Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPRING WEATHER 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Still hearing about a 'heatwave' for next week-I kid ye not. No evidence of this on ME tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Still hearing about a 'heatwave' for next week-I kid ye not. No evidence of this on ME tonight

Gerry Murphy was giving the forecast yesterday and mentioned Tuesdays weather and then went on to say that "that's a long way off in forecasting terms"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

No sign of a heatwave on the models, but there are indications of a possible nice day or two in the second half of next week, high teens maybe reaching low 20's if lucky. Thats at the edge of the reliable timeframe though so only a possibility still.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

No sign of a heatwave on the models, but there are indications of a possible nice day or two in the second half of next week, high teens maybe reaching low 20's if lucky. Thats at the edge of the reliable timeframe though so only a possibility still.

A day or two , ugh we pay with 6 months of stormy wet windy weather for 2 days of possible light wind maybe rain weather

It's like winter out tonight. Temps barely above single figures all day and its wet and windy all day. May has been extremely disappointing so far.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 311 ✭✭Silverbling

possibly off topic but I have about 8 loads of washing to do plus more to be added to the pile, I am literally climbing over it to wash the same load of washing for the 3rd time can anyone tell me a day that is going to be dry?

Thank you x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭highdef

possibly off topic but I have about 8 loads of washing to do plus more to be added to the pile, I am literally climbing over it to wash the same load of washing for the 3rd time can anyone tell me a day that is going to be dry?

Thank you x

I usually hang the clothes inside in the utility room. A clothes horse would have your clothes dry in a day. No point in piling up wet clothes until they smell and you have to wash them again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

roads flooded outside, what an absolute washout May so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭flutered

a wet and windy may fills the farmers barns with corn and hay

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭highdef

Gonzo wrote: »

And not a million miles from you (near Enfield), there were just 2 heavy showers today and a few light showers. The radar does shoe that you have got a lot of rain in the past few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

How about -2 at noon on May 21st? Somehow I doubt this will happen.

4pmsqEq.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Managed to miss all the big showers. *sunny south east*

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Gonzo wrote: »

Dry here in Kilkenny, May not too wet here just 29mm so far this month.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Brrr - This is what some website says:
    Ros85Gyl.jpg?3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭D.Campbell

How about -2 at noon on May 21st? Somehow I doubt this will happen.

4pmsqEq.png
    The New Zealand guy predicted this he said there would be snow for some parts of Ireland mid May hmmm hope its wrong because he predicted a bad summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

D.Campbell wrote: »
    The New Zealand guy predicted this he said there would be snow for some parts of Ireland mid May hmmm hope its wrong because he predicted a bad summer

Do some research on his forecasting methods.

Do some research on his forecasting methods.
    from what he said on the radio its the waves across the world but to be honest I don't really care if he keeps getting it right, methods or not its better than whats on the TV
    Yesterday was a fab day in Cork they said Rain hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

D.Campbell wrote: »
    from what he said on the radio its the waves across the world but to be honest I don't really care if he keeps getting it right, methods or not its better than whats on the TV
    Yesterday was a fab day in Cork they said Rain hmmmm

He rarely gets it right and his methods are pseudoscience: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Ring_%28writer%29

Ireland's weather is very difficult to forecast long range due to the changeable nature of our climate, which is why Met Eireann make mistakes.

He rarely gets it right and his methods are pseudoscience: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Ring_%28writer%29

Ireland's weather is very difficult to forecast long range due to the changeable nature of our climate, which is way Met Eireann make mistakes.
    Well I hope your right then

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Midweek onwards we'll be seeing temps reaching the high teens before a sharp dropoff for the weekend, it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Looking like the upcoming high pressure spell from midweek wont last long,Low pressure taking over later in the weekend with cooler more unsettled conditions again although of course still abit off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Billcarson wrote: »
    Looking like the upcoming high pressure spell from midweek wont last long,Low pressure taking over later in the weekend with cooler more unsettled conditions again although of course still abit off.
    Well hopefully it's beginning of a trend & high pressure keeps building as we get closer to summer,we can only hope :(

Ps: like the user name

I was in cork myself on Sunday and whilst it certainly wasn't raining to describe it as a fab day is stretching it a tad. It was sunnyish but very breezy and quite cold.

Regarding the reported change for the weekend if things don't pick up dramatically in the short term May will in my books be consigned to the another disappointment category.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/temperatures-set-to-soar-to-20-degrees-on-friday-30271744.html

Met Eireann has said Ireland "may be lucky enough" to experience a scorcher on Friday.

Temperatures are forecasted to reach the mid to high teens.

A forecaster told independent.ie: "There's a very weak front off the west coast and tomorrow that's going to push eastwards."

"It'll be a cloudy day tomorr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Hooter23

ronan45 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/temperatures-set-to-soar-to-20-degrees-on-friday-30271744.html

Met Eireann has said Ireland "may be lucky enough" to experience a scorcher on Friday.

Temperatures are forecasted to reach the mid to high teens.

A forecaster told independent.ie: "There's a very weak front off the west coast and tomorrow that's going to push eastwards."

"It'll be a cloudy day tomorr

Only in ireland would temps in the high teens be called a scorcher!:p:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

don't know how they are calling it a scorcher, temperatures will be what they should be for this time of the year in most places (15-18C), possibly a degree to 2 higher in one or 2 spots, but nothing to write home about. Back to the chilly May time air we've been used to from Sunday into next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭oak5548

temps of up to 18C!?
    I cant bloody wait. Thats fúckin roastin, I'll be getting the shorts out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Is tomorrow going to be a heatwave or is that just the uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Is tomorrow going to be a heatwave or is that just the uk?

A heatwave? 22C IS not a heatwave, it will reach 20c in ireland and 22c in england.
    Ireland will be cold again on sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Warm again on tuesday...... The weather is confusing!

Advertisement