Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student Interviews and Post-Interviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MiloYossarian

char101 wrote: »
    Hopefully people will want to be in our group hahahahaha...soooo childish but yet funny :)

I'd heard that it was a great course to be on. Everybody is friendly, supports each other and gets along. I mentioned that during the interview, and one of the interviewers scoffed and said, 'well, some groups do,' half under her breath.

Same thing will probably happen that happens in most classes. After the first two weeks groups will form. It's usually the same with same. Boys with boys. Girls with girls. Even on the day of the interview, when we were all talking, the three African girls sat away from us.

Honestly though, I know this sounds bad, but I don't really care if anybody talks to me. I'm not going there for the "college experience." I am 100% focused on doing well.

However, that's a bit false too. I'm not really worried about making friends, because I know I will make lots of friends there. I make friends easily enough, I'm quite easy to get along with.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭char101

I'd heard that it was a great course to be on. Everybody is friendly, supports each other and gets along. I mentioned that during the interview, and one of the interviewers scoffed and said, 'well, some groups do,' half under her breath.

Same thing will probably happen that happens in most classes. After the first two weeks groups will form. It's usually the same with same. Boys with boys. Girls with girls. Even on the day of the interview, when we were all talking, the three African girls sat away from us.

Honestly though, I know this sounds bad, but I don't really care if anybody talks to me. I'm not going there for the "college experience." I am 100% focused on doing well.

However, that's a bit false too. I'm not really worried about making friends, because I know I will make lots of friends there. I make friends easily enough, I'm quite easy to get along with.

Well hopefully we will be friends :) lol.....
    I am the same I think. I am very easy going and I don't fear the making friends part plus we are a small group it would be a shame for it to be sectioned.

I am the same I think. I am very easy going and I don't fear the making friends part plus we are a small group it would be a shame for it to be sectioned.

Awww, that's so sweet:) I can see that you're quite easy to get a long with. You're a very positive person too, which is important.

I just emailed Ger Mannix there about getting successful candidate's email addresses if one of us gets in. You know, so we can set up that thread. I'm not sure if he'll be able to though, for ethical or legal reasons. No harm in asking though!

Jessica Christ, this week is flying for me. It's already Thursday. From Sunday on it's going to be a nightmare. We know it won't be Monday the emails go out, most like not Tuesday either, but that won't stop us checking every five minutes. Next Wednesday on? I bloody heck hope it's next week.

• Advertisement

Awww, that's so sweet:) I can see that you're quite easy to get a long with. You're a very positive person too, which is important.

I just emailed Ger Mannix there about getting successful candidate's email addresses if one of us gets in. You know, so we can set up that thread. I'm not sure if he'll be able to though, for ethical or legal reasons. No harm in asking though!

Jessica Christ, this week is flying for me. It's already Thursday. From Sunday on it's going to be a nightmare. We know it won't be Monday the emails go out, most like not Tuesday either, but that won't stop us checking every five minutes. Next Wednesday on? I bloody heck hope it's next week.

I am gonna ring admissions again Tuesday and see will they tell me unofficially offically lol
    I will be looking at my emails all next week non stop!!!!!!
    Ger is a nice guy he was lovely on the day of interviews...really personable guy.

I am gonna ring admissions again Tuesday and see will they tell me unofficially offically lol
    Ger is a nice guy he was lovely on the day of interviews...really personable guy.

Ya I know, I put in a "p.s If you could also let me whether I got in that'd be great," at the end of the email, but I deleted it.

Ya, he's really nice. I arrived an hour early for the interviews, was chatting to him for ages. It really helped with the nerves. Put me at ease. If I do get in, a percentage of that will have to go to him. That jovial chat set the tone for the rest of the day. It allowed me to chat to every in the class in a way I wouldn't have been able with out it.
    I'm not sure if I'm explaining it well, but that chat helped a lot.

Ya I know, I put in a "p.s If you could also let me whether I got in that'd be great," at the end of the email, but I deleted it.

Ya, he's really nice. I arrived an hour early for the interviews, was chatting to him for ages. It really helped with the nerves. Put me at ease. If I do get in, a percentage of that will have to go to him. That jovial chat set the tone for the rest of the day. It allowed me to chat to every in the class in a way I wouldn't have been able with out it.
    I'm not sure if I'm explaining it well, but that chat helped a lot.

My nerves are shot! To think we may know whether we got in or not is luming closer

My nerves are shot! To think we may know whether we got in or not is luming closer

:)

Stop will ya, on the surface I feel fine, but I haven't slept well in four or five nights which I think is a sign of the underlying stress. I have to keep an eye on that sort of thing.

The positive thing about that though is that I'm so tired that today is going by like a dream. I'm sleepwalking my way through, I'm kind of like an automaton. By the time tomorrow it'll be like today never happened so I'll have one day down that I didn't really have to suffer through. Not sure if that makes sense, can barely function.

Weekend was okay for me too. I just looked in the mirror (and once I got over how handsome I am, it's still surprising after all these years) I recanted the negative and recounted all the positive stuff. I know I'm in with a good chance. It sounds arrogant, but I have to be one of the top candidates. It would be a díckhead move not to let me in.

Ger Mannix emailed me back too, he said he can't give out the email addresses.

