Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Suppose I will let them know now I won't be in Monday. Oh wait. Yeah I am off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,135 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

[IMG][/img]8_B1_A9_A93-8_E32-4_F59-890_A-_FCCA316_C143_A.jpg

Also in dunnes from tomorrow 25% cash back on all wines proseco and champagne

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

OmegaGene wrote: »
    [IMG][/img]8_B1_A9_A93-8_E32-4_F59-890_A-_FCCA316_C143_A.jpg

Also in dunnes from tomorrow

The top of that picture's cut off. Is it all wine and champagne in the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,616 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Dunnes Stores have deployed the Death Star for this weekend when it comes to booze deals!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭sceach16

OhHiMark wrote: »
    The top of that picture's cut off. Is it all wine and champagne in the offer?

Yes.

• Advertisement

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Dunnes Stores have deployed the Death Star for this weekend when it comes to booze deals!

And there was me about to take a few weeks off if, that can wait now lol these prices are too good to pass up

• Registered Users Posts: 81,853 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

odyssey06 wrote: »

Yes someone in HQ has pressed the big red button. I am hoping it starts an old fashioned alcohol war between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,387 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Tesco have stopped taking Dunnes vouchers. Boo-urns.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Hate to be the barer of bad news, but it's any coupon. I thought it was just the smaller shops like the Metros and Expresses.

The notice however was very funny.

'Our prices are so good we don't need to compete against our competitors so we won't be taking there coupons anymore'

There was a moment, where I actually looked at it, and went out loud in the shop, 'ehhhhhhh?'. Then scan my items and left.

Tesco are a weird bunch, they have great moments and then they have moments where you think to yourself, 'ehhh I really wouldn't do that'.

Dunnes have cheaper booze so win win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Masala

Dunnes have cheaper booze so win win

Yep.... tried it in Tesco yesterday against €52 worth of shopping and assistant says they stopped taking the Dunne's voucher about 2 days ago!!!

All back to Dunne's so from now on.....€. 10 is €10 and not to be sniffed at!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,853 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tesco just pressed their red button, it reminds me of the great bread war of the 1980's between H Williams and Dunnes...

Budweiser/Carling/Carlsberg/Grolsch/Heineken/Molson 24 for €24
    Peroni 18x330ml €20

Roe And Co 700ml €35
    Jameson/Jack Daniels 700ml €25
    Johnnie Walker 700ml €24
    Kilbeggan/Teachers 700ml €23
    Powers 700ml €22

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Tesco just pressed their red button, it reminds me of the great bread war of the 1980's between H Williams and Dunnes...

To say nothing about the baked beans war.........

Think I'll have to restock Prosecco @ the 25% back + a tenner off for the little wifey. Not entirely sure how Dunnes are managing this (even if their Prosecco isn't the cheapest)- the duty alone is 4-5 quid a bottle........

Think I'll have to restock Prosecco @ the 25% back + a tenner off for the little wifey. Not entirely sure how Dunnes are managing this (even if their Prosecco isn't the cheapest)- the duty alone is 4-5 quid a bottle........

Taking a hit on the booze hoping you will spend more on the food I guess
    Voucher in the Irish examiner today if anyone needs one

I need a bigger boot for these booze runs, it’s reminds me of the France trips years ago

Are those Grolsch slabs in Tesco 440 or 500mL cans?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

I would never buy that 'Prosecco Frizzante'. It's not proper Prosecco - its semi-sparkling to achieve a lower duty rate. As it's bottled under less pressure & doesn't require a champagne cork, it qualifies for the lower still-wine tax rate.

Ridiculous that you can go to Newry & buy proper Prosecco for as low as GBP6.50 a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

banchang wrote: »

Ridiculous that you can go to Newry & buy proper Prosecco for as low as GBP6.50 a bottle.

Not for long!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Anyone spotted a good deal on Hendricks gin or should I hold out for the holiday weekend offers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 465 ✭✭TetraSonic55

28 euro for a slab of Bulmers in Tesco

28 euro for a slab of Bulmers in Tesco

2 Slabs for €50 in dunnes and you can use a voucher so €20 a slab
    I’m bringing two home everyday now
    It won’t go to waste

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

It won’t go to waste

and I think it stops tomorrow, well that's what the ad in the Sunday Indo said in the small print, finishes 31st July

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

It won’t go to waste

Cheers, got 2 slabs this morning using that voucher.
    casio4 wrote: »
    and I think it stops tomorrow, well that's what the ad in the Sunday Indo said in the small print, finishes 31st July

Voucher i had said it was valid from the 31st July to the 7th Aug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Anyone spotted a good deal on Hendricks gin or should I hold out for the holiday weekend offers?

Alternatively a good price for Bombay sapphire??😁

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

banchang wrote: »
    I would never buy that 'Prosecco Frizzante'. It's not proper Prosecco - its semi-sparkling to achieve a lower duty rate. As it's bottled under less pressure & doesn't require a champagne cork, it qualifies for the lower still-wine tax rate.

You can massively increase the fizz by pouring almost horizontally into the glass, avoiding the formation of any 'head' on the prosecco. The body remains far more carbonated than the classic champagne pour wherein people let it froth up in the glass and wait for it to settle.

Or get ordinary cheap wine and stick it in a Soda Stream :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,924 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

It said that in the ad alright but the two for fifty is still running in Killarney today anyway.

Savage value and long may it last!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

It said that in the ad alright but the two for fifty is still running in Killarney today anyway.

Savage value and long may it last!

Fella working in dunnes said they often roll on the offer week by week but don’t say in advance so people go in and buy it and hopefully the rest of their shopping too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭freebee23

My local Dunnes in Blanchardstown had it advertised until 6th Aug.
    Heading down now to grab 2 slabs, can feel a thirst coming on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement