we make of that.

I didnt know they had this new studio thing. I dont like it. why change it.

why spend money on things like that, that could potential put off the players and distract them, and then try to save money by cutting the actual coverage. WTF like.

Its beyond time the bbc seriously addressed the subject of the table and the pockets. All the pundits were gobsmacked when hawkins potted a red in first frame that bounced off cushion 6 inches from the pocket. They should bring hearn in to face a grilling as to what's going on but doubt they want to upset him so wont happen

i wondered about that

there's been a few dodgy ones that went in

commentators maybe afraid to speak up too much

gut feeling is that ronnie might run him close here

***hawkins might run him close here!!!

• Advertisement

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cack_handed View Post
    i wondered about that

there's been a few dodgy ones that went in

commentators maybe afraid to speak up too much

I'm surprised they've said as much as they have to be honest

"He's from Bournmouth!"

Priceless from Ken there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭SteM

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Not really your guaranteed 60k for reaching the semi finals. When you consider Ronnie was 1/6 you would need 600k on the match to even break even.

Sorry, I don't understand how this is an answer to anything I said?

Good find there, not a new discussion then

Have my doubts ronnie was going into tournament office for something to do with his tip there, certain he's complaining about something, probably the table

Good find there, not a new discussion then

Have my doubts ronnie was going into tournament office for something to do with his tip there, certain he's complaining about something, probably the table

BBC said he was just getting a new cue tip, but Im not so sure.

Fairly unusual to change a tip during a mid-session interval but possible i guess

is Ronnie going to start steamrollering him now

is Ronnie going to start steamrollering him now

I was just about to say, you can see Ronnie going up the gears now. He does that though, doesnt he. I think he is saving himself for the final. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Fairly unusual to change a tip during a mid-session interval but possible i guess

Not the first time he's done it.

Advertisement