Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2015*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Leavingcert179

is there anywhere abroad you could apply this late to study medicine for 2015/2016??

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭GrabTheCREAM

is there anywhere abroad you could apply this late to study medicine for 2015/2016??

probably romania or one of those countries but i wouldn't place all my eggs in one basket aka romania if ur catching my drift bro

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Gabrielazap

Guys for people who got into Trinity for medicine, did ye get a garda vetting application form yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭otpmb

I got a letter from ucd with all the information about garda vetting and vaccinations and I'm a bit confused.

The price for the vaccinations is €225, but if you have certain components already completed (chicken pox, hepatitis B) is it cheaper or do we pay the full price anyway?

Go to your GP, ask the secretary for certificates for previous vaccinations you have had (like TB), get them to write a note if you were previously diagnosed with chickenpox, literally tell them what you're doing if you're unsure, they'll know what to do, they have to do it for most people doing a health course. It's probably better to let the campus doctor do the rest of your vaccinations and bloods and keep all your info together. You have to pay the full 225 regardless but you might get some money back, if you have certain components completed, money came back in April mast year. In UCC we had to bring all our certs and money (the 225 not like the registration fees) in on the induction day, not sure about anywhere else though though.

Just fill up your Garda Vetting form, might be best to make a photocopy and do it rough once, and give it in when you're asked. You don't need to go in to the Garda Station and get it signed or anything like that.
    CK701 wrote: »
    I just got accepted to Med UCC.

Does anybody know what combined HPAT/ LC score would put you in the running for one of the entrance scholarships/ grants?

Well done, in UCC entrance scholarships and grants aren't given to repeats or transfers, they're given to like the top 5 people based on combined LC and HPAT score, think you have to get over 600 points too, it's announced in November I think.

Poland, I know a guy who went there, loves it. I'm sure I could ask him for the details. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 iamtheonewho

Anyone get into the 5 year RCSI programme?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 LauraKc

Guys for people who got into Trinity for medicine, did ye get a garda vetting application form yet??

No I haven't received anything from them yet

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Iamtheduchess

Perhaps a stupid question but do lectures start the week after Orientation Week in NUIG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

Perhaps a stupid question but do lectures start the week after Orientation Week in NUIG?

Lectures start the 7th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

Does anyone know when we find out if whether we've been put into 1st med or premed? It seems so strange that we haven't heard a thing from NUIG yet.. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Gallagher1

Does anyone know when we find out if whether we've been put into 1st med or premed? It seems so strange that we haven't heard a thing from NUIG yet.. :confused:

Check your email. I got an email from them saying that everyone will be assigned to either the 5/6 year course on Wednesday 26th and we can register only at that stage.

• Advertisement

Gallagher1 wrote: »
    Check your email. I got an email from them saying that everyone will be assigned to either the 5/6 year course on Wednesday 26th and we can register only at that stage.

Nope, never got an email from them. Fabulous. When did you get it? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I only accepted yesterday :confused: Thanks for the info though.

Nope, never got an email from them. Fabulous. When did you get it? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I only accepted yesterday :confused: Thanks for the info though.

I got it yesterday and I accepted it at like 6:30am when offers came out so maybe you could get it tomorrow or the day after.

I got it yesterday and I accepted it at like 6:30am when offers came out so maybe you could get it tomorrow or the day after.

I almost completely forgot about accepting the offer :P Okay, thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nat96

Calling all future TCD med students ! I am extremely confused about Orientation as the timetable we received is dated 2014 - could anyone shine some light on this dark dilemma?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭OMGeary

nat96 wrote: »
    Calling all future TCD med students ! I am extremely confused about Orientation as the timetable we received is dated 2014 - could anyone shine some light on this dark dilemma?
    You received a timetable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 donegal262

OMGeary wrote: »
    You received a timetable ?

I never got a timetable at all?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Murphy3

Corrib Village waiting list emails are out for accommodation for NUIG!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Emma_O25

Just wondering if anyone on here is also doing UCC med? I haven't seen anyone posting about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

What are the chances of getting into Trinity or UCD with 595 points and a hpat score of 180 on the second round offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SC2020

Mary63 wrote: »
    What are the chances of getting into Trinity or UCD with 595 points and a hpat score of 180 on the second round offers.

you're sitting on 739 which is more than both ucd and tcd. im 1 pt off ucd. any chance it'll go down by 2?

• Advertisement

Its a young relative who is hoping for one or other.

Realistically is it likely that he might get it in round two.

I wonder how many places come up and how many would have better scores.

Mary63 wrote: »

That's a total of 739..that's more than what both were in the first round. If that person didn't get TCD/UCD in the first round they aren't going to get it in the second round..

If a person with 739 who wanted TCD didn't get it in the first round they

A) Didn't meet subject entry requirements

B) Filled out the CAO very very wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Leavingcert179

Between all the collages how many space do you think wont be filled after round one?

I thought the figures didnt make sense,he has offer in RCSI but i was thinking he should have got UCD or Trinity.
    Maybe I got the Hpat figure wrong.
    Good luck to everyone still hoping for a place,you have all done really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭OMGeary

Does anyone know the story about vaccinations for trinity?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Daisies97

Between all the collages how many space do you think wont be filled after round one?

there were about 60 places offered for medicine in round two last year! but i know nuig went to a fifth round so theres definitely far more!

Daisies97 wrote: »
    there were about 60 places offered for medicine in round two last year! but i know nuig went to a fifth round so theres definitely far more!

Not that I'm doubting that there were 60 spots but where did you get that figure from?

I still haven't heard a word from NUIG and it's driving me crazy :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Daisies97

Not that I'm doubting that there were 60 spots but where did you get that figure from?

oh it was 64! em i cant post the link bc im still a new user but if you look up the irish times there's an article from last year "round two points for medicine courses drop further"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Emmp21

I'm on a score of 725 and have accepted NUIG but what are my chances of getting UCC on second round offers do you think?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement