Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Anyone got any advice on where to get descaler? My light just came on
    If it's the De Longhi stuff you want I got mine from Amazon ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008YETL18/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Oust descaler 3 pack in Dunnes for €1.50. Think Tesco do it as well. Done mine last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Harvey Norman and DID do the delonghi stuff. €12 for a bottle with 5 uses. I wouldn’t use anything else as it could damage the seals. And €2 per descale is nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

How long have you had your machine? I have had mine since December 2017 and the light has not come on yet. I set my machine to the lowest water hardness setting as the water is not hard in my area.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

bromley52 wrote: »
    How long have you had your machine? I have had mine since December 2017 and the light has not come on yet. I set my machine to the lowest water hardness setting as the water is not hard in my area.

Might be an idea to descale it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Can I ask how you do a descale?

My light is on a few weeks now.

I poured in the solution into the tank and filled it with water, let it all come out the steamer, then refilled with water again and let the water run through over the space of 15 minutes again.

The light is still on.

What have I done wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Oust descaler 3 pack in Dunnes for €1.50. Think Tesco do it as well. Done mine last week.

Thanks for that, had a look at the ingredients list and both that & the DeLonghi one are lactic acid so will pick up a pack tomorrow.

Esse85 wrote: »

I poured in the solution into the tank and filled it with water, let it all come out the steamer, then refilled with water again and let the water run through over the space of 15 minutes again.

The light is still on.

What have I done wrong?

google it theres a youtube. its a set process that runs for about twenty minutes including two full runs of water through

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

How do you that?

Del007 wrote: »
    How do you that?

I followed p15-16 in this manual.

• Advertisement

Might be an idea to descale it anyway.

Do you know how to manually descale or is it a case of open the steam dial until the tank is empty?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭Ardent

Why does this thread keep popping up in Bargain Alerts? There is no bargain here.

If the owners of this machine want to discuss maintenance there should be a separate thread for that elsewhere. Mods: shouldn't we lock this one down??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Ardent wrote: »
    Why does this thread keep popping up in Bargain Alerts? There is no bargain here.

If the owners of this machine want to discuss maintenance there should be a separate thread for that elsewhere. Mods: shouldn't we lock this one down??

In fairness there's a price drop update here every few months.
    Given that it's a technical product there'll always be questions on the product itself.

If it bothers you that much just don't click on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Esse85 wrote: »

The light is still on.

What have I done wrong?

not the same model but same method of descaling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rBIh9TmO8Y

I also use the oust descaler from tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Alan McG

Bargain on coffee beans from discountcoffee.ie - Two for the price of one when you buy 6kg of Rio Alto coffee beans for €66 delivered. I'd like to buy it myself, but I can't find anyone to split it with, and I can't drink 12kg of beans all on my own!

https://www.discountcoffee.ie/special-offers

Maybe if anyone in Galway is interested in splitting this let me know!

Alan McG wrote: »
    Bargain on coffee beans from discountcoffee.ie - Two for the price of one when you buy 6kg of Rio Alto coffee beans for €66 delivered. I'd like to buy it myself, but I can't find anyone to split it with, and I can't drink 12kg of beans all on my own!

Freeze it in the bags. Defrost a bag at a time as you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Alan McG

stimpson wrote: »
    Freeze it in the bags. Defrost a bag at a time as you need it.

Want to lend me your gigantic freezer please? :D

Want to lend me your gigantic freezer please? :D

I would but it’s full of coffee.

TBH I usually stock up with discountcoffee.ie, but this deal is something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

off topic but is it good coffee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone in Dublin wanna chance going halves?

I wouldn't even have room in my 2 freezers for 6 packets.

Gadge wrote: »
    off topic but is it good coffee?
    sweetie wrote: »
    Anyone in Dublin wanna chance going halves?

I’d go halves. Will PM you.

I haven’t had this particular blend, but I’ve used them almost exclusively for the past couple of years and the coffee is always freshly roasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

stimpson wrote: »
    I’d go halves. Will PM you.

I haven’t had this particular blend, but I’ve used them almost exclusively for the past couple of years and the coffee is always freshly roasted.

Do they actually list the roast date - that's very interesting. I ordered previously (a few years ago now) and there was no roast date or anything. How long typically is the time between roasting and delivery?

Do they actually list the roast date - that's very interesting. I ordered previously (a few years ago now) and there was no roast date or anything. How long typically is the time between roasting and delivery?

The best before is usually just short of 12 months, which indicates a recent roast. Anything I’ve ordered has been fresh.

I ordered yesterday at 16.00 and got a delivery notification from DPD this morning. I'm impressed. Hopefully the coffee will be as good.

Arrived home today to the wonderful smell of 12 Kgs of coffee beans for €65.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

What's it like? I'm tempted alright but not sure where I'd store it.

I get the Aldi stuff and find it very nice

Del007 wrote: »
    What's it like? I'm tempted alright but not sure where I'd store it.

I get the Aldi stuff and find it very nice

I have not tried it yet and it's probably a bit too late for me now if I want any chance of sleeping tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I assume you run a small coffee shop business?

If not that coffee will be very stale by the time you get through it unless you have a severe coffee addiction.

Out of curiosity what roast profile is it? Light, medium or burnt to a crisp?

Advertisement