Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No makeup selfie.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Why did you bother to post in this thread? You could have easily clicked out of it and moved on with your life.

Because this is a discussion board and I wanted to take part in the discussion. That okay with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Delete your facebook and you won't have to see crap like this.

If anyone wanted to help they would upload a picture of their receipt for a donation to a cancer charity not a picture of their mug with just a little less make up on.

Anyone who is tempted to believe the above, could have a look at this as well, before parting with any money.

You're obviously part of a big conspiracy trying to trick us into believing that cancer isn't just a fungal infection you need a bit of Cannesten for, you just want us to believe all that chemo and drugs and surgery saves lives, like sheep.

I'm not falling for that one, lizard boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

SeaDaily wrote: »
    Because this is a discussion board and I wanted to take part in the discussion. That okay with you?
    But you think the people 'moaning on it are as bad as those taking the selfies'. so why bother?

But you think the people 'moaning on it are as bad as those taking the selfies'. so why bother?

Because you can moan about people moaning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Like whoring disguised by the words "cancer awareness" in their post. Pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Candie wrote: »

But...but...Candie, don't leave me here now.

Don't you remember our time in 'Nam together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Hello_MrFox

Most of the girls I'm friends with are ugly enough with makeup, no need for them to show how ugly they are without it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Fine....

..SELFIE!

But...but...Candie, don't leave me here now.

Don't you remember our time in 'Nam together?

Ah 'Nam.

Good times. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Most of the girls I'm friends with are ugly enough with makeup, no need for them to show how ugly they are without it as well.

Well aren't you quite the charmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

What a lovely friend you are.

Thanks whore fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Candie wrote: »
    You're obviously part of a big conspiracy trying to trick us into believing that cancer isn't just a fungal infection you need a bit of Cannesten for, you just want us to believe all that chemo and drugs and surgery saves lives, like sheep.

...you know if change the letters in his name with other letters and rearrange them, and maybe add a few, it spells "Reptile Propaganda Officer"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Holsten wrote: »
    Delete your facebook and you won't have to see crap like this.

If anyone wanted to help they would upload a picture of their receipt for a donation to a cancer charity not a picture of their mug with just a little less make up on.

Would a selfie of money do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Like this post if you want to wrap cancer up in a big ball and stuff it up David Icke's arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

If people really want to help they can text PINK to 50300 to donate €4 to Irish Cancer Society. A lot more benefical to the cause than posting pics of themselves on facebook.

frimpong wrote: »
    If people really want to help they can text PINK to 50300 to donate €4 to Irish Cancer Society. A lot more benefical to the cause than posting pics of themselves on facebook.

Done :)

Now I'm going to go brag to Facebook about it*

*I'm not really. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I saw this yesterday , I can't understand how exactly talking a selfie with no make up on is doing anything to raise awareness for cancer. If they really want to help why don't they donate or try to raise money a selfie doesn't mean anything to anyone with breast cancer and I can't see how it's helping all it's doing is getting people to take pictures of themselves without make up not making any difference whatsoever. I saw some people nominating others to do it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Nodin wrote: »
    ...you know if change the letters in his name with other letters and rearrange them, and maybe add a few, it spells "Reptile Propaganda Officer"

Your attitude has been noted.

Just sayin'.

What's the number to donate by text? Gonna add it to the comments each time I see a selfie.

• Advertisement

What's the number to donate by text? Gonna add it to the comments each time I see a selfie.

Posted a few posts back. :) 'PINK' to 50300

frimpong wrote: »

Done :)

Now I'll text a selfie just to show how committed I am :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

As far as I see, making an effort no matter how small to raise awareness of a serious thing like cancer which at the very least will make some people more inclined to donate to cancer charities or be aware of how many people are affected by it = Not an absolute waste of time.

Pissing and whinging on the internet about what other people do with their own time on another part of the internet because you dont like it or think it doesnt make a difference = Absolute waste of time.

About time these facebook threads were banned from AH for good too. <---- Me raising awareness of an issue and striving for change = Not an absolute waste of time, so keep your irony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Some of the yokes showing up on my newsfeed with no makeup, jaysus, it'd make you think.

I bet even their dogs would have to close their eyes when they're humping their legs

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Using a picture of yourself without make up to raise awareness about the most funded and widely know disease in the world? I would say it's more a case of using cancer to promote yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

As far as I see, making an effort no matter how small to raise awareness of a serious thing like cancer which at the very least will make some people more inclined to donate to cancer charities or be aware of how many people are affected by it = Not an absolute waste of time.

Pissing and whinging on the internet about what other people do with their own time on another part of the internet because you dont like it or think it doesnt make a difference = Absolute waste of time.

About time these facebook threads were banned from AH for good too. <---- Me raising awareness of an issue and striving for change = Not an absolute waste of time, so keep your irony.

You actually have a point there. I would never have donated 4 euro by text if it wasn't for this selfie thing making me aware of it. I'm sure a lot of people are in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sunnyview

Completely agree OP I don't see how taking a selfie really helps cancer awareness. It seems to have gone over the head of most girls that the aim was to make a donation and take a selfie. Though judging by my fb feed most people would be better off just making a donation. Lots of selfies where the person is half turned away or lurking in a dark corner/clearly has about 10 table lamps shining in their direction.

I think a text donation is a brilliant idea and goes so much further to actually helping the cause. The local branch of the Irish Cancer Society does invaluable work and is always so grateful of any donation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

To be fair, this thread made me donate money. I know I shouldn't need a thread to make me do it, but I bet I'm not the only one!

Have to agree that the campaign and this thread has resulted in my making a donation. Best comment to make under someones selfie us the text number details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Oooh well I posted a bare faced selfie today after being nominated many times. My father had advanced prostrate cancer 3 years ago which I'm happy to say he beat and my mother is undergoing radiotherapy at the moment for breast cancer. I will do anything to promote the cause.

Advertisement