Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2015*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mhf55

Kayleigh.. wrote: »
    Errr in a big panic the 1st of July, I quickly changed my CAO, to science courses, because I thought I'd fúcked up the LC.

Aaaaannndddd so it turned out that I didn't actually feck it up, as I ended up with 555 points in the LC and a score of 194 in the HPAT (98th percentile last year). :rolleyes:

Actually is that 555 readjusted points? If so you literally got the exact same lc points and hpat as me haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

mhf55 wrote: »
    Oh no I think that's everyone's worst nightmare! And did you try for it again this year?
    Ah it was my own fault, I should have left it there :P Nah, I couldn't sit through the HPAT again, I get exam related anxiety. Twas a miracle I managed it the first time ::pac:

Ah it was my own fault, I should have left it there :P Nah, I couldn't sit through the HPAT again, I get exam related anxiety. Twas a miracle I managed it the first time ::pac:

Yea I can understand that! What are you doing now?

Actually is that 555 readjusted points? If so you literally got the exact same lc points and hpat as me haha

It is :P I got 749 all together :P I'm guessing you got med so? :pac:

It is :P I got 749 all together :P I'm guessing you got med so? :pac:

Yea I repeated so I'm just delighted I can say it was worth it!

• Advertisement

Yea I can understand that! What are you doing now?

General science, hope to finish with a BSc in Physics and Applied Physics and then go on and do a MSc in Medical Physics. :P
    Yea I repeated so I'm just delighted I can say it was worth it!
    Congrats! I wouldn't be able for repeating haha :P

General science, hope to finish with a BSc in Physics and Applied Physics and then go on and do a MSc in Medical Physics. :P

That sounds unreal! Best of luck with it :)

That sounds unreal! Best of luck with it :)

Thanks a million! All I need is A's for the next three years :pac:

Best of luck with med!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SC2020

how difficult is the foundation year in rcsi meant to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 emma35

Emmp21 wrote: »
    I am!!

Me!!!! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Gallagher1

I know a lot of people on here are all delighted with offers but I hope the likes of mlfaw/vladd25 and co on 722 get in on the second round. Must be hard to be in that situation. Tough oul wait now till the 27th..

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Omedicineg

NUIG for me 3 points to spare 😬😬😬😬😬😬

Gallagher1 wrote: »
    I know a lot of people on here are all delighted with offers but I hope the likes of mlfaw/vladd25 and co on 722 get in on the second round. Must be hard to be in that situation. Tough oul wait now till the 27th..

You're safe enough with your 740+ score 😂

Omedicineg wrote: »
    You're safe enough with your 740+ score 😂

It's a tough wait for them I mean

Gallagher1 wrote: »
    It's a tough wait for them I mean

You have a spare 26 points 😧 phenomenal, did you repeat or get grinds or was it all you??

Omedicineg wrote: »
    You have a spare 26 points 😧 phenomenal, did you repeat or get grinds or was it all you??

Repeated HPAT. Did Med3ntry(day course wasn't really that useful) but I did a lot of practice second time round. A lot.

Paid off though..Even though it is horrific I'd say to anyone that doesn't get med first time around, repeat HPAT!:pac:

this time last year people were very against my repeating the LC and the HPAT. They felt that I was being too hard on myself and that I should relax and take something else!Anyone who feels that they have it in them to do better and wouldnt feel satisfied taking their second choice,I think definitely repeat. The year absolutely flew by and It feels like only yesterday that CAO offers were out last year! And the pressure is so much less when all your friends are finished with the exams and relatives have mostly forgotten about it, its a novelty the first time around but a chilled thing the second :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 vladd25

Gallagher1 wrote:

Thank you mate and congrats for your offer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 carrie1884

Officially heading to ucd, anyone else? :(

Meeeeeee!

I can't believe it, absolutely delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Gabrielazap

Really cannot believe it! Going to TCD :) Anyone else? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 donegal262

Has anyone gotten into trinity halls accommodation application yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SC2020

do people actually decline an offer from med? can't understand how someone can score a really good hpat and LC and still get rid of med. any chance that ucd will go down?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

SC2020 wrote: »
    do people actually decline an offer from med? can't understand how someone can score a really good hpat and LC and still get rid of med. any chance that ucd will go down?

Some people do. The 'mammy filled in the form for me' syndrome. Lots of pressure on people who can get high points to do high points courses, just because they can. I applaud anyone who swims against the tide and does what they want instead.

SC2020 wrote: »

Some people realise they can't afford to move to Dublin and have no choice but to decline. Can imagine this happens in every course and Medicine is no exception.

I know two people going into NUIG med!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭yoyojc

Realistically will it drop much more in Galway do ye reckon?

Also I'd really appreciate if someone knows if I can use my LC from this year to apply to the UK next year, I have the 6 A's required at HL but I'm not sure if the LC has to be sat in the same year as the application?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 CK701

Newbie here!

Congrats to everyone who got what they wanted and fingers crossed for those who are still hoping for an offer.

I just got accepted to Med UCC.

Does anybody know what combined HPAT/ LC score would put you in the running for one of the entrance scholarships/ grants?

yoyojc wrote: »
    Realistically will it drop much more in Galway do ye reckon?

Also I'd really appreciate if someone knows if I can use my LC from this year to apply to the UK next year, I have the 6 A's required at HL but I'm not sure if the LC has to be sat in the same year as the application?

Thanks in advance!

It doesn't have to be sat in the same year as your application. The only rule is that you get the grades in your first sitting of the exams. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Leavingcert179

Missed Galway on random selection :(

• Advertisement

Missed Galway on random selection :(

You stand an excellent chance getting it in the second round!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement