Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My local newspaper had an article about someone in the court pages and there was a garda called Pat McGee. I know I'm a bit of a simpleton but I think that's hilarious. Best name ever.
    Just behind Ulick Magee :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

There was a typo on a comment on the journal.ie. I really wanted to laugh out loud but I chuckled away at it possibly looking like a lunatic. This is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Before I left for work my toddler son was up.

He watches this cartoon called Sarah and Duck and during the theme tune they sing Sarah and Duck and then the duck quacks, so I get a kick out of walking around the house saying Sarah and Duck, and then he goes quack!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

A rasher sandwich with the rashers cooked so the rind has just gone crispy but the meat is not dry.

I'm happy right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

A really really good lentil dhal soup form the Natural Foods Bakery for lunch - super deliciousness! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Getting a pat on the back in work for being a hero.

I'm going with the kids to pick a new rescue kitty this weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

The little snuffly noises my cat makes in her sleep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I posted on the TA thread about a man who was flashing his lights at me and shaking his fist because I wouldn't break the speed limit for him. Well he ended up getting stuck behind a lorry after he got by me. He had to drive for about 20km behind this lorry driving really slowly. I felt like doing a happy dance that he got stuck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I neighbour just came to the door with a cheque for €150 for me, telling me I'd gotten 3 numbers in the parish Lotto. (He sold the ticket to me). Ta very much!

If I believed in karma, I'd say it was because I sold an Electric Picnic ticket this morning very cheaply. But I don't believe in that stuff. I won because I randomly picked 3 out of 4 numbers correctly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Watching a few episodes of Peep Show :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

kfallon wrote: »
    Watching a few episodes of Peep Show :D

You'll need another cold shower 🀑

Watching First Dates and it seems like a lovely couple are actually still together..awe

Colser wrote: »
    You'll need another cold shower 🀑

:confused: It's comedy, not a strip show :rolleyes:
    Jaysus you must have some low opinion of me :(:p

Happy that the weekend is in sight!

This morning. Gorgeous. Fresh autumnal weather on the way. Leaves will be falling shortly. Just standing outside the front door breathing it in before I walk to the car (with the little one happily waddling ahead of me dragging her mála scoile behind her on the way to crèche). It's great to be alive and healthy. These are the days. They really are.
    These are the days of the endless summer
    These are the days, the time is now
    There is no past, there's only future
    There's only here, there's only now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

When someone goes all out to try and prove you wrong by being hurtful, snide and insulting. But you know that you are right. The inevitable confirmation that were in fact right always brings elation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Found €20 in the pocked of a jacket id forgotten about while looking for something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

GBX wrote: »
    Found €20 in the pocked of a jacket id forgotten about while looking for something else.

Love when this happens!

Kit-Kats and tea.

Tea, generally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Seeing a young child holding a spoon far too big for them as they focus like a rocket scientist on eating a yoghurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Getting breakfast this morning in my local restaurant .. just barely ahead of a group of 5 people together....the types who want to savor the moments at the food counter and debate with one another about what to get.

FNB's....F N fooking B's :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Are I Mad

It's my sons 8th birthday today, and his sister offered to give him breakfast in bed this morning:D:D:D

There are road works going on on our road, it's the same men who do all the local work, as they are out in all weathers I always give a big smile and wave as I am passing. Yesterday I had the window down and as I was passing one of the men gave me a big cheer and "how're you doin". It's still making me smile today.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Went to a well know establishment in Dublin city centre last week. This place sends me monthly hardcopy events brochure. Must be a juicy client for An Post.
    So I ordered a got a pint at the bar. I didn't pay then. I sat down beside two fairly well oiled goons on the wine. One stared at me for a second in typical cranky Irish fashion. At this point I noticed that all Baristas were very busy. I wait for 5 minutes didn't touch my pint of Guinness. In all honesty Iwas going to be waiting an eternity for ordering and then getting food.
    ........crash.......one of the aforementioned goons wineglasses had fallen off the table and onto the floor in smithereens. Some bits under my table.
    ...my ticket outta this joint. Reported clusterfvck accident to staff...paid for my pint which I bolted down and left.
    I'll now treat post from this venue as junk mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    Went to a well know establishment in Dublin city centre last week. This place sends me monthly hardcopy events brochure. Must be a juicy client for An Post.
    So I ordered a got a pint at the bar. I didn't pay then. I sat down beside two fairly well oiled goons on the wine. One stared at me for a second in typical cranky Irish fashion. At this point I noticed that all Baristas were very busy. I wait for 5 minutes didn't touch my pint of Guinness. In all honesty Iwas going to be waiting an eternity for ordering and then getting food.
    ........crash.......one of the aforementioned goons wineglasses had fallen off the table and onto the floor in smithereens. Some bits under my table.
    ...my ticket outta this joint. Reported clusterfvck accident to staff...paid for my pint which I bolted down and left.
    And this made you happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,278 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Hmmm only interesting if:

One of the "goons" followed the wine glass to the deck.

You swallowed the pint rapido

Left the gaff without paying

Fingered one of the baristas whilst complaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

getting a new desk to write/type from, and a wireless keyboard :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Most thanked post today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Why did you need an excuse to leave?! Why bolt down your pint?! Why did any of this make you happy?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Why did you need an excuse to leave?! Why bolt down your pint?! Why did any of this make you happy?!

All of this and more will be answered in season 2. Tune in on September 31st, exclusively on HBO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

New stationary makes me happier than it should. A new notebook makes me downright giddy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The Celebrity Carpool clip with Britney Spears. I felt so sorry for her when she was having her breakdown a few years ago...but she seems to be in great form these days.
    Anita Dick!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement