Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker World Championship 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Forthright

McManus is boring us all to death. That 3rd frame nearly lasted 50mins. He's level at 2-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Forthright wrote: »
    McManus is boring us all to death. That 3rd frame nearly lasted 50mins. He's level at 2-2.

Watching it now its 3-3 and they are playing the last frame of the session. Its the most boring thing I've watched.

Watching it now its 3-3 and they are playing the last frame of the session. Its the most boring thing I've watched.

Hendry said of the game 'It's snooker but not how I know it '

McManus is so painful to watch I would rather Ebdon or Dott were playing. He refuses to go for anything unless it's nailed on.

Selby 4-3 McManus
    Hawkins 6-2 Dale.

Play resumes at 7 this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

Forthright wrote: »
    I would rather Ebdon

just no..

just no..

I would. Ebdon at least goes for shots from time to time and his long potting game is actually very good.

Where Ebdon frustrates people is his looking at some shots up to 8/9 times from different angles and also where he needs 5 snookers with just 2 balls left and he refuses to give up. That's why Ebdon is painful to watch. McManus is just so negative and brings other players down to his level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭BQQ

Murphy is playing well here.
    Interval can't come soon enough for O'Sullivan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Murphy getting some run of the balls this week.

Murphy was 2-0 up and Ronnie needed a snooker. O'Sullivan hit a great shot behind the black and snookered Murphy. He won the frame and the following 5 and leads 6-2. On such things can a match turn. Ronnie has not been at his best.

Trump 6-2 Robertson

Neil has some sort of head cold. He's doing a lot of coughing and doesn't look comfortable. Trump good value for his lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

What a fancy shot by Trump!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

What's happened to dale , I really thought he'd give Hawkins a good game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Ronnie 8-2 up over Murphy, Its a long way back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Murphy after throwing away a couple of frames there. That miss on the pink was shocking

Murphy is making it too easy for him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

One frame away from winning with a session to spare

he wouldn't have it that easy against another player today

I agree with the commentator that he has them intimidated

as well as having an extra level when need which none of his competitors have

• Registered Users Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Does Robertson need to get his century in this tournament to make the 100-in-one-season? Not sure what way the seasons work in snooker, haven't watched it in years but have got well stuck into this WC!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Does Robertson need to get his century in this tournament to make the 100-in-one-season? Not sure what way the seasons work in snooker, haven't watched it in years but have got well stuck into this WC!

Yes he needs one more and this is the last tournament of the season. The seasons are longer these days so I think Hendry in his hayday may well have made more centuries to tournaments played.

Dale has won first 4 frames on the other table. Now trails 11 - 9. He has promised to sing his own walk on music if he makes the semi. That will be a fascinating sight should he make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Really feel the standard is very poor this year.

Ronnie has been below par and everyone is crumbling against him. I can't believe how intimidated Murphy was he is somebody i expected to fight against Ronnie. If Ronnie starts playing well nobody has a chance.

Haven't seen any of O'Sullivan yet, but a final won't be any the poorer for having him in it.

I had the highest of hopes for the Trump/Robertson match, but it's like watching paint dry.

And Trump would want to get his act together sharpish. I'd like to see Robertson get the century, but am rooting for Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

11-11 in Hawkins vs Dale, WOW!

Jayz, Trump and Robertson are all over the shop this afternoon :eek:

12-11 to Dale Now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I noticed earlier on Barry Hawkins was 1/750 to win when it was 11-5. Wow.

Bme6v3_CCYAEDo_P9.png

Quote that came with the photo from Twitter
    If you have some of the $193,000 on Barry Hawkins at 1.01, it is now 11-11 to Dale and you have a very squeaky bum.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Great break from Hawkins considering the pressure he was under.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Wow. Very classy from the BBC. Pulling coverage immediately after the first pot of the deciding frame in a quarter final.

Absoluvely wrote: »
    Wow. Very classy from the BBC. Pulling coverage immediately after the first pot of the deciding frame in a quarter final.

Do they just assume that the whole country has red buttons :confused:

As I said earlier, haven't watched snooker in years, cannot believe how patchy the BBC coverage has been this time. Is this the norm now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

There a spiteful bunch the BBC cutting off a final frame decider,they'd have given programme delays were it a football extra time or some drab Winter Olympics. Useless broadcaster

Is Hawkins a wee bit excited, do we think? :D

Poor Dale, what an effort (even though I've only seen the last frame and a half).

• Advertisement

A few terrible decisions now from the BBC pulling live play in a few games right at the end of a match. Lets face it, they've lost so many sports rights over the past few years that you'd think they would do the sports they do still have some justice, especially an event like the World Championship which gives BBC Two some of it's highest yearly viewer ratings.

Anyway, really well done to Barry. That finish could give him a massive platform against O'Sullivan strangely enough.

Advertisement