Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭fits

If anyone is interested, I have a very nice low back convertor seamless bra which just doesnt fit me. Its chantelle. I stupidly took the tags off for dress fitting before I realised it was wrong. http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product/CN-001441/Chantelle-Basic-Invisible-Backless-Push-Up-Bra/?size=&colour=Nude

Size is 32 DD.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Thanks ladies, I think I'll plan on not wearing a bra. I'll see my dress again mere hours before I go for alterations, so if I need one, I can run out and buy one then :eek:.

The chicken fillets wouldn't be much use for me because my boobs are much fuller on the bottom, so I'd need something to fill me out more above the nipples :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Our bridal party don't really know one another, never mind the extended families!

OH's sis is out of the country and won't be back until a few days before the wedding. My chief BM is one end of the country, the groomsman is the far end of the country and we're in the middle! I can't think of a time they would ever have met. So the plan is to get them together for food and drinks in ours sometime, just so there is no awkwardness on the day.

Sticky, was your hubby drinking till 5am? I think there is a risk that OH's friends will want to go for a few the night before alright. But OH is talking about keeping our little boy with him in our house and I'll bring our daughter to my mam's house, be interesting to see if the plan changes nearer the time! He cld stay in his parents house, but his mam won't want to be negotiating with a two year old, while trying to get her hair and make up done, if daddy is hungover!

We're having a gathering the night before as well, but a very informal one in a bar in town. We're starting early with the aim of only being there for a couple of hours. It'll be families and bridal party, plus the bridal party's +1s and anyone else who wants to stop by (but we're not saying it to many people). Most of our bridal party have met each other at one stage or other, but I think a couple of the groomsmen haven't met each other.

I'm not overly confident about my OH being sensible when he's with his dad and best man, both of whom are heavy drinkers, but I'd bloody kill him if he turned up hungover at our wedding! He physically looks hungover when he's in a bad way (grey skin, mad bags under his eyes) so I'd be really disappointed in him if he was hungover on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

[Quote:
    Originally Posted by kildareash
    Sticky, was your hubby drinking till 5am?

I think there is a risk that OH's friends will want to go for a few the night before alright. But OH is talking about keeping our little boy with him in our house]

Yes he was. they got resident's bar in the hotel his uncles were staying at. apparently my hubby sang 8 songs in the resident's bar (night before his own wedding). i rem him asking for permission to go out I was up to high doe and was addled with all the preps for the following day so I said Grand whatever....if you're mental enough to go out the night before your own wedding on your own head be it! Wasn't too bad day of wedding. He was useless enough & I had to do everything (like I had to give the best man the envelopes and mass booklets and go through his paces with him and I had to drive to the church to talk to the sacristan and go to super valu to get stuff we forgot all this before the bridal prep) but hubby's useless enough at the best of times so that was no big change ;-) As the best man said in his speech my hubby is 'the most disorganised person he's ever met'
    that'd be about right.

I recommend you stick to that plan about your OH taking care of your son the night before, that'll keep him on the straight and narrow hopefully

• Advertisement

Faith wrote: »
    We're having a gathering the night before as well, but a very informal one in a bar in town. We're starting early with the aim of only being there for a couple of hours. It'll be families and bridal party, plus the bridal party's +1s and anyone else who wants to stop by (but we're not saying it to many people). Most of our bridal party have met each other at one stage or other, but I think a couple of the groomsmen haven't met each other.

I'm not overly confident about my OH being sensible when he's with his dad and best man, both of whom are heavy drinkers, but I'd bloody kill him if he turned up hungover at our wedding! He physically looks hungover when he's in a bad way (grey skin, mad bags under his eyes) so I'd be really disappointed in him if he was hungover on the day.

Is there any way you can move this gathering back by 1 night? Give your OH a chance to recover before the wedding coz it sounds like it could lead to a lad's night out

Is there any way you can move this gathering back by 1 night? Give your OH a chance to recover before the wedding coz it sounds like it could lead to a lad's night out

No, because everyone is travelling in for the wedding that day. It's only supposed to be a glass of wine and a bite to eat, just an alternative to a sit-down dinner. He'll be grand if I just chat to him about it beforehand to remind him not to get carried away. I actually doubt he would, because he'd rather die than leave me have to deal with things on my own on the day. He knows well that I'll be stressed enough without having to pick up his slack! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭Milly33

I think I would kill him so I would... Mind you I could see me being hung over and not him as we will be going back to my mums house fingers crossed so all the girls will be together.

But I think I would be highly disappointed in him if he was hung over on the day and the same goes I think if he saw me hung over on the day I don't think he would be very happy with me...

I don't mind maybe like if it was an accidental hang over but if it was inertial haha some speller intentional I would be like whatever your party is there and mine is here and you go over there and stay there..

Thanks for the offer of the bra fits very nice of you I am sure it would be usefull to someone..

I think it would be really bad form of anyone to allow the groom (or aid him) to get into such a state the night before his wedding, that he would be hungover the next day. But I'm sure he'll be fine Faith.

I'm worried about having too much champagne the morning of the wedding, and skipping up the aisle!

kildareash wrote: »
    I think it would be really bad form of anyone to allow the groom (or aid him) to get into such a state the night before his wedding, that he would be hungover the next day. But I'm sure he'll be fine Faith.

Don't worry I lambasted them in my speech.... They're Lucky I didn't name names! :D

Era I'd be very easygoing when it comes to that kind of thing....I'm no ball and chain. But yeah it was mental behaviour out of him I agree with you all!
    But on the day of the wedding there was no point in me even giving it a 2nd thought.....I had waaaaaayyyy too much to think about to even let that bother me for more than 5 mins. Like walking down the aisle to 150 ppl staring at me and flashing cameras in my face. Scariest experience of my life (bar bungee jump in NZ - I actually don't know which one was more terrifying....think they were on a par)

When the day arrived I was determind to enjoy my wedding day. There are Always going to be things that go wrong on the day - unforseen things (like hubby's stag occuring the night before) but you just gotta filter, filter, filter. You're the bride - it's your big moment. You have to just block all the bad stuff out. Yoú only get one chance for that day, gotta make the most of it no matter what happens

• Advertisement

fits wrote: »
    If anyone is interested, I have a very nice low back convertor seamless bra which just doesnt fit me.

Size is 32 DD.

I wish !!! :pac::pac::pac:

I'm worried about having too much champagne the morning of the wedding, and skipping up the aisle!

Have a BIG breakfast. We were Lucky in that sense, we all stayed in the hotel the night before the wedding so everyone got a big cooked breakfast that morning. The staff were so brilliant I abandoned my cooked breakfast twice as I'd remember ''oh **** gotta go meet the sacristan'' or ''oh **** forgot to ask that person to decorate the wedding cars'' etc and everytime when I came back they'd be after putting it away and keeping it warm for me. I was treated like a VIP from the minute I stepped in the door!

Make sure you eat a big breakfast! I had toast, cereal, fruit and a cooked breakfast. I was able to tuck away into the champagne then, by god did I need it that morning.

By the way don't forget to bring a glass of champagne for you and your Dad to the car (makes a lovely photo) and have another bottle and 2 glasses in the car for hubby and you for the photos afterwards. I had the one before and that picture of me and my Dad on the front step with the glasses of champagne is I think my favourite wedding photo out of all of them.

I forgot the bubbly for afterwards though - or didn't know I was supposed to have it. The videographer was very surprised i had no bottle and glasses in the car for afterwards, oops.

Must remember to put them in the wagen we aren't actually going to drive anywhere but she will have to be in the pictures so she will.. Actually is anyone was looking for mini bottles Tescos is great for them...

Feeling a bit stressed out and not in control of things today. For no particular reason. Jitters I suppose.

Don't stress about it... You will be ok... You don't have anyone telling you what to do by any chance? Have to say Mum is driving me a bit mad at the moment with looks and comments like don't call it this or that...

When the day arrived I was determind to enjoy my wedding day.

Your dead right, Sticky...that is my plan too. The only variable in the day is the kids. They will only be 3 and 2 when we get married, and even though we will have a minder for them on the day, we will still have to be mammy and daddy on the day.
    Have a BIG breakfast.

My mam and BM would be the big occassion, big breakfast types, so I know they won't let me go without eating that morning. The hairdresser and make up are coming to the house and we're 20 mins from the town, so if anything is forgotten, it's too late at that stage!
    Feeling a bit stressed out and not in control of things today. For no particular reason. Jitters I suppose.

Hope you're ok Fits, I think it can get overwhelming at times.

I want a videographer now, but it's not in the budget and OH is fairly resolute we're not having one. I was just going through the music for the ceremony and I really love it all. I would love to have some reminder of it.
    This is a bit morbid, but I put a lot of planning into my dad's funeral mass similar to the wedding, (although I did it in 24 hours, not over 2 years!) and it was so beautiful I wish I had a recording of it. I know I'd never put it on, but just to know I could listen back to the music even would be lovely.
    I'm going to shop around and see if i can get an affordable one and fit it into the budget, and then try and change OH's mind.

I feel exactly the same about my Dad's funeral mass. And similarly I have put a lot of thought into the music for the ceremony in particular. I have asked my brother to set up his camcorder on a tripod so that will be something at least.

Hope you're ok Fits, I think it can get overwhelming at times.

Yeah and I dont want to bother himself with it right now. I am trying to avoid my mother as well. A big reason we didnt have the wedding locally is because she can get very anxious. And then that sets me off.

I feel exactly the same about my Dad's funeral mass. And similarly I have put a lot of thought into the music for the ceremony in particular. I have asked my brother to set up his camcorder on a tripod so that will be something at least.

Now there is an idea...have to get the thinking caps on.
    Yeah and I dont want to bother himself with it right now. I am trying to avoid my mother as well. A big reason we didnt have the wedding locally is because she can get very anxious. And then that sets me off.

Anything you can get off your chest here? Have you a check list? That always calms me down, when I can see I am on schedule, I feel less anxious.
    Or write a list of what you need to do.

Your dead right, Sticky...that is my plan too. The only variable in the day is the kids. They will only be 3 and 2 when we get married, and even though we will have a minder for them on the day, we will still have to be mammy and daddy on the day.

:eek::eek::eek: it's a nightmare trying to be a bride and be Mammy on the same day.
    All my regrets about the day centre around my daughter at the church ceremony.

Defo get a videographer by the way. My OH also didn't want one and now he says he thinks I was defo right to insist on one. The ONLY thing keeping me going now with the post-wedding depression is looking forward to that video. I can't wait for it to arrive!!! I just want to relive everything and properly see everything. To be honest I can't imagine not having a video of your wedding?!? If I heard mine was cancelled for example now, I'd be devestated. I can't wait to see the first dance, the speeches, the walk up the aisle, hear all the songs in the church again esp the ones performed by family and see all the footage I don't know about like random guest footage

• Advertisement

Haha me too :D. I'll take sticky's advice and try to have a big breakfast. It takes a lot to put me off my food, so I'm sure I'll manage that ;)

That's perfectly normal. Feel free to just vent here as much as you need. I feel your pain about your mum. Mine is so highly strung and she spreads the anxiety around like a bad smell. It's okay while we're 5,000 miles apart, but the 10 days I'm home before the wedding are sure to be tense with a lot of arguing. Just give out here if you need to, and don't be afraid to talk to your OH. They're there to support you, even when you don't want to burden them.

ANDD my car just broke down on the motorway, (he is driving). Better this week than next I suppose.

Time to get a bottle of bubbly fits...

Jes we must be the same, said id put my car in for a service and now we have been really good with the savings so far. Pay day was only today and €750 for the car repairs. not bad now in fairness for how long it has been but still its like jes did ye sense i got paid or what..

If the car completely ka put or just needs tlc? Just try and ignore Mother or everytime she starts just tell her tis grand...
    Feel a little insulted with my own at the moment as she keeps telling me in not organised and I am i just done it all already so there isn't much to do now...

Big breakfeast indeed, think im going have waffles and eggs mmm yummie...

Kinda came across the recording late too kildareash. I looked into it but tis too much really. I meet another couple who said they had a friend record it on the Iphone and it was fine.. You can actually get some of those selfie sticks that you can use as tripods.. Cheap and cheerfull.

Think we will ask a friend to record us for us, jus the ceremony part of it... it would be nice to have

Dunno whats wrong with the car. Might be something simple. Might not. Its running again anyway. fingers crossed!

Milly33 wrote: »
    Think we will ask a friend to record us for us, jus the ceremony part of it... it would be nice to have

And the speeches!!! They can be too overwhelming to take in at the time, but irish men in particular never talk about their feelings except at wedding speeches where they let it all out! You defo need a video of them

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

Trying to keep up with all the goings on, I'm reading most days but seldom get the time to post (1 and 4 and 18 year old to tend to! ) trying to get invitations sent out within the next few days and working on mass booklets in the evenings.

Just to say to go ahead and get the video, i really didn't want one and didn't have it in the budget but looking at a recent one and seeing everyone that is no longer with us completely changed my mind.

Sorry i can't do individual replies, in on my phone and can't scroll back!

OH says they have really good cameras in work and tripods So if we can think of someone we cld trust enough to set it up, that might be an option.

Hope the car keeps going Fits.

Yeah there are ways around the videographer costs.. A lot of the cameras today are fantastic (and have video) and there is always a friend who is into it as such... Most defiantly going down this route me thinks as again tis just not in the budget..

Speeches yes we have to think about them now so we do.. We have left to do now.

DIY - have picked a weekend to do each one
    Figure what we need supplied - chair covers, table clothes well it is more numbers
    Florist - Sit down with mum and go through exactly what we want and where
    Bar - Just get the list finalized for the bar man
    Ceremony - Plan this how we will work it
    Ladies jewellery and that
    Get some bubbles

hehe actually looking now tisnt too bad, yeah for getting ready early

I made a little list last week too

Invites and mass booklet
    Hair trial in august (will go for another make up trial too as I have a voucher)
    Kids clothes (have her dress ordered)
    My shoes and accessories
    Bridesmaid shoes and accessories
    Alterations to BM dress
    Boys suits
    DIY if we're going with a few bits we talked about.

I've all the paperwork sorted and we have our hse appointment booked. So i'm feeling pretty on top of things.

Won a free bootcamp from now until the wedding...Eek! The guy gets great results, I've seen some of the people he worked with earlier in the year and the results are just amazing! I'm starting this eve, I'm so scared!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Won a free bootcamp from now until the wedding...Eek! The guy gets great results, I've seen some of the people he worked with earlier in the year and the results are just amazing! I'm starting this eve, I'm so scared!

Ooh I would have to win one to get the motivation to do something like that! :(:eek:

Advertisement