Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPRING WEATHER 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

highdef wrote: »
    have noticed that Elmer!!! Was out in the garden this evening and one particular weed is popping up in a number of places. it pops up every year but I have no idea what it is. It has dark green leaves and is a bit shiny....whatever it is, I don't like it

a weed is only a flower in the wrong place...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭D.Campbell

I have my flower trays inside still just cant trust this weather.
    lashing here in Cork City now :cool::cool::cool: and my seedlings are looking out the window :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Quelle suprise another wet and windy weekend here in south Tipp. Its mild I guess at around 13 degrees but this morning is blowing a gale with heavy rain. We have had no settled weather at all this spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

nice squall line feature developing over Galway city this morning

2mxeqly.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Looks like drying out for midweek. Bring on the spring :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

April showers have arrived here in Ashbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Quite a nasty squall just passed through in the past half hour. Very well defined on radar. 5 degree drop in a matter of minutes.

D.Campbell wrote: »
    I have my flower trays inside still just cant trust this weather.
    lashing here in Cork City now :cool::cool::cool: and my seedlings are looking out the window :D

ran out of space and they will get too leggy... will befine with any cover to catch the frost... on the concrete against the housewall, hedged in with containers

squalls andsudden deluges here in south kerry too...spot flooding on the road to killarney yesterday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

nippy out isn't it

• Advertisement

QUOTE=philstar;89843720]nippy out isn't it[/QUOTE]

indeed it has been ...been trading at a street market and chill winds around the showers. but when the sun broke though, blissful heat.

lovely to see the old folk on low season coach tours wandering about enjoying ice cream

Yes certainly a nippy day. Seem to have missed a lot of the showers today but generally dull all day. Hopefully Easter will see some dry mild weather which has been missing this spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

nice evening, if a little chilly. There are lenticular clouds west of arklow at the moment

Graces7 wrote: »
    keep an eye on met eirreann.. i have dozens of seed trays out but can over them with old sheets if need be, maybe wait a weekor so yet to seed the grass

frost warning out for i think thursday night...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

feeling quite chilly out there now, So far this has been a dissapointingly cool spring, hoping for some warmth soon.

the mountains have been veiled all day

will veil my young plants tonight too against the frost that is forecast

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Met Eireann going for a cold and unsettled week next week leading up to Easter so no sign of any warmth any time soon:(

Gonzo wrote: »
    Met Eireann going for a cold and unsettled week next week leading up to Easter so no sign of any warmth any time soon:(

yeah i saw that. ah well, my peas and broad beans are sturdy so will be planted out soon, which will be an interesting time with one arm.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭kkontour

Looks like all the radars are down.....

303346.png
    or else its not raining anywhere in Ireland, and which seems more likely?
    :)

Perfect blue skies for the last 2 days. I'm gonna be sad to see the clouds arrive again tomorrow :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its a bit soon to be getting hopes up but I'm getting a good vibe about the general pressure situation.

Hope I've not put the mockers on it! :p

mike65 wrote: »
    Its a bit soon to be getting hopes up but I'm getting a good vibe about the general pressure situation.

Hope I've not put the mockers on it! :p

Interesting period of wet weather going to come across us from the EAST in the coming days. Seems to develop over Germany and track across Belgium, the UK and Ireland.

This is all your fault Mike!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Let the winter synoptics finally arrive!

ECM1-240.GIF

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

The last thing one wants to see in the weeks leading up to summer proper is a Greeny High getting estaiblished - if you look back at the long run of poor summer from 07-12 you will see the Greeny High was the prime culprit. We need it to %%% off till next winter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Looks like we might have a strong NINO event on the cards this summer, strongest in some years according to some. What are the repercussions for our island?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

patneve2 wrote: »
    Looks like we might have a strong NINO event on the cards this summer, strongest in some years according to some. What are the repercussions for our island?

wetter than average.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Billcarson

I never trust getting good weather at this time of yr,with the weather being good recently maybe this is our summer lol. Glorious weather in particular though yesterday and today. Went for a walk yesterday and couldnt belive it when i looked at the temp when i got home and it was only around 12/13c, felt much warmer then that out and about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Billcarson wrote: »
    I never trust getting good weather at this time of yr,with the weather being good recently maybe this is our summer lol. .

Don't laugh. We are having an explosive spring, far more massive than in previous years but not unheard of. The Cherry Blossums locally are in FULL BLOOM. That's a good two weeks early, I take that as a sign of a poor summer ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Red Nissan wrote: »
    Don't laugh. We are having an explosive spring, far more massive than in previous years but not unheard of.

You reckon? I'd rank some of the Springs from 2009-2012 much higher than the current spell, which although feels great, is nothing exceptional in many locations temperature wise. I can remember in the years I mention a very decent set of March/April spells, one March was incredible IIRC.

• Advertisement

That was the last week in march 2012. Temps were touching 20 plus degrees for a week or so. The last few days have been lovely and sunny but warm not in my opinion. Irish people love to exaggerate the weather at times hence the flip flop brigade on view since Thursday. You'd hope that the decent weather hasn't arrived 6 weeks to early although I'm inclined to just enjoy it for now and let June/July take care of itself. My prediction for the rest of the spring is for a gradual warming but general more mixed outlook with the summer being average I'm afraid.

Advertisement