Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Sorry I probably worded that badly in hindsight. There's no reset button I can think of, more move all the dials back to their starting position etc. It's been almost a year since I set mine up so a little vague on the details at this stage.
    Should the infuser move up inside the machine?

Edited
    I stuck a knife on the closed door sensor to fool it. The infuser is moving into place but no ground coffee is coming out or water.

1 & 2 cup lights are flashing green alternately but not letting me choose one of them

Looks like grinder not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Looking at this there is also free gifts worth £145 of you register a bean to cup and join their coffee club before Dec 31st;
    https://www.delonghi.com/en-gb/seriousaboutcoffee/coffee-club2

I know some people on this thread had issues getting the gifts but still work trying.

EDIT: Actually probably not £145. Found this link with the actual details ; https://www.delonghi.com/en-gb/seriousaboutcoffee/coffee-club

My free coffee's and descaler arrived this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Should the infuser move up inside the machine?

Edited
    I stuck a knife on the closed door sensor to fool it. The infuser is moving into place but no ground coffee is coming out or water.

1 & 2 cup lights are flashing green alternately but not letting me choose one of them

Looks like grinder not working.

Had similar issues with mine. Tried every video and forum post i could find to fix it. Brought it back to argos eventually and they replaced the machine.

tototoe wrote: »
    Had similar issues with mine. Tried every video and forum post i could find to fix it. Brought it back to argos eventually and they replaced the machine.

Thanks I sent mine back to Amazon. Should have my new one in time for the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

My free coffee's and descaler arrived this morning

Mine arrived last Thursday but without the milk carafe. I got onto them and they advised that it was out of stock and that they would send out two once they are back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Mine arrived last Thursday but without the milk carafe. I got onto them and they advised that it was out of stock and that they would send out two once they are back in.

So what's the standard gift for buying the 4200?
    I got 3 bags of coffee and a descaler. Should I be going back and asking for milk carafe?

Got my replacement machine installed today and my first cuppa without any difficulty.
    Thanks to those who offered advice last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

alright lads,

I have a Magnifica ESAM 4200 about 4 years and it has been running great.

Just tonight I tried to make a cup of coffee and when I press the button to make the coffee, i get kind of like a clicking sound from the grinder. The grinder blades are going round but not as fast as they normally do.

I took the machine apart, gave it a good clean, removed all the beans but no joy.

Anybody ever experience this or does anyone know how I could fix it?

Thank you guys

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

I've been waiting for this machine to drop to.199 again but came across the following today which seems like a decent price so I went for it.
    Longhi-magnifica-ecam21-117
    Using parcel motel to get it delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

I've been waiting for this machine to drop to.199 again but came across the following today which seems like a decent price so I went for it.

Come on man, its the end of January. You cant go posting stuff like that! Im only just getting back to financial normality!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Christ, I’d buy it just for the silent grind. Beautiful looking machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

So what's the standard gift for buying the 4200?
    I got 3 bags of coffee and a descaler. Should I be going back and asking for milk carafe?

I bought mine at the end of November and registered it on December 8th. I chatted with a coffee club member on the website who double checked and confirmed that the carafe was included.

If you buy it now the carafe is not included in the free gifts but if you purchased before December 8th it is worth a shot going back to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I bought mine at the end of November and registered it on December 8th. I chatted with a coffee club member on the website who double checked and confirmed that the carafe was included.

If you buy it now the carafe is not included in the free gifts but if you purchased before December 8th it is worth a shot going back to ask.

Bought mine a few years back but still never registered it, still worth trying?

That's a nice machine. I only just got my replacement from Amazon last week of the 4200. I suppose I could return it!

hi folks

bought one of these before christmas and couldnt have been happier after initial tweaking of strength and beans etc.

i had noticed that grinds were prone to build up within the machine to the side of the puck tray, and the "heating block" (has the red catches and the "push" pad on it) had a bit of wobble in it rather than being firmly placed. put it down to design rather than anything wrong as the machine was working fine.

this morning, after emptying the puck tray i replaced it and hit the button as usual and the beans ground for ages, and the result was pretty much water. checked inside the machine and the heating block (and the platform the ground coffee gets deposited on) is gone way up into the roof of the machine.

it seems to be on a spring thats somehow now fully extended and i cant see how to unlock it to reset things.

the input for ground coffee on the top of the machine is now full, but i think thats just from the coffee ground and backing up this morning.

two questions for those idk, grateful for any assistance:

1: and idea or experience in how i might get the spring and the heating block reset (or would i be well advised to not even try)

2: i bought through amazon- go through them or delonghi directly for service if it comes to that?

advice appreciated!

(and apologies for bumping a bargain alert)

(tho if someone wants this one ye can have it for.....oh a good thirty quid discount i spose 😋)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

hi folks

bought one of these before christmas and couldnt have been happier after initial tweaking of strength and beans etc.

i had noticed that grinds were prone to build up within the machine to the side of the puck tray, and the "heating block" (has the red catches and the "push" pad on it) had a bit of wobble in it rather than being firmly placed. put it down to design rather than anything wrong as the machine was working fine.

this morning, after emptying the puck tray i replaced it and hit the button as usual and the beans ground for ages, and the result was pretty much water. checked inside the machine and the heating block (and the platform the ground coffee gets deposited on) is gone way up into the roof of the machine.

it seems to be on a spring thats somehow now fully extended and i cant see how to unlock it to reset things.

the input for ground coffee on the top of the machine is now full, but i think thats just from the coffee ground and backing up this morning.

two questions for those idk, grateful for any assistance:

1: and idea or experience in how i might get the spring and the heating block reset (or would i be well advised to not even try)

2: i bought through amazon- go through them or delonghi directly for service if it comes to that?

advice appreciated!

Try power cycling it and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭AhrSkidar

bromley52 wrote: »
    Try power cycling it and see what happens.

Yes. This happened to me a few months back and, as I recall, powering it off/on fixed things. No problems since, so hopefully the same for you.

appreciate the thoughts, i prob should be clearer on the main problem:

the heating block/grinds platform is sprung way out of place, its gone way up into the roof of the interior and i cant find a way to uncatch the spring. the grinds have nowhere to fall once ground.

attached pic is where its flown up to!

is there any way power cycling is going to fix that?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Undecided One

Do-more wrote: »
    I have had this model for about 5 years now it replaced a Gaggia machine that died after about 3 years use.

I find that if makes nice coffee which is a nice temperature if you drink it black but if you add cold milk it becomes too cold for me and it needs 20 seconds in the microwave.

About 18 months after I bought it, it developed a problem and the grinds weren't being swept into the waste box properly resulting in inside of the machine being very messy. I'd just moved country and the local service agents didn't even reply to my emails looking to get the machine serviced.

The machine still has the problem, for months it can work fine and then for months it's a mess inside. I have never been able to identify what causes it, taking out all the removable parts and cleaning well has no effect.

It still carries on regardless, I wish at this stage it would die so that I could justify buying a different machine.

I find that pouring boiling water into your cup just before making coffee (pre-heating the cup) is working wonders, this way you are keeping the coffee at it’s optimal temperature, even when I add some milk to it it doesn’t go cold.

• Advertisement

bromley, ahrskidar

geniuses!

altho im very confused

bromley, ahrskidar

geniuses!

altho im very confused

spoke too soon im afraid

next cup delivered grounds all down the side again, three drips of coffee from the machine and what seems like good coffee into the drip tray from the back.

edit: googling suggests a good clean of spouts and the funnel mechanism. ho hum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

First thing I’d do is unplug machine. Pull out diffuser kit. Run it under a tap and give it a good clean. Clean out all that coffee. Run it through a cycle as if setting it up for first time, then give it a go

have the first part done and its getting somewhere. will put a rinse cycle through it when i get a chance

thanks to all for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

mad m wrote: »
    First thing I’d do is unplug machine. Pull out diffuser kit. Run it under a tap and give it a good clean. Clean out all that coffee. Run it through a cycle as if setting it up for first time, then give it a go

A tip when it comes to cleaning it, get an old toothbrush and use it to get into the hard to reach places, also get the vacumn in there. Cleaning while the coffee has dried it easier too, there seems to be wet coffee there which might take a bit more effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I got the one with the lattecrema attachment, which cost a bit more. I stopped using that part of it after a month or so because it was annoying to clean and making the coffee took longer. The basic machine is good and used daily by my wife and me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I have this machine at home and love it.

Hopefully starting a new job soon and might be able to make my own coffee at the office.

Won't be able to use bean to cup (unless 'silent grind' is an option) so assuming I grind my own beans at home, what else on the market will make as good a cup of coffee for a similar price?

I have an Aeropress, but would prefer a machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I have this machine at home and love it.

Hopefully starting a new job soon and might be able to make my own coffee at the office.

Won't be able to use bean to cup (unless 'silent grind' is an option) so assuming I grind my own beans at home, what else on the market will make as good a cup of coffee for a similar price?

I have an Aeropress, but would prefer a machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,800 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I have mine 5 years now, thanks to the OP :)

A few hiccups in the first few months when hard parts of beans halted the grinding mechanism (and the machine needing to be turned upside down and shaken hard to get rid of said bits), but no issues since. Needs descaling once or twice per year alright, but if you ignore the warning light, it still keeps making coffee

I guess we have made at least 5,000 coffees with this machine in those 5 years :cool:

Or in other words if the machine died today, it would have cost about 5c per coffee in depreciation, about 1c in electricity costs and about 9c in beans, or a grand total of 15c per coffee :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

I have this machine for over 2.5 years now and its got used a lot producing great coffee and never given me any trouble until now. I appear to have a small stone caught in the mill which I've diagnosed by trouble shooting from the manual The suggested fix is to call customer support.

There is it seems no telephone support for this machine and I have been advised to email them which I have done twice in the last two weeks with only an automated reply by return and nothing else. I've tried numerous options and phone numbers only to be told every time the only option is email and this is not getting replied to. Would anyone have any ideas how to talk to someone about this issue or get it resolved

Advertisement