Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Listening to a CD that I haven't listened to in ages, and being reminded just how brilliant it is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I'm off tomorrow. ...my first Saturday off since beginning of June and only second this year

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Taking an hour out on Saturday morning to bring my little one to the petshop. We might only buy a packet of treats or a ball or something small but she loves the experience of going in the car, getting buckled in and cruising along with her head out the window, barking at all the "poor" dogs walking while she travels in style. She knows it's her special shop where she is allowed in. She'll sit up in the passenger seat on the way home munching her treats. It's such a small thing but I love having that time just me and her once a week because the rest of the time when I work she is with "granny". Love that girl :)

I thought you where talking about a child! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Shannon757 wrote: »
    I thought you where talking about a child! :o

Ha! Me too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

TH reading Leonard Cohen's letter to his dying former/forever love because it's always better to have loved.

• Advertisement

Th to be reminded of Leonard Cohen and all my days and years listening to him. 82 years of age and still the greatest poet-songwriter-singer of all time. (Dylan can't sing, as anybody who has seen him live in the past 15 years will surely agree!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Having a cup of tea with me ma.

Although really that's far from trivial, but sometimes it takes years to realise that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Great drying out and nearly being at the end of my washing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The smell of your skin when getting a sun tan. Smell of summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Spending a lazy Sunday making playlists on Spotify and feeling like a DJ for a bit!
    Also, got a free toaster off my aunt so now I no longer have to risk burning the house down making toast under the grill!

• Advertisement

My wife just read this out to me from today's Irish Times while I was driving. How can Leonard Cohen not make the whole world that little bit happier?

So long, Marianne: Leonard Cohen writes to muse just before her death

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Went through my clothes and have a black plastic bag of stuff to get rid of. Some stuff I've never worn and some I hadn't worn in ages. Felt good getting rid of them.

My wife just read this out to me from today's Irish Times while I was driving. How can Leonard Cohen not make the whole world that little bit happier?

So long, Marianne: Leonard Cohen writes to muse just before her death

That really did make me TH and put me in a good mood for the day when I read it this morning. It reminded me of Raymond Carver's poem Late Fragment-

And did you get what
    you wanted from this life, even so?
    I did.
    And what did you want?
    To call myself beloved, to feel myself
    beloved on the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tom_Barry

Realising that I've an amazing group of friends that I wouldnt change for the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

watching beach volleyball (the ladies that is)

When you take off your shirt before bed and it smells of when your 20-month-old daughter climbed up on you earlier, cuddled into you like a koala bear on a tree and fell asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

2 glasses of prosecco - 1 glass too many but ohhh sooo deliciously nice. My first prosecco in over 10 months :-) *silly grin*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When I feel like I'm full of devilment. Love these moods because I am liable for anything and it's always much more fun

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

My Husband. He is always there for me. No unexpected outburst, no drama. Learning to cut out the crazy and stick with the stable people in life. Feeling more lucky than happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When someone sends you a link to a silly romantic song :)

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    When someone sends you a link to a silly romantic song :)
    TH ONW has now come over to the other side, from the TA thread I mean.

The little things in life :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Shint0 wrote: »
    TH ONW has now come over to the other side, from the TA thread I mean.

I'll be back over there when it all goes belly up :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Beach Volley ball. Tis a great sport all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Was in a neighbours about an hour ago. Great house for animals. 3 adult dogs-( 2 terriers and a collie cross) and a terrier pup and 2 kittens. They all get on great. Spotted this in the utility room. Pup with the 2 kittens.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Books, books and more books! Chapters makes me really happy!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

Watching a really good movie with a really good looking man (me husband) drinking tea. Can life get any better?

Was watching the wolf of Wall Street last night (I love that movie so much) and it got to the part where him and donnie are popping loods and then get the flight. Their attitude to drugs throughout the entire movie is grim but funny as hell. Anyway, your man blacks out on the plane and he wakes up tied to the seat, and donnie is telling him all he's done, he's sitting there horrified and then donnie says so seriously "honestly I think you have a f ucking drug problem".

I have no idea why, but that line is cracking me up. All last night and this morning. Big smiley head on me every time I think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

I got the Alice in Wonderland Urban Decay eyeshadow palette as a late birthday present. It's absolutely divine. I keep looking at all the pretty colours.

Now I just need to figure out what the hell I'm meant to do with it >.>

• Advertisement

Story Bud? wrote: »
    I got the Alice in Wonderland Urban Decay eyeshadow palette as a late birthday present. It's absolutely divine. I keep looking at all the pretty colours.

Now I just need to figure out what the hell I'm meant to do with it >.>

^^^^
    Just ask the resident expert directly above you.

TH in a good mood despite a potential headache.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement