Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

New stationary makes me happier than it should. A new notebook makes me downright giddy.

And free biros. Especially if they light up. I got one lately that when you hit it off a table it flashes coloured lights in a seizure inducing rave party fashion. That company now has a customer for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

maudgonner wrote: »
    And free biros. Especially if they light up. I got one lately that when you hit it off a table it flashes coloured lights in a seizure inducing rave party fashion. That company now has a customer for life.

That's one very fancy bookies you are frequenting...... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I have the day off today. Stunner of a day to be out and about! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I went in to work an hour early, 7.00 instead on 8.00. The cycle is only 6 minutes but it was lovely due to the lack of traffic, lovely weather (no jacket needed!), and the fact that I'm going home an hour early. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭GuessWhoEh

Having the house spotless at the start of the weekend, washing done, food shopping dobe and come Sunday afternoon, you've realised you can actually do absolutely sweet **** all as you've done everything the day before. No guilt. Cuppa tea, film (or TV show) munchies and literally, chill!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I still love Britany Spears.

I'm getting a new little adorable kitty cat on Wednesday, she's only 12 weeks old and the cutest little thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Cup of tea and yellow snack.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The Harry Potter pyjamas I bought for myself on Saturday :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

When spoofers on Boards get exposed and caught out trolling. You got to love some of the characters around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People doing nice things for other people.
    Today I saw two really nice acts of kindness. 1 lady got clamped and another lady offered to drive her somewhere if she needed a lift. Another was when a guy fell out of the pub onto the road. Lots of people both driving and on the street went over to help him.

I don't even like people all that much but it made me happy today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

The first few wears of a new pair of slippers before there's indentations of your feet in them. Feels like walking on squishy clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

The first few wears of a new pair of slippers before there's indentations of your feet in them. Feels like walking on squishy clouds.

Yes! Couldn't agree more - especially sheepskin slippers (Uggs).... So comfy; those first few weeks are bliss :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

Day off cos it's my birthday...three little girls running into the bedroom with pressies and chocolate....they opened the pressies and ate my chocolate and then left ...I love it lol lol...every year it's the same ..lol

My youngest dog seems to have started grabbing onto my pants leg with his teeth, lowers himself on his front paws with his bum high in the air, and tries pull me around, usually in the direction of his bed (aka his 2nd fav place in the world, a close second to his first - my bed)
    When I sit in his bed, he climbs up on me and cuddles into me.

That dog has me wrapped around his paw.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I've always known Irish singer Lisa Hannigan and wasn't really a big fan, but did like some of her stuff.

I only heard her song 'Lille' for the first time played acoustic last night on the radio.... oh holy God, it was hauntingly beautiful! I was almost drifting off to sleep when it came on.
    Hearing a song of such beauty at that moment was perfect. It was like a perfect end to another lovely day on earth

:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Although I was awoken by the little b0llix of a cat at 5 this morning, the fresh feeling I have noe after a long cycle, cold shower and a mug of coffee is making me rather happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I lost a kilo :)

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Although I was awoken by the little b0llix of a cat at 5 this morning, the fresh feeling I have noe after a long cycle, cold shower and a mug of coffee is making me rather happy.

Is this the rescue kitten? Ah. TH :)

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Is this the rescue kitten? Ah. TH :)
    Nope, the rescue kitten is arriving today. Can't wait to get her.

But the kids won't let me call her SlipKnot :(

Nope, the rescue kitten is arriving today. Can't wait to get her.

But the kids won't let me call her SlipKnot :(

Well you have to consider whether you'd be happy standing in the garden shouting SlipKnot at 2am.... I certainly failed to consider this when I got my Prince Sebastian The Second :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Walking the dog, doesn't make much difference to me but the dog loves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I lost a kilo :)

I found a kilo! Want it back?

Winterlong wrote: »
    I found a kilo! Want it back?

haha no, I have found 15 over the last few years and now desperately need to "un-find" them!

TH lunchtime and someone is bringing me a sandwich :)

bras that push your boobs so high you have a chin rest make me happy

bras that push your boobs so high you have a chin rest make me happy

they also make me happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

they also make me happy.

TH that someone was more puerile than me!

TH thinking about having the house to myself for the next couple of days. Should be an exhale animated smiley gif on Boards. I demand animated smiley gifs on Boards especially the dancing banana man doing his excited little dance and you can imagine him going 'Whey hey, time to play!'

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This made me giggle, and giggling is a distant relative of a TH, but it's still on the positive side. :)

I wonder, is it just a coincidence?? :D

New Home wrote: »
    This made me giggle, and giggling is a distant relative of a TH, but it's still on the positive side. :)

I wonder, is it just a coincidence?? :D
    Now that is funny, New Home, but no, I have no affiliations or relations with IBYW. Honest :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've just realised that it's even funnier with my 'thanks' there, too. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement