Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker World Championship 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Really feel the standard is very poor this year.

they had a discussion the other day on new talent in the game

they basically said there is no new Judd trump

just look at the players this year at the latter stages

• Registered Users Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The lads on Eurosport are obsessed with the balls (esp the cue ball) being "off" this tournament.

I have NEVER heard of there being any variables in snooker balls, in all my years watching it! (I don't play apart from knockabout pool so can't speak from experience).

Are they talking through their arses?

Trump is doing a very good job of losing every single chance he gets :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Massive frame for Robertson to win there! Trump 9-8 Robertson
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    The lads on Eurosport are obsessed with the balls (esp the cue ball) being "off" this tournament.

I have NEVER heard of there being any variables in snooker balls, in all my years watching it! (I don't play apart from knockabout pool so can't speak from experience).

Are they talking through their arses?

Well you sometimes see a few issues with the white ball, such as a "light white" and the players agree for it to be changed, but its very rarely that the whole set is changed.

From just looking tonight, there are still a few kicks out there, even with the new set.

celticfc wrote: »
    Massive frame for Robertson to win there! Trump 9-8 Robertson

Well you sometimes see a few issues with the white ball, such as a "light white" and the players agree for it to be changed, but its very rarely that the whole set is changed.

From just looking tonight, there are still a few kicks out there, even with the new set.

Was the whole set changed? Missed that if so. Although I did hear the BBC guys saying that the balls are changed every round (I think).

Interesting!

I think my money (if not my heart) is with Robertson at this stage. Trump seems to be gently falling apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I know a lot of posts here are complaining about BBC coverage but even as we approach the business end of the tournament, they are cutting games off. Hawkins-Dale was cut off in the decider after Dale came back from 11-5 down. If it was Wimbledon they wouldn't dream off cutting it off

What a comeback from Dale though. Unlucky not to win in the end. Could the perceived drop in quality be down to burnout with more tournaments than ever or is it just a bad year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Diarmuid1995

Anyone ever get annoyed that the bbc commentators (who know that the crowd can hear them) insist on making jokes throughout the matches, even when players are cueing?
    Amazes me that they (as former pros and most former champs) would consciously keep doing it even when the players tend to give dirty looks towards the commentary box

Ooof!

Quite the own-goal there from Roberston :D

What just happened there???

Wasn't concentrating properly - was the ref claiming that he re-spotted the pink not touching, and it somehow magically wound up touching without being hit?

I'm confused, Ted!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Hey I have missed all the action today. whats been happening?

osullivan will win this title easy now

trump or Selby won't trouble him on the final

• Advertisement

osullivan will win this title easy now

trump or Selby won't trouble him on the final

Trump ain't there yet, not by a long shot.

Judd looks worried

pressure

robertson is more dangerous to Sullivan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

What just happened there???

Wasn't concentrating properly - was the ref claiming that he re-spotted the pink not touching, and it somehow magically wound up touching without being hit?

I'm confused, Ted!

The referee re-spotted the pink touching by mistake.
    Then Judd played a shot, then complained about the pink touching.
    Because Judd had played a shot subsequently, the ref couldn't then amend the pink.

Neil Robertson might be about to get his 100th century of the season in a moment! Break of 85. One red left.

Can he do it?

Will he do it???

Neil about to get his 100th century

Good on ya mate!!!

But do they really have to stalk him up and down the corridors of backstage? Leave the guy a bit of space FFS!

Now that Trump has been good enough to let him have his 100 100's, hopefully he'll get on with winning the bloody match!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Well done Neil!!!!

Have to say, I lost a little bit of respect for Trump when he didnt applaud Neil for that....

Muppet Man

Amazing.

I was a bit surprised Judd didnt go and shake his hand!

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Well done Neil!!!!

Have to say, I lost a little bit of respect for Trump when he didnt applaud Neil for that....

Muppet Man

Thought he'd have shaken his hand alright. Disapopinted that he didn't acknowledge it :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Bit of an over-reaction in fairness. It's just a number, the match is what really matters

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Yeah I noticed that with Trump as well over the last couple of years. I enjoyed him when he had that great run in 2011 but I've gone off him since and he seems to be quite the moaner. He took defeat to Carter badly in 2012 in the World Championships and moans when players slow the game down and disturbs his rhythm.

SarahBM wrote: »
    Amazing.

I was a bit surprised Judd didnt go and shake his hand!

isn't there needle between them

its been mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bullseye500

Neil Robertson forget where the toilets were there? Haha

Thought he'd have shaken his hand alright. Disapopinted that he didn't acknowledge it :mad:

Yeah bad form, hate seeing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Yeah bad form, hate seeing that.

but what difference is this century than any other ? yes 100 is a great number but if he loses the match it didn't change anything

Neil Robertson forget where the toilets were there? Haha
    Wouldn't you get confused with a cameraman chasing you around the place?

I really hate that about sports coverage lately, this thing of cameras being in players' faces (or arses) the whole time, at all times :mad:

Anyway, backt to the game - Trump seems to be getting a bit desperate now....

but what difference is this century than any other ? yes 100 is a great number but if he loses the match it didn't change anything

Yeah maybe your right just good sportsmanship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Robertsons shots on yellow/green were pure class...

• Advertisement

wow

Advertisement