Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2015*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Omedicineg

Emmp21 wrote: »
    What are my chances of getting UCC med with 725 in second round offers?

Should be a very good chance actually!! Hope it goes well for you!

Anyone reckon there'll be second round offers for 723 points in nuig tomorrow?

I'm 99% sure you'll get you don't even need anymore points all you need is the random selection to go! You're in a better position than a lot of people (most people on here have 722)

I have one but it can only be opened on Mac. I don't think it changes much at all from year to year.

I don't know anything about it all I heard is that it was a doss year so are we looking at an easier workload than the leaving cert? 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

Omedicineg wrote: »
    I don't know anything about it all I heard is that it was a doss year so are we looking at an easier workload than the leaving cert? 😳

It's a doss year. As I said the timetable doesn't really change from year to year and I have last years one here and they had 3 hours a week of lectures in bio, chem & phys, a chem tutorial, a phys tutorial and a phys practical aside from that early patient contact stuff. So we're looking at around 12 hours per week :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Gallagher1

It's a doss year. As I said the timetable doesn't really change from year to year and I have last years one here and they had 3 hours a week of lectures in bio, chem & phys, a chem tutorial, a phys tutorial and a phys practical aside from that early patient contact stuff. So we're looking at around 12 hours per week :rolleyes:

Session.

• Advertisement

Gallagher1 wrote: »
    Session.

Huh?

Session.

What? xD

Huh?

So much spare time :pac: :rolleyes:

So much spare time :pac: :rolleyes:

Haha struggled slightly to make that leap :P

Do we set up the campus account after we go in and collect our student ID cards? I'm so confused by all this registration rubbish for Galway!! So many things to sign into!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

Omedicineg wrote: »
    Do we set up the campus account after we go in and collect our student ID cards? I'm so confused by all this registration rubbish for Galway!! So many things to sign into!

You set up your cass account after you've registered and once your cass account is set up, you can log into Blackboard.

Though your courses might not come up on Blackboard yet as they're having trouble with it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Murphy3

Can anyone tell me how they registered? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 niamhiemaria

Anyone have a link to a first year med timetable for Galway, not a pre-med one

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Gabrielazap

Guys, just want to say the very best of luck to everybody anxiously awaiting 2nd round offers tomorrow. I really hope you all get what you want! :):P

Anyone have a link to a first year med timetable for Galway, not a pre-med one

I posted one a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mhf55

Anyone in ucd know what they're going to pick for their electives?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Consonata

I posted one a few pages back.

Here it is for people who want it:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Thisistheyear

Are 2nd round offers out yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Daisies97

yeah but ucc is the only college to make offers for med and it stayed on 726, its not looking good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 superduckdude

From irishexaminer.com

"After heavy demand and strong take-up of earlier offers, only 20 engineering or technology honours (level 8) degrees are offering places through the Central Applications Office (CAO)."

"It made Round 2 offers online at 6am and only 11 medical school places are being offered, all of them at University College Cork. The only veterinary medicine degree, at University College Dublin (UCD), offered entry to just one student."

• Advertisement

Wow only 11 places offered... Maybe you'll get it in another round guys don't lose hope yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Thebabyjesus

Anyone in nuig get offered a spot in ucc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Emma_O25

UCC anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Daisies97

I really hope this clears 11 spaces in NUIG on the next round for the people on 723. As tough as it is missing out by a point, not getting it on random selection is the most tragic thing I could think of

Daisies97 wrote: »
    I really hope this clears 11 spaces in NUIG on the next round for the people on 723. As tough as it is missing out by a point, not getting it on random selection is the most tragic thing I could think of

Definitely won't clear 11 spots in Galway. I'd wager less than 5. Some people(who are not from Cork) would have already organised accommodation and registered for Galway so they will not be arsed accepting Cork and having to find accommodation(again) in the second round.

Now obviously those from Cork are going to accept the offer but if you take things in terms of proportion, it's not gonna be 11 people moving..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Emmp21

Anyone have a pre med timetable I could take a look at?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Leavingcert179

How many people are on 723 for Galway but didn't get it?

I want one too

• Registered Users Posts: 40 emma35

Me for one

dont give up hope. there will of course be a small switch about after round 2 and even after LC rechecks you could get a deferred place if you went up!

• Advertisement

I have one for Mac if that's any use to you..? Or else of course if you're tech savvy enough to convert it, I for one am not :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement