Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Its Friday and I'm off early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

A big fresh scone with butter and raspberry jam on my desk :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Booking a november sun holiday.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'll be back in Ireland tomorrow for a massive cup of tea and a sleep in my own bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

When kids in fast food places take their tray to the bin.

• Advertisement

When a baby laughs with that really infectious baby laugh and you smile involuntarily. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Trivially happy that I have this thread to keep my spirits up and a smile on my face. It's a very stressful weekend (my motheeers anniversary) and need cheering up now and again.

Hope you're okay FanadMan. Chin up there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

A new furry hot water bottle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

People who have conversations with their pets as if they were a person. Not fawning over them but just chatting.

I always used to imagine my dog didn't respond purely because he thought it was beneath him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

People who have conversations with their pets as if they were a person. Not fawning over them but just chatting.

I always used to imagine my dog didn't respond purely because he thought it was beneath him.

This morning my dog told me he didn't have his breakfast and I laughed and called him a big fat liar but it turned out he wasn't lying so I gave him his breakfast and made us both toast by way of apology.

Just hearing the happiness in my brother and sister-in-laws voice, never mind knowing I'm going to be an auntie again! They've had a tough time and it's wonderful and much needed good news. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

This will sound corny, but I'm happy to be well. This time last year I was waiting on biopsy results and scared s##tless. All was clear, but I appreciate good health, it is not a given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

My bro is finally watching the films he has bought. He has so many and now it looks like he is going to start watching them. Hurrah.:)

Having signed up for the free month-long Amazon Prime trial in order to get free and fast shipping, my disappointment at not being able to view any of the Prime Movies by virtue of being outside the UK/US was quickly abated a few google searches later when I discovered the world of vpn and Hola in particular. For the first time ever I now have my own dedicated documentary channel - something UPC and Sky never offered (they always insisted upon imposing channels I'd never watch as part of their "package").

Hola + Amazon Prime + Chromecast = ad-free, waffle-free, sport-free tv heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Inhaling the smell of freshly picked mangoes and guavas wafting around my house. The place smells like a fruit plantation but I'm reminded that some fruits actually taste and smell the way they should :)

James Brown music.
    Not normally my cup of tea, but when you are in the mood for it- Boom - magic stuff.
    Get up now....get on up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

We couldnt find the bank card this morning so OH and I were looking everywhere. While I was looking I found 30 euro in a jacket that I haven't used for a few weeks.

My oh eventually found the card which I had obviously accidentally discarded in the bin. Oops.

OH was acting a bit righteous about my error so I explained that it was a good thing I'd lost the card, or else we wouldn't have found the 30 euro so we are now 30 euro up and we found the bank card which made us happy that we don't have to apply for a new one. I love spreading trivial happiness with my carelessness misplacing of money and bank cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Free small can of Orchard Thieves cider in local shop today along with a little test drink and vouchers...not my drink of choice but it's lovely..might need to pop down again for milk or something ...ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭Poochie05

3 day birthday celebrations with different sets of family and friends!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Hot showers on a cold day or after you have been to the gym.

Avocado's ......although I'd happily swop for the aforementioned guava above

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

TH my mother-in-law telling me my house is very organised and spotless. Let's hope she doesn't find the magic door where all the junk is stored behind and might fall out on top of her.

TH my housekeeping skills seem to have improved dramatically.

Happy to wake up after a good night out and no sign of a hangover. Yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Shint0 wrote: »
    TH my mother-in-law telling me my house is very organised and spotless. Let's hope she doesn't find the magic door where all the junk is stored behind and might fall out on top of her.

TH my housekeeping skills seem to have improved dramatically.
    Heh! I once put a load of unwashed plastic bowls, etc in the oven when surprise visitors called. Remembered them only when I turned on the oven and got the stink of melting plastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

My stepdad bought a simple squeaky chew toy for the dog today and it was utterly hysterical seeing her go bonkers chasing it down the hall and desperately trying to pick it up in her mouth despite the Cone of Shame. It had me in stitches. Hours of fun for just €1.50! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

The colour, fun and music of the Olympics closing ceremony is making me TH :) Especially loved the Mario bits in the Tokyo welcome!

Spent the weekend cleaning but TH I now have a clean house! Was so lovely to retire to a nice clean bed in clean PJ's last night with a glass of wine, knowing the house was spotless and all my work clothes for the week were washed and ironed and hanging up ready for action.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

When people are nice:D

Giving someone a perfect score on a survey following an online chat to resolve an issue. My OH is scored in work based on customer feedback and people can be really nasty and the pressure on staff to score highly is huge. She'll sometimes get 1 out of 10 even though she has gone out of her way to help and the person is just an ignorant sod. Happy to be able to give full marks and tick "extremely satisfied"! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My local newspaper had an article about someone in the court pages and there was a garda called Pat McGee. I know I'm a bit of a simpleton but I think that's hilarious. Best name ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement