Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    TH too when I read that this morning and I reckoned the dog must have been her husband or lover in a past life.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ThepoolEIRE88

I remember 2-3 years ago in temple bar area on st patricks's day ,
    after the parade was over, Thousands off adults were drinking cans in Temple bar

I remember 3 Guards decided they were going to put a stop to this
    and decided they were going to turn into scout leaders and take the drinks off the children hands and pour the alcohol in the bin

I remember seeing one Guard ,standing up against a wall away from the others ,he wanted no part of it ,
    he knew it was an unwinnable situation ,anyway **** it ,it's st patricks day ,let the children play

basically he decided not to make a tit of himself that day and become a sheep and take one for the team

That made me very Happy

''Other news'' sometimes the fastest sheep with the goldenest of locks tend to always demand the must respect
    but a Lion can never respect a sheep only accept

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When the easy seal ice cube bags actually do seal when I turn them upside down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,278 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Shane Ross squirming on a skewer after years of 'hurling on the ditch '

Nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Completing a bitch of a day at work and knowing that, on balance, you solved more problems than you caused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Dinner and a walk with my friend and her 2 lovely dogs - simple things:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

When my little girls gives me kisses on the cheeks without asking...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I've had a horribly long day, visiting a loved one in hospital, sitting in a hard plastic chair for two hours and then leaving with a sore upper back.
    Then I went shopping and as I was driving home, I realised I'd left a bag hanging on the trolley containing lots of clothes for said loved one in hospital.

I drove back to the shopping centre not thinking it'd still be there, so imagine my delight when I pull up to the trolley bay fifteen minutes after leaving, to find the bag swinging happily from the trolley!
    Lucky or what!

And I needed that bit of luck; people have been horrible today and I'm in pain and tired and need a hug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Up in my parents house and sitting in the sitting room watching music videos from the 70s with them. Right now Baker Street is playing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

The Skib lads from the rowing. They're absolutely adorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

maudgonner wrote: »
    The Skib lads from the rowing. They're absolutely adorable.

They are so happy :) Always seem to just be there for a bit of the auld craic :D Nice to see that they're not all "We'll kill any opponent".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

My cat Lily always wants head rubs and nose bumps in the morning. Etcetera wants belly rubs. Seeing how happy my cats are when they see I'm awake makes me happy.

TH got loads of work done yesterday and I'm almost ahead of myself when usually I am behind and flying by the seat of my pants. Feels good in a slightly weird unfamiliar way.

My cat Lily always wants head rubs and nose bumps in the morning. Etcetera wants belly rubs. Seeing how happy my cats are when they see I'm awake makes me happy.
    Oh I missed that one. Cool cat names make me TH. My cat is named based on a scene/reference from the movie Glengarry Glen Ross. Etcetera the cat. I like it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Shint0 wrote: »
    Oh I missed that one. Cool cat names make me TH. My cat is named based on a scene/reference from the movie Glengarry Glen Ross. Etcetera the cat. I like it :)

I named him Etcetera as a tribute to Yul Brynner :D I have never seen Glengarry Glen Ross. :o

Speaking of which, I am going for dinner tonight with an old friend, and a movie tomorrow. I am happy about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Love this and I love their names!

I came home from Prague today, and I was super happy to see my cats and kittens... all 8 of them! Then I realised that one of my cats had had her kittens, I can't find them yet but I'm looking forward to finding them tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The man from my internet provider came out to fix the dish, on time. Good customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tom_Barry

Im having vodkas tonight! and ordering Thai food!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

My rabbit chasing my cats and dogs. hilarious .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The things children say. My 4 year old granddaughter comes back from the Natural History Museum and commented that the animals were dead and not hungry any more. "Why not hungry" I asked. "Because Daddy said they were stuffed". We cried with laughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭daithi7

KatW4 wrote: »
    Love this and I love their names!

I came home from Prague today, and I was super happy to see my cats and kittens... all 8 of them! Then I realised that one of my cats had had her kittens, I can't find them yet but I'm looking forward to finding them tomorrow!

Arrrgh nightmare.... I'm not a cat lover at all and this would give me nightmares, think of all that cat pee, smelly, yuck!!! :))

I'd say you could nearly smell your place from the airport!! :)))

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I've had a horrible scratchy throat the last two days; I kept clearing it and clearing it but not getting that satisfying feeling that it was cleared. It felt like there was something there but I just couldn't clear it and then I'd cough and that would feel all dry and horrible.

I was still doing it today but in the last hour it seems to have subsided and I've had a few squares of chocolate and tea and it felt so soothing.
    The relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

Sitting in eye cinema in galway with my 3 beautiful little girls waiting for the secret life of pets to start...it's the little things...

Someone I don't particularly like and would be known for sneering at people is going through a difficult personal time. I could gloat about it but I actually feel sad for them genuinely. So TH about being able to rise above things and trying to be the better person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was treated to proper afternoon tea at Borris tea room, lovely China, real leaf tea, friendly service. Best of all this treat was a complete surprise, "sure you do a lot for me" Ahh!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tom_Barry

Knowing I made the right decision for myself. It's as if a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

daithi7 wrote:
    I'd say you could nearly smell your place from the airport!! ))

Yeah maybe if I left it there and didn't clean up after them...

I'm enjoying a lazy day in bed watching old children's movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Thai red curry. Cooked by a Thai chef. Served in a Thai restaurant by a waiter who seems to also be Thai.
    Bloody yummy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just thought I should let you guys know:
    After we got back from the vet, my mother wasn't satisfied with her "assessment" of our dog- the woman works out of a mobile vet van up in the airport and pretty much barely glanced at Moo- so my mother took the dog down to the vets in Lissenhall.
    Turns out that the lump WAS cancerous but fortunately, after having it removed and examined, it is the benign type that looks highly unlikely to turn into anything sinister. Still, my girl was looking sorry for her self with about 10 stitches along the side of her face and a big fat Cone of Shame around her neck. Got her home from the operation on Friday and she was listless, depressed and looked like all the joy had left her life.
    I left her in my parents' care over the weekend and today, when I got a lift home from the village by my stepdad, he drove up with the dog hanging her head out the front passenger window, tongue wagging and full of zest. When she saw me, Moo went nuts and all but leapt out of the van when I was getting in.

Now I'm home and trying not to giggle everytime I see her get her cone caught in the door frame. She looks like a walking satellite dish! She's noticably more perky, especially since she also got 3 rotten teeth removed as well so she's living a much more pain free life.
    She can be a grumpy wee cow at the best of times but I'd be utterly destroyed if anything happened to her. Thankfully, she's in great health right now. Aside from needing to get her stitches out in two weeks, she's almost back to her old self.

Obligitory dog picture

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement