Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,378 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

cletus wrote: »
    I thought i had stocked up before Christmas. Can’t seem to find most of it now...
    they might turn up. My place is like having an easter egg hunt, lifted a black sack of stuff and there was a 3 litres of smirnoff under it, found a couple of cases of guinness under a sideboard.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Can’t seem to find most of it now...

Hick....... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,137 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Be great if Tatra turns up in Lidl as well as Argus

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

If Perlenbacher is in Lidl this week, the Polish 7.2% Argus should be in next week or the week after. Used to be €1.50/500ml, think it went up to €1.70 last year but still a great deal!

Argus is a very nice beer,how do you know its in next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Argus is a very nice beer,how do you know its in next week?

Agreed, it's incredible especially for the price! Lidl seem to have a regular "offer rotation cycle" if you will - any time the XXL deal (which for this thread means 8x500ml Perlenbacher / €7.30-€7.50) comes around, the Polish Week, which includes several varieties of Argus and the yellow cans of Tatra, usually follows within the following three weeks. It used to always be the week immediately after XXL (so could start next Monday) but last year it varied by several weeks. Always shows up within a short timeframe following the XXL though, so keep an eye out on the leaflets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

I thought i had stocked up before Christmas. Can’t seem to find most of it now...
    i did bit drank it lol. Should have stock piled a couple more crate they were bargains ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,875 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

24 cans of bud for €24 in lidl they had Carlsberg and Guinness too but no prices displayed

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I'm looking for Guinness at the moment if there are any bargains going please let me know ;)

casio4 wrote: »
    I'm looking for Guinness at the moment if there are any bargains going please let me know ;)

The slabs in lidl will be worth checking because all three were together so chances are they are €24

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The Guinness is 24 but the Carlsberg is 32.

• Advertisement

The Guinness is 24 but the Carlsberg is 32.

Feck paying that for Carlsberg, had a blast of them over the last few evenings and Carlsberg farts are terrible :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Feck paying that for Carlsberg, had a blast of them over the last few evenings and Carlsberg farts are terrible :(

Not half as bad as Guinness ones :pac:

(Maybe there's no winning)

Not half as bad as Guinness ones :pac:

(Maybe there's no winning)

Bulmers wins the fart test for me, herself mentioned giving up drink because the Carlsberg ones are so bad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

According to the new Lidl leaflet... Polish Week is from Monday 14th Jan... No beer advertised in it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,894 ✭✭✭cletus

Hmm, may have to turn the sarcasometer up to 11

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Dunnes keeping January going
    GqBQoNk.png?1

Eurospar also doing some non-alco options
    8nYgZKL.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

laros wrote: »
    According to the new Lidl leaflet... Polish Week is from Monday 14th Jan... No beer advertised in it though.

There is indeed, bottom of page 9 :cool:

ZgktVNZ.png

No Tatra there but they often don't give a proper full reckoning in the leaflet so if anyone's looking for that I'd still give it a shot!

8 pack cans of bulmers €13 in spar €13.50 in SuperValu

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭xtradel

No Perlenbacher xxl in my local lidl (Doughiska Galway)only regular and this is not the first time :mad: They'll prob have it next week like the last time so picked up 12 cans for €12.50 to tie me over.

The slabs in lidl will be worth checking because all three were together so chances are they are €24

no slabs in Lidl for €24. it's €12 for 8 cans:(

• Advertisement

no slabs in Lidl for €24. it's €12 for 8 cans:(

not according to post 5531

not according to post 5531

well I tried 2 Lidls today and no slabs at all

well I tried 2 Lidls today and no slabs at all

probably sold out then

probably sold out then

that's why I put the sad face on the post it's killing me to have to pay €36 for a slab. Does anyone know how much a slab of Guinness is in Dunnes?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

8 pack cans of bulmers €13 in spar €13.50 in SuperValu
    Bulmers is down to €12 for the 8-pack in SuperValu from today til 23 Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Message from publicans. Give up yer oul booze deals and come back to our lovely establishments.

The Vintners Federation of Ireland welcomed the indications that the government will move forward with the plans.

The organisation's CEO, Padraig Cribben says the move is needed to deal with below-cost selling.

"We have been campaigning for a decade now on minimum unit pricing, and we think it's time to move ahead and put in in place because there is no other remedy insofar as in the way the retail trade, particularly the big supermarkets, are operating," he said.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

All this is going to mean- is a traffic jam to Newry and Eniskillen.

askU wrote: »

Thanks bought 2
    Funny how it says a 12 pack of cans will go from €12 to €20, cans of what exactly because it’s unusual to see a 12 pack of bulmers for €12

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

All this is going to mean- is a traffic jam to Newry and Eniskillen.

With the potential for duty free from the end of March, it'll mean boot-loads being smuggled back from the giant Tesco in Holyhead alongside as much spirits as possible bought on the boat for a third of the price.

The underlying concept is clearly against EU law unless you can demonstrate that no other measure can be effective. We are nowhere near close to that - we still allow alcohol advertising. We had minimum pricing on smokes which was overturned by the EU on that basis and that was despite an advertising ban, a retail display ban, second highest taxation in Europe, etc, etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement