Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student Interviews and Post-Interviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭char101

At least we don't have to wait for the CAO, so, that's something. I'm excited more than anything else.

I reckon we wont hear til next week at this stage

At least we don't have to wait for the CAO, so, that's something. I'm excited more than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dptcoyle

Got my offer this morning. I stressed a lot about the interview, but it was more like a friendly chat than a formal interview. Pretty happy, now just need to sort finance.

Anyone get any surprises thrown their way? During my interview I was told the course started in two weeks instead of three months!

dptcoyle wrote: »
    Got my offer this morning. I stressed a lot about the interview, but it was more like a friendly chat than a formal interview. Pretty happy, now just need to sort finance.

Anyone get any surprises thrown their way? During my interview I was told the course started in two weeks instead of three months!

What course did you apply for and congratulations :)

char101 wrote: »
    What course did you apply for and congratulations :)

Thank you c:

I applied for the Level 6 in IT Support. I've been out of education for a while, and reallllly want to work in IT someday.

• Advertisement

dptcoyle wrote: »
    Thank you c:

I applied for the Level 6 in IT Support. I've been out of education for a while, and reallllly want to work in IT someday.

It's great when you find what you really want to do. Best of luck with the course :)

It's great when you find what you really want to do. Best of luck with the course :)

Cheers, hope you hear back about your course soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MiloYossarian

Looking likely. But I don't mind really. I've been sick most of this week, most days I didn't know where I was so the time passed quickly. It's nice to hear everybody else finding out they got in, congrats y'all :)

Looking likely. But I don't mind really. I've been sick most of this week, most days I didn't know where I was so the time passed quickly. It's nice to hear everybody else finding out they got in, congrats y'all :)

Could it be tomorrow?!? :) hope you're feeling abit better

Hey, how're you? How was you're weekend and such? Hopefully, hopefully we'll be getting good news tomorrow, or soon at any rate.

• Advertisement

Hey, how're you? How was you're weekend and such? Hopefully, hopefully we'll be getting good news tomorrow, or soon at any rate.

Im good :) had a lovely weekend. I barely thought of ucc during the week. The gym is a great distraction! How about you? How are u feeling?

Im good :) had a lovely weekend. I barely thought of ucc during the week. The gym is a great distraction! How about you? How are u feeling?

That's great. I'm glad you had a nice weekend. Would have been hard not to, the weather was smashin'. OMG totes agree, about the gym like. Really takes your mind off of things. I go five times a week, to Dennehy's in Ballincollig. It's a really good gym. I feel much better now, thank you for asking. I'm glad it happened actually, I can't even remember last week, so it worked out well, with all the waiting and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mariss

Hi, I got my offer today. I got into Trinity Science :)
    Unfortunately, I found out I'm not eligible for any kind of financial support, due to this being my second degree, so that's making things a bit more...interesting :/

• Registered Users Posts: 33 crazycatlady18

Ok Char and Milo...do tell if you receive the email with the "Eligible for Mature Offer" message. I received mine today. Wishing you both the best!!

Ok Char and Milo...do tell if you receive the email with the "Eligible for Mature Offer" message. I received mine today. Wishing you both the best!!

I got the same yayyyyyy!!!!!!

I got the same yayyyyyy!!!!!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! I called them just to make sure i understood what it meant and it definitely means we will getting the offer thru CAO on the 3rd of July! Congratulations

YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! I called them just to make sure i understood what it meant and it definitely means we will getting the offer thru CAO on the 3rd of July! Congratulations

Haha..I had to show my brother to ask him to explain it out....congratulations to you too...I am on cloud nine! I really didn't think I had a chance woohoo!! I guess I will be seeing you in september :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 conorwalsh222

Got my "Eligible for Mature Offer" message today for both of my courses, delighted! Well done all!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ross1986

Got an "not eligible" from UCC. Wasnt expecting to get in anyway so all roads point to UL hopefully.

Well done to all who got their offers!

• Advertisement

That's fantastic, well done. I knew you'd get in. You did very well in the msap. You'll be moving to Cork so I presume. You'll fit right in. We have loads of crazy cat ladies here. There's a club.

I got offered social science. It's sweet.

Congratulations Milo and everyone else :D I am in complete shock and panic shall be setting in soon as I need to start planning on how the hell I will get down there and where i will live. I need a drink lol

Congratulations Milo and everyone else :D I am in complete shock and panic shall be setting in soon as I need to start planning on how the hell I will get down there and where i will live. I need a drink lol

Ya, it's a big move. Well if you have any questions feel free to go fúck yourself. Jebus, where did that come from?

What I meant to say was, if you have any questions feel free to ask somebody that gives a shít. Jessica Christ, twice?

What I meant to say was, if you have any questions about Cork or need a hand with anything, feel free to ask. :) Even if it's calling in somewhere or checking something out or picking something up or what have you. Save you coming down .

Ross1986 wrote: »
    Got an "not eligible" from UCC. Wasnt expecting to get in anyway so all roads point to UL hopefully.

Well done to all who got their offers!

Keep your chin up. Hopefully you will get an offer, but even if you don't, take this year as a learning opportunity, think about where you could improve, and then reapply.
    Every year that you don't get in means that the following year you will have a stronger application. This isn't my first year applying, if I can get in, anybody can.

Thanks Mister! Yeah, I need help moving because i have no friends so it's frickin' awesome you just volunteered. You're the best stranger I never met! Don't worry, there's no heavy things besides the 3 beds, dining room table and living room suite ;)

Thanks Mister! Yeah, I need help moving because i have no friends so it's frickin' awesome you just volunteered. You're the best stranger I never met! Don't worry, there's no heavy things besides the 3 beds, dining room table and living room suite ;)

Ya that'll be no prob.....awwww, I just pulled a muscle in my back typing this message. What an unfortunate turn of events

• Registered Users Posts: 43 merkal

i got my offer today too for social science-SO EXCITED. i'm afraid to tell everyone in case its not true!! that email was so weird, i didn't understand what they were saying at all. congrats everyone. see ye in september.

merkal wrote: »
    i got my offer today too for social science-SO EXCITED. i'm afraid to tell everyone in case its not true!! that email was so weird, i didn't understand what they were saying at all. congrats everyone. see ye in september.

Cool, well done. Are you doing it in UCC?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 merkal

yes UCC. you too?

• Advertisement

merkal wrote: »
    yes UCC. you too?

Yup, see you there. We can team up and bully all the others, take their lunch money and what have you...because we'll be the big boys.

Advertisement