Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2015*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SuperSayian

This is just a tad late but:

To anyone who didn't get what they needed/wanted, it's not the end of the world. I did the LC and HPAT 3 times before I got into medicine. If you really want to do it, don't let this stop you.

My advice is to repeat if you're not happy. It is not as awful as you think and you'll regret it in the long run if you take a course you're not passionate about. If anyone needs a little bit of advice or anything feel free to PM me. I consider myself a bit of a LC veteran at this point :rolleyes:

If it's what's meant for you, it won't pass you by. Best of luck to anyone who decides to repeat and congrats to everyone who is happy with their results:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 catinthehat456

petrichor wrote: »
    Going into 2nd year med, I can pm you my timetable from last year if you want an idea for the hours? :) Congrats!

Could you pm me too please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kingker123

petrichor wrote: »
    Going into 2nd year med, I can pm you my timetable from last year if you want an idea for the hours? :) Congrats!

Can you pm me too please? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Gallagher1

Found this on one of the older HPAT threads. Shows what NUIG's first med timetable is like. Starts off handy but gets intense very quick haha

• Registered Users Posts: 19 donegal262

Still can't log in to apply for trinity halls :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 LauraKc

donegal262 wrote: »
    Still can't log in to apply for trinity halls :(

Did you get an email on 10/8 with the subject Portal Log In detail for CAO Applicants? You need to create an account on my.tcd.ie first and then create another account on the accomodation website.

LauraKc wrote: »
    Did you get an email on 10/8 with the subject Portal Log In detail for CAO Applicants? You need to create an account on my.tcd.ie first and then create another account on the accomodation website.

I can log onto mytcd and changed my password from date f birth and everything ,but when I try to log into 'my accomodation' it says user not recognized :/ It says they're still awaiting my acceptance of my offer as well, even though I accepted yesterday at 6am :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LauraKc

donegal262 wrote: »
    I can log onto mytcd and changed my password from date f birth and everything ,but when I try to log into 'my accomodation' it says user not recognized :/ It says they're still awaiting my acceptance of my offer as well, even though I accepted yesterday at 6am :(

You don't go into my accommodation to book trinity hall you go to https://accommodation.tcd.ie/StudentBookings/mydetails.aspx and click create account and then you log in to book the accommodation.

Btw my account still says waiting for response as well. It probably won't beupdated until the reply date for the round one offers has passed.

LauraKc wrote: »
    You don't go into my accommodation to book trinity hall you go toand click create account and then you log in to book the accommodation.

Btw my account still says waiting for response as well. It probably won't beupdated until the reply date for the round one offers has passed.

Omg thank you so so much I was doing the complete wrong thing :') You're a life saver!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 emma35

anyone else staying in corrib village? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Iamtheduchess

emma35 wrote: »

I wish! Number 10 on the waiting list for Menlo

aw no! hopefully itll get sorted! I was lucky, but still only managed to get a twin room

aw no! hopefully itll get sorted! I was lucky, but still only managed to get a twin room

Yeah I think I made a mistake because I didn't apply for the sharing room? Like 10 is pretty high up and it's only Tuesday so I'm kinda hopeful.

I am, beyond excited for it :pac: You electing to do premed?

Be hopeful, like a huge amount of people who put their names down for accommodation in Galway did so 'just in case' they got offered it..A lot of people will be accepting offers elsewhere and for somewhere like Menlo I'd say a lot more than 10 won't be going to Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 12 carrie1884

Yeah, you pay the full price and then they refund you once you show them proof of having gotten all the injections :)

Best of luck!

Do you have any idea is that covered by the Medical Card?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SC2020

posted this a few pages ago, might as well repost it:
    "Got an email from RCSI discussing fees, bills etc. The fees are due before Sept 1. If I get UCD after rechecks, having already accepted RCSI does that mean I have to make 2 payments or do I get the RCSI one refunded?"

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Doctorhopeful

SC2020 wrote:
    "Got an email from RCSI discussing fees, bills etc. The fees are due before Sept 1. If I get UCD after rechecks, having already accepted RCSI does that mean I have to make 2 payments or do I get the RCSI one refunded?"
    pretty sure this is in the cao handbook but who cares it's not like anyone here reads that :P the fee you paid rcsi gets transferred to ucd if you move up and accept a place there. So no, you don't pay two fees.

Gallagher1 wrote: »
    I am, beyond excited for it :pac: You electing to do premed?

yeah omg same, i'll be v nervous moving down though all the same! yeah I am, I want to catch my bearings for the year :rolleyes::pac: are you?

yeah omg same, i'll be v nervous moving down though all the same! yeah I am, I want to catch my bearings for the year :rolleyes::pac: are you?

I can't wait for it..Yeah me too, although I'm doing it for the year long session before things get intense in first med and sure where else to go but Corrib :pac:

• Advertisement

When I called NUIG they said 50% of students would be allocated 1st med based on merit and the other 50 premed. Does it say somewhere we can elect to do either?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Misty_01

Hello and congratulations to everyone ! I just wanted a bit of advice on where to do an HPAT preparation course. The Du£lin School of Gr|n€$ and the institute are offering one, and I'm not exactly sure which one to go to. Thanks in advance ! This is for entry to medicine 2016 BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mhf55

Anyone have any idea what time the ucd accommodation is going to open?

When I called NUIG they said 50% of students would be allocated 1st med based on merit and the other 50 premed. Does it say somewhere we can elect to do either?

I think if you email them literally begging them they should let you in. However if you have 3A1s in the sciences you probably won't be allowed

I think if you email them literally begging them they should let you in. However if you have 3A1s in the sciences you probably won't be allowed

Oh right ok, I've an A1, A2 and B3 but didn't do physics (did Ag instead). I'm not really sure which I want either because I repeated the LC and everything. Are you guys electing for premed just to have a little break or are there other benefits?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 niamhiemaria

Has anybody actually heard anything from NUIG? I'm starting to worry about the lack of correspondence

Oh right ok, I've an A1, A2 and B3 but didn't do physics (did Ag instead). I'm not really sure which I want either because I repeated the LC and everything. Are you guys electing for premed just to have a little break or are there other benefits?
    I have A1 in biology and chemistry but I didn't do physics so would I probably get premed then?

Has anybody actually heard anything from NUIG? I'm starting to worry about the lack of correspondence

Last year I don't think people got anything from NUIG until 3 days after offers.
    I have A1 in biology and chemistry but I didn't do physics so would I probably get premed then?

According to the open day, it's all based on merit. The 5 year course is offered to people on a system where the higher you are on this list, the more likely you are offered first med.
    1) People with 3 sciences, all A1
    2) People with 3 sciences
    3) Bio/Chem both A1
    4) Bio/Chem
    5) People without Chemistry/People with only 1 science subject

I got an A1 and A2 in Bio and Chem so I'm a bit on the fence about whether I'll get it but if you make a very good case for wanting to do premed, they might let you.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Caolan

Anyone have a timetable for rcsi JC1 from last year?

• Advertisement

Last year I don't think people got anything from NUIG until 3 days after offers.

According to the open day, it's all based on merit. The 5 year course is offered to people on a system where the higher you are on this list, the more likely you are offered first med.
    1) People with 3 sciences, all A1
    2) People with 3 sciences
    3) Bio/Chem both A1
    4) Bio/Chem
    5) People without Chemistry/People with only 1 science subject

I got an A1 and A2 in Bio and Chem so I'm a bit on the fence about whether I'll get it but if you make a very good case for wanting to do premed, they might let you.

I'd say I'll be doing premed then , but I don't really mind either way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement