Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Still £209

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Esse85 wrote: »
    Still £209

One of the deals of the day, ~15 hours left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

bkrangle wrote: »
    One of the deals of the day, ~15 hours left
    Thanks for the heads up. Finally bit the bullet on this. €242 all in seems like a good price

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Thanks for the heads up. Finally bit the bullet on this. €242 all in seems like a good price

Did the same. Been tracking it since I missed out at the start of this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

I'm thinking of getting a bean to cup coffee machine but id be using it for Americanos 95% of the time.
    Hoping someone can give me a little advice. Is the De'Longhi a) too good for me? b) the right machine for me seeing as I'd be using it for americanos(I know Americano is basically espresso topped up with water) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

godtabh wrote: »
    Did the same. Been tracking it since I missed out at the start of this thread

Looking at this there is also free gifts worth £145 of you register a bean to cup and join their coffee club before Dec 31st;
    https://www.delonghi.com/en-gb/seriousaboutcoffee/coffee-club2

I know some people on this thread had issues getting the gifts but still work trying.

EDIT: Actually probably not £145. Found this link with the actual details ; https://www.delonghi.com/en-gb/seriousaboutcoffee/coffee-club

First

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Glebee

stdidit wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting a bean to cup coffee machine but id be using it for Americanos 95% of the time.
    Hoping someone can give me a little advice. Is the De'Longhi a) too good for me? b) the right machine for me seeing as I'd be using it for americanos(I know Americano is basically espresso topped up with water) ?

I use for Espresso / Americanos most of the time. Best coffee related product I ever bought, use it at least three times a day for the last two years. Produces very decent coffee with a good creama and its very handy to use. Buy it, you wont regret it.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

This is perfect for you. Buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Looking at this there is also free gifts worth £145 of you register a bean to cup and join their coffee club before Dec 31st;
    https://www.delonghi.com/en-gb/seriousaboutcoffee/coffee-club2

I know some people on this thread had issues getting the gifts but still work trying.

EDIT: Actually probably not £145. Found this link with the actual details ; https://www.delonghi.com/en-gb/seriousaboutcoffee/coffee-club

First

Have one a few years now, could I still get the gifts? It would only be the £20 one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Would this machine be considered one of the better bean to cup machines in this price range?
    And do people find the milk frother good? I'm looking for a bean to cup machine for cappuccinos in the sub 300 euro price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

WittyName1 wrote: »
    Would this machine be considered one of the better bean to cup machines in this price range?
    And do people find the milk frother good? I'm looking for a bean to cup machine for cappuccinos in the sub 300 euro price range.

Yes, I bought one at around £249 STG (from memory) and it’s been worth every penny. My coffee consumption has gone up however.....

Glebee wrote: »
    I use for Espresso / Americanos most of the time. Best coffee related product I ever bought, use it at least three times a day for the last two years. Produces very decent coffee with a good creama and its very handy to use. Buy it, you wont regret it.:):)
    givecredit wrote: »
    This is perfect for you. Buy it.

Thanks guys, will pick one up the next time it drops!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Thanks guys, will pick one up the next time it drops!

You'll be waiting for it to drop again TBH, likely Prime Day (july). Just bite the bullet and get The Coffee Club extras linked above - you won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I bought one last xmas for around 100e in Argos. One of the best purchases I ever made. I use it 6 times a day. I'm not a fan of the steamer, I find it a bit of a chore so I got one of the electric milk frothers from Lidl for 25e. Really foamy milk. They were also selling the 1.2 kg bags of beans for 4.50e up until recently in my local lidl. I applied for the coffee club rewards last year but never received it.

I bought one last xmas for around 100e in Argos. One of the best purchases I ever made. I use it 6 times a day. I'm not a fan of the steamer, I find it a bit of a chore so I got one of the electric milk frothers from Lidl for 25e. Really foamy milk. They were also selling the 1.2 kg bags of beans for 4.50e up until recently in my local lidl. I applied for the coffee club rewards last year but never received it.

I'm guessing thats this one
    http://checkargos.com/product/9062135
    259 at the min but I see it went down to 113 last xmas - might sit on it for a few weeks and see if it goes down again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

259 at the min but I see it went down to 113 last xmas - might sit on it for a few weeks and see if it goes down again

I got that one on the same deal last Xmas it was outstanding value at that price. Only flaw with it is that the coffee isn’t as hot as I would like even at the highest setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

€4.50 for a 1.2kg bag is great value , are they still doing them. Is there a brand name so I can look for the bag next time I'm there.

Barr wrote: »
    €4.50 for a 1.2kg bag is great value , are they still doing them. Is there a brand name so I can look for the bag next time I'm there.

It’s the Bellarom brand. Has a yellow top saying xxl. Came in classic or extra roast espresso. I haven’t seen it in the past 3 weeks in my Clondalkin branch. They used to have it as well in the cork st branch at that price. It wasn’t in the coffee section, it was in the part where they have misc stuff beside toilet rolls and the freezers. Date of Jan 2020 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Wonder will this drop again this Xmas

• Advertisement

ive mine a few weeks and delighted so far

question...the grinds in the bin are prone to mould, despite my emptying it every few days. anyone have experience of this or what i might be doing wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

dashoonage wrote: »
    Wonder will this drop again this Xmas

I haven't seen it below £199 but it may have been lower at some point.

ive mine a few weeks and delighted so far

question...the grinds in the bin are prone to mould, despite my emptying it every few days. anyone have experience of this or what i might be doing wrong

Same here, just keep it emptied everyday and wash it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

What’s the difference between this [corso] and the magnifica outside of appearance? I compared the two on the delonghi website and they seem to be functionally identical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Do the grinders have 13 settings or 7? The specs on the delonghi site say they have the extra quiet 13 setting grinders, but the descriptions on amazon and Argos say the regular 7 setting ones.

Is it as loud as a washing machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Some good glasses to go with your machine:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NV5EXBS?tag=22

• Registered Users Posts: 16,503 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I purchased the Delonghi ESAM 2800 in January 2018 when it was on offer for €113 in Argos.
    It was an impulse buy for me to put in my ManCave as I already have the Original bean to cup from this thread and that is the only machine getting any actual use.
    The ESAM 2800 hasn't been used more than 10 times since I bought it, and rather than leave it out in the Cave and unused.
    I'd much rather pass it on to someone from this thread if anyone is interested?
    Its still even got its protective films on, no box but manual is also there and I will include a pack of Delonghi descaler for the cost price.

I'm in Limerick City and I'm not shipping it, any buyer is welcome to PM me and to come and check/inspect it in situ.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,503 ✭✭✭✭banie01

banie01 wrote: »
    I purchased the Delonghi ESAM 2800 in January 2018 when it was on offer for €113 in Argos.
    It was an impulse buy for me to put in my ManCave as I already have the Original bean to cup from this thread and that is the only machine getting any actual use.
    The ESAM 2800 hasn't been used more than 10 times since I bought it, and rather than leave it out in the Cave and unused.
    I'd much rather pass it on to someone from this thread if anyone is interested?
    Its still even got its protective films on, no box but manual is also there and I will include a pack of Delonghi descaler for the cost price.

I'm in Limerick City and I'm not shipping it, any buyer is welcome to PM me and to come and check/inspect it in situ.

Have had a few PMs on this.
    A sale has been agreed with the 1st PM to be received and if it falls through I will contact next in line.

Thanks for the interest and I hope that the new owner enjoys it!

I noticed that Lidl have the XXL classica and rood coffee beans in this week for 4.99 1.2kg. Never heard of rood but says crema with strength level 8.

• Advertisement

I noticed that Lidl have the XXL classica and rood coffee beans in this week for 4.99 1.2kg. Never heard of rood but says crema with strength level 8.

Not that gone on the XXL Classica beans. I find there other beans in the large blue bags are better.

Advertisement