Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPRING WEATHER 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

fine fair day and bliss to sit outside...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Graces7 wrote: »
    fine fair day and bliss to sit outside...

Yes, one of those special ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mike65 wrote: »
    Its a bit soon to be getting hopes up but I'm getting a good vibe about the general pressure situation.

Hope I've not put the mockers on it! :p

I stand by this feeling I have :)

Red Nissan wrote: »
    Yes, one of those special ones.

and yesterday trading at market....blissful sunshine...and useful rain in the night...

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

Looks like Mark Zuckerberg is the one responsible for all this bad weather....

NG4UT3g.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

15mm so far this May (all 13 hours of it) which is about 50% of what fell during the whole of April in my area. Very welcome to get a bit of growth going :)

Fecking forcast is a continual downgrade of what was looking like a decent weekend :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Fecking forcast is a continual downgrade of what was looking like a decent weekend :(

yeah it's back to the usual muck unfortunately, was really looking forward to some warm sunny days next week. Only good thing has been the recent lack of rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Fine for me ! A bit of rain is savage for a weekend of running :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

not too bad in the east/southeast but none of the hinted high pressure weather of last week.
    That's probably a good thing?
    Sun in may is never good for the rest of the summer.

• Advertisement

Fine for me ! A bit of rain is savage for a weekend of running :pac:

Ya weirdo! :D
    whitebriar wrote: »
    not too bad in the east/southeast but none of the hinted high pressure weather of last week.
    That's probably a good thing?
    Sun in may is never good for the rest of the summer.

Why is sun in May a bad thing? and is it sun or warm weather, or indeed just dry weather? Sounds like fairy tales to me this sort of thing.

Ya weirdo! :D

Why is sun in May a bad thing? and is it sun or warm weather, or indeed just dry weather? Sounds like fairy tales to me this sort of thing.
    Because weather averages out usually over the year.
    You get a months sunny weather in May,it's borrowed from July and loaned again in September,that type of thing.
    At least it's average weather we are having now and not super wet so we are not borrowing from next month or July so a warmer sunnier June is probably more likely and usually nicer then than in May as well frankly,it will be mid point without having had a terrible start so we'll be happier.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just seen the farming forecast on RTE and the next 7 days look like an absolute washout with below average temperatures, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come for the entire summer.

Wretched but apparently its something we should be happy with on account of the notional sunshine quota :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Gonzo wrote: »
    just seen the farming forecast on RTE and the next 7 days look like an absolute washout with below average temperatures, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come for the entire summer.

ITs not summer yet though?...

sleepy weather today....oppressive and humid. no mountains.

Iancar29 wrote: »
    ITs not summer yet though?...
    Exactly.
    This weather is average and it's not even wet..
    Do some people expect Greek style summer's the whole time now?
    Silly expectations that.

Yes there is an average level of fine spells and wet spells in the Irish climate.
    Don't shoot the messenger :rolleyes:

wet and windy....cannot get met up for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Is there any chance of an improvement in the weather after this week???

Its a bit soon to be getting hopes up but I'm getting a good vibe about the general pressure situation.

Hope I've not put the mockers on it! :p

I apologise for putting the mockers on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Graces7 wrote: »
    wet and windy....cannot get met up for some reason

Too much wine last night maybe :D

Snowc wrote: »
    Too much wine last night maybe :D

not a chance...allergic to alcohol!

still cannot access the met ie website. very odd if everyone else can

wild wind and bright skies. cuckoo calling and swallows dancing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

What happened the high pressure progged last week! Some turn around in the outlook.

Interesting line of convection developing over the midlands at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Yes, a big scary looking front about to pass over me now, can see Mammatus clouds forming.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Very disappointing bank holiday weekend here, given the outlook earlier in the week. I'd say we've had about 10 minutes of sunshine since Friday with near wall to wall low cloud,cool, breezy conditions. Anytime I attempted to go outside it drizzled:(

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Very disappointing bank holiday weekend here, given the outlook earlier in the week. I'd say we've had about 10 minutes of sunshine since Friday with near wall to wall low cloud,cool, breezy conditions. Anytime I attempted to go outside it drizzled:(

Get used of it, won't be any change anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Was away this weekend. What happened to the 'heatwave' that was ring bandied about for this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Was away this weekend. What happened to the 'heatwave' that was ring bandied about for this week?

It disappeared like a winter cold spell. It was always 120hr + away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Awful evening here in south Tipp. Cold wet dreary
    Really worried about the summer tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Really worried about the summer tbh.

Me too. I feel we are slipping back into they typical endless unsettled wet, cold and dull patterns of previous summers. I hope I'm wrong and we are getting some of the muck put of the way before summer...can only hope.

Advertisement