Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker World Championship 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

barry Hearne must be behind this nonsense with the easy pockets

did he make the dartboards bigger by any chance

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ken would want to pack it in.
    He was awful this week but he still managed to walk away with €20000 worth of prize money. Not bad for four or five matches worth of snooker.

Pighead wrote: »
    He was awful this week but he still managed to walk away with €20000 worth of prize money. Not bad for four or five matches worth of snooker.

the bbc might cut his salary after that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Choodefat wrote: »
    What's the craic with the bbc messing with the old snooker theme tune 'drag racer'? - classics are called classics for good reason, the feckers hah.

they've been using a remixed version for years. Here's the original

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

and the BBC have stopped coverage again.
    Not on Eurosport til 3. Damn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

SarahBM wrote: »
    and the BBC have stopped coverage again.
    Not on Eurosport til 3. Damn.

If you have a BetFair account you can watch all the matches with BBC commentary. That's what I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭cack_handed

Some people use Bet365 as well i think but dont know if you need to have a bet first. Betfair is a good option but only problem is you cant enlarge the live video screen and it's a bit small for my ailing eyes!

Iv got the Robertson match on the laptop at the mo, but I wanted to watch Fu. Last frame of this session.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

If anybody is stuck for the snooker feel free to PM me.

Day about to take the first frame of this session. wonder can he manage to close the gap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Piratez

That was a fantastic break from Ryan Day.

Cant believe he missed that brown. Long way back for Day now i feel

7-3 to Trump now, Dale hammering Walsey :(

Another frame for Ryan Day it's 7-4

Young Wasley just not shown up at all, shame that. God only knows what's going through Ding's head right now...

Mid session interval Judd Trump 7 Ryan Day 5

10-5 now to Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Redo91

Is there no more live snooker on BBC this evening? No sign of it on the red button.

Robertson V Allan is on Eurosport 1. BBC only showed an hour of that match this evening. Really annoyed with their coverage. Not everyone has a "connected device" that they keep referring to. I dont even know what that means!
    and I cant watch the red button on upc. so laptop it is.

8-7 to Robertson at the mo. Robertson has 99 centuries this season. wow.

9-7 to Robertson going into the final session tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

SarahBM wrote: »
    Robertson V Allan is on Eurosport 1. BBC only showed an hour of that match this evening. Really annoyed with their coverage. Not everyone has a "connected device" that they keep referring to. I dont even know what that means!
    and I cant watch the red button on upc. so laptop it is.

8-7 to Robertson at the mo. Robertson has 99 centuries this season. wow.

BBC have made big cutbacks to their redbutton service, its not just snooker that is seeing them. All their football and rugby league highlights are gone from it as well. Connected device is smart tv connected to broadband, unfortunately for us, its U.K only
    Great evening of snooker on eurosport for me! Robertson finally broke free to lead 9-7 overnight

indiewindy wrote: »
    BBC have made big cutbacks to their redbutton service, its not just snooker that is seeing them.

why?

Was watching Robertson match on eurosport on tv while keeping tabs on Murphy-Fu on the laptop. Two excellent sessions of snooker, hoping for an Allen victory but the aussie just went up a gear there -enjoyed the run of the balls it has to be said - and will be hard to stop tomorrow. Still give Fu a chance of a comeback, didn't do a whole lot wrong this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭afatbollix

why?

To save cash.

No transmission fees over Connected tvs so saving aload of cash straight away with out having to cut services.

****e for people with out a connected tv but sure what can you do.

afatbollix wrote: »
    To save cash.

No transmission fees over Connected tvs so saving aload of cash straight away with out having to cut services.

****e for people with out a connected tv but sure what can you do.

ok

seems odd cutting back on red button and main channel coverage simultaneously

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

ok

seems odd cutting back on red button and main channel coverage simultaneously

they've cut back on the red button stuff about 2 years now, but there's certain events they make an exception to, such as the summer and winter Olympics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

What is up with dale's hair? It looks terrible, played very well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Ronnie is 5/6 to win it outright. Any thoughts lads? Haven't seen much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Fant11 wrote: »
    Ronnie is 5/6 to win it outright. Any thoughts lads? Haven't seen much

I still wouldnt bet on him with them odds even though hes playing well, robertson is on fire and if they meet in the final i could see him winning but you never know with ronnie he can play unbelievable when he wants to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Forthright

I reckon McManus/Selby won't make the 3rd session. McManus' safety game won't work on the Jester from Leicester.

Advertisement