• Advertisement

Stop will ya, on the surface I feel fine, but I haven't slept well in four or five nights which I think is a sign of the underlying stress. I have to keep an eye on that sort of thing.

The positive thing about that though is that I'm so tired that today is going by like a dream. I'm sleepwalking my way through, I'm kind of like an automaton. By the time tomorrow it'll be like today never happened so I'll have one day down that I didn't really have to suffer through. Not sure if that makes sense, can barely function.

Weekend was okay for me too. I just looked in the mirror (and once I got over how handsome I am, it's still surprising after all these years) I recanted the negative and recounted all the positive stuff. I know I'm in with a good chance. It sounds arrogant, but I have to be one of the top candidates. It would be a díckhead move not to let me in.

I am convinced I have not got. My results from the college of comm are out next week so I am a ball of nerves...everything at once :( anyway yeah you got a great msap score so surely based in that alone you got in.

I am convinced I have not got. My results from the college of comm are out next week so I am a ball of nerves...everything at once :( anyway yeah you got a great msap score so surely based in that alone you got in.

Dude, if you have convinced yourself that you haven't got in then you can convince yourself that you did. Just use positive self talk. Stand in front of the mirror and list all the reasons that you did get in. Repeat as necessary.

Cool, what did you do at COC? You probably did really well.

Dude, if you have convinced yourself that you haven't got in then you can convince yourself that you did. Just use positive self talk. Stand in front of the mirror and list all the reasons that you did get in. Repeat as necessary.

I did applied psychology and social science. Very demanding course assignment wise! Glad I stuck it out..there were 27 starting and 11 sat final exams...

I did applied psychology and social science. Very demanding course assignment wise! Glad I stuck it out..there were 27 starting and 11 sat final exams...

If you've those done then you have a great chance of getting in. Sure, those are two of the five modules we'd be doing in first year.

If you've those done then you have a great chance of getting in. Sure, those are two of the five modules we'd be doing in first year.

Lets hope they think the same!! Who did u give as references by the way....if thats not too much of a personal question

Lets hope they think the same!! Who did u give as references by the way....if thats not too much of a personal question

I'm sure they will. You've proven that you can do it.

No, not at all, just some guy I worked with and St John's. Not sure if they actually rang.

Is it weird that I'm still checking my emails to see if there's anything?

• Advertisement

I'm sure they will. You've proven that you can do it.

No, not at all, just some guy I worked with and St John's. Not sure if they actually rang.

Is it weird that I'm still checking my emails to see if there's anything?

Not at all....I have a sneaky feeling we will get the next Monday. I was told stay looking at emails from the 2nd week if June and then I was told the middle of the month.

Not at all....I have a sneaky feeling we will get the next Monday. I was told stay looking at emails from the 2nd week if June and then I was told the middle of the month.

Awww fudge. I can do this week, but I don't think I could last another one. It would be horrendous for me. Like, I'm cool this week, but....if I get to Friday with no word....:confused: then :mad:

On the day of the interview they said that it would be between the twelfth and the twenty second.

Awww fudge. I can do this week, but I don't think I could last another one. It would be horrendous for me. Like, I'm cool this week, but....if I get to Friday with no word....:confused: then :mad:

On the day of the interview they said that it would be between the twelfth and the twenty second.
    12th and 22nd jaysus thats a 10day gap! Im constantly like omg omg omg when I see a new email lol....and anytime I think of it my stomach does summersalts...

At least we don't have to wait for the CAO, so, that's something. I'm excited more than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bloodstormaoa

Sorry to break up the conversation! :P
    Ross1986 wrote: »
    So I rang them because the email was confusing and they said that everyone who passed the interview was sent that email. Basically, the offers have to come through the CAO now and it's all down to peoples order of preference, etc. UL is my 1st choice so hopefully the offer will come through in July. Big relief knowing I passed the interview so now I'll just sit tight until July.

Best of luck to everyone.

Ah, well done! :D I got the same e-mail regarding my top 2 choices at UL and it's a bit difficult not knowing for definite, but hopefully it's a good sign! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ross1986

Congratulations, what course are you hoping to do? I know UL's hands are tied due to the fact it has to go through the CAO but I'm assuming that passing the interviews more or less means that you get offered a place. Will be looking forward to the 3rd July when we find out for definite!

Have you looked at any accommodation yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Triri

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has heard from DIT in regards to post-interview offers?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Martyy

Hey Triri I was in the interview for Acc and fin and got an offer from them on May 27

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bloodstormaoa

Ross1986 wrote: »
    Congratulations, what course are you hoping to do? I know UL's hands are tied due to the fact it has to go through the CAO but I'm assuming that passing the interviews more or less means that you get offered a place. Will be looking forward to the 3rd July when we find out for definite!

Have you looked at any accommodation yet?

Thanks! The BSc in Psychology is my first choice! :) Yeah it seems to be that way and I'd like to hope that's the case. I think it also depends on how selective they are when deeming candidates 'eligible', I mean if they do that for 20 people and there are only 4 places available, it's a bit of a pot luck.

I'm actually dreading the 3rd, just in case things don't go my way! :p

I actually moved to Limerick a couple of years ago when I was considering going to the Art college so fortunately, I'm all set up here! :) How about you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Triri

Thanks for your reply and congratulations.
    I got my offer today :)

Advertisement