Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPRING WEATHER 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Rainfall warning for mayo Galway and donegal with totals between 25 and 35mm forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Milkybarkid7

Would anybody be able to give an accurate forecast for Life festival that will be on the 23rd to 25th of may in Mullingar?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Would anybody be able to give an accurate forecast for Life festival that will be on the 23rd to 25th of may in Mullingar?

More than likely overcast with a mixture of rain, some bright spells and moderate winds.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

Any predictions for Killarney bike fest 30th May to 2nd June??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

After a very stormy and wet week last week here in southern Poland, Its very hot here now. Today the car showed 30c at one point and when i got home an hour ago, checked my home weather station to see it recorded 28.4c around 16.00.

Current forecast is for the heat to increase from tomorrow onwards as we are in a south easterly due to high pressure over Russia.

I was talking to my son earlier about installing our swimming pool, but he quite sharply replied, "Daddy, not yet the swimming pool is for summer and it is still spring"!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

snaps wrote: »
    I was talking to my son earlier about installing our swimming pool, but he quite sharply replied, "Daddy, not yet the swimming pool is for summer and it is still spring"!!

And he is probably correct. Some years we don't get all four seasons, meteorologically speaking, astronomical seasons are real and fixed in relatively neat compartment and are fairly exact and can trigger meteorology, in deed does so, however, these triggers don't always have the desired effect.

Many people have difficulty in grasping the actual facts that Spring can be a weekend in January, back to Winter and Summer can be a weekend in March and Winter can return with no effective Autumn for the rest of the year.

Listen to the wise one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status yellow rain warning issued

Rainfall Warning for Dublin, Kildare and Wicklow
    Heavy rainfall expected Friday evening and overnight in to Saturday morning. In excess of 25 mm possible, heaviest over South Dublin and Wicklow.
    Issued:
    Friday 23 May 2014 15:00

Valid:
    Friday 23 May 2014 15:00 to Saturday 24 May 2014 09:00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Feeling like early winter. Cold dark wet. Pure muck.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

that sums up most of May so far, apart from 2 or 3 mild/warm days this month has been horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭acequion

Gonzo wrote: »
    that sums up most of May so far, apart from 2 or 3 mild/warm days this month has been horrible.

I'd take winter over this excuse for a summer any day! At least if it were December,we'd be all cosy and christmasy,with curtains drawn and fires blazing or even a still,frosty day in January.

Having to look out the window at this tripe until 10 at night in late May is bloody depressing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

acequion wrote: »
    I'd take winter over this excuse for a summer any day! At least if it were December,we'd be all cosy and christmasy,with curtains drawn and fires blazing or even a still,frosty day in January.

Having to look out the window at this tripe until 10 at night in late May is bloody depressing!

I remember last December being wet, overcast and not at all Christmasy. In fact I'm pretty sure some areas recorded their mildest December in over 20 years.

Only a couple of days ago I sat out in the garden under a blue sky all afternoon/evening until 9pm, so I cant complain. It is Ireland afterall, and not even summer yet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,581 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

the past 24 hours have felt cold in Dublin alright - haven't had the heat on since March - if it wasn't so expensive I'd blast it on - the sea water was actually not too bad today , very stormy water though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

thebaz wrote: »
    the past 24 hours have felt cold in Dublin alright - haven't had the heat on since March - if it wasn't so expensive I'd blast it on - the sea water was actually not too bad today , very stormy water though

Not too great in the west this evening.

Depressingly cold and wet again this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

acequion wrote: »
    I'd take winter over this excuse for a summer any day!

Not summer until next week ...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

This is my least favourite type of weather, it's been going on 2 weeks and looks to continue into next week. :(
    Just unsettled, showers every day, no predictions of a dry day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looks like our cool and very wet May is going to extend into the first week of June at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭aidanki

the weather forecast is unsettled for this week at best, its even possible we will get a few drenchings.......

Is there any hope of us getting some drier weather next week ?

agri backround here really need things to dry up..........

Gonzo wrote: »
    looks like our cool and very wet May is going to extend into the first week of June at least.

Was a very pleasant and dry 16-17 here in Waterford again today. Was sitting out the back under almost unbroken blue sky for several hours. :) Still very nice out there now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Was a very pleasant and dry 16-17 here in Waterford again today. Was sitting out the back under almost unbroken blue sky for several hours. :) Still very nice out there now.

Yes Maq was a smashing afternoon/evening. Zero rain today and just 1mm yesterday. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Weather is lovely here in Ashbourne. Bit chilly, though.

Doing exams today with a window seat, the sun peering in was nearly melting me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Joe Public

I'm happy Mr. Ring got it wrong as a cold end to May is not good for fruit crops.

“2014 is a year bringing no records broken, no lasting heatwaves and no expected extremes,” he said. “Some things stand out, like the south wetter than the north during the early months, an unusually cold second half of May, and the possibility of flooding in August and November in the West and Midlands.”

Warmest day of the year in Waterford today. Very nice indeed. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Warmest day of the year in Waterford today. Very nice indeed. :cool:
    Ditto in Galway City, currently 20.7C and also the warmest day of the year so far
    Unfortunately
    I'm working Manchester today where the weather is meh and 13.0C :(

Very warm in clare, a bit windy though.

Nice day in south Tipp. Sunny generally but cloud building up this afternoon. Tempature hovering around 20 degrees. Could this be the pattern for the summer I wonder. A few bad days followed by a few meh days followed by a few nice days? Rest of the week looks ok with a change (naturally) over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Rain is coming down now in Galway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Utterly miserable in south east England this week, three days straight of persistent rain and temps in the low teens. Highs were in the mid 20's just last week so it's quite a shock to the system.

Hopefully the good weather sticks for the weekend over there, Saturday looks promising at the moment though rain likely Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Harps wrote: »
    Utterly miserable in south east England this week, three days straight of persistent rain and temps in the low teens. Highs were in the mid 20's just last week so it's quite a shock to the system.

Hopefully the good weather sticks for the weekend over there, Saturday looks promising at the moment though rain likely Sunday

It was grand for the Sunday of BMW PGA golf in Wentworth, it must have gone down shortly afters.

Advertisement