Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student Interviews and Post-Interviews

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Juney18 wrote: »
    Looking for some words of wisdom from those who have gone before me as a Mature student. I have been invited to attend an interview for a place on B.Soc.Sc.Youth and Community Work (CK114) degree programme at UCC. There are two parts to the interview process; a group exercise and an interview. I honestly have no idea of what to expect, I would appreciate some tips please.

Hi I can only speak about my own experience applying as a mature student to Maynooth for Social Science (MH107)

I did a written assessment (essay) 3 weeks ago and then got called in for an interview and did it yesterday. It was pretty informal and relaxed I thought. 2 people interviewing me and asked me 3 questions.

1. Why do I want to do this course
    2. What can I bring to the course
    3. What aspect of the course interests me the most

The interview lasted about 15 minutes and he said they would get back to me in the next week or two to let me know if I have a place or not. When is your group work and interview to be held?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Juney18

My interview etc ., is on next week.

Hope all goes well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Juney18 wrote: »
    My interview etc ., is on next week.

Hope all goes well for you.

Thank you I got offered a place 3 days later. Very happy indeed. The very best of luck to you.

Advertisement