Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

Getting home one ball up.

Erm, let me explain!

We have three little dogs who love to chase the ball. We lose a lot of tennis balls in hedges and long grass, often returning home minus a ball - something similar happened to a mate of mine but that's another story.

Anyway just occasionally, this evening was one of those magical evenings when not only did we return home with the tennis ball we'd left with, but we FOUND another on the walk. Always makes me really happy for some reason! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Coke Zero's new "improved" flavour. I preferred Coke Zero of all Coke options anyway and thought it was fine, but it definitely does taste better.

Also our rescue dog that we 've had for 5 weeks and left alone for 3 and a half hours today didn't have any accidents!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Finish football and within 5 minutes the heavens open, sitting on my couch all smug now as it pisses down outside :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I ate my lunch with chopsticks while the two Asian girls at the other table used forks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Retail therapy with a good friend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Bringing my kid to see the new Ghostbusters film in the cinema, and finding out that it's actually quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,140 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Esel wrote: »
    You performed topiary on your box? Pics or... :D

Thinking of 'growing' a pair of these....

Solar Topiary Balls from Aldi:

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/hurry-while-stocks-last/hurry-while-stocks-last/ps/p/solar-topiary-ball/

https://www.aldi.ie/typo3temp/pics/W25_PD_Sunday_New_UK9_49c42103df.jpg

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Just got aftershave that accidentally smells like memories of my grandad.

... eyesight seems to have gone slightly blurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Esel wrote: »
    You might need one of these to grow your fake plastic trees

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/hurry-while-stocks-last/hurry-while-stocks-last/ps/p/9-litre-watering-can-2/

TH mine are real from the ever so posh Orchard. Cheap at more than thrice the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

A postcard from my crush arriving after he returns home from holidays :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

When you click a link someone has posted and it doesn't scale to a massive mobile-oriented site with huge buttons and wasted space everywhere (an experience also known as the new "Responsive site")

Some of us are still using real screens/monitors and keyboards :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just booked flights for a weekend away in November woohhooo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭storker

Sleeping on a train (in a bunk/couchette) or on a ship...the nearer the engine room, the better.

The sound of a hoover or hairdryer when I'm in bed.

Being warm and dry indoors when it's pissing rain outside - and I won't have to go out in it.

Most recently...smiles from the opposite sex. A couple of weeks ago the girl on the train with the buffet trolley smiled at me as she passed. Naturally I smiled back...and she smiled again. Nice...especially within a week of a milestone birthday, and I don't mean 21. It gave me a bit of a morale boost so when a lady waiting at a food stall in the park today looked in my direction I smiled at her briefly...and got a nice smile back. It really does brighten up the day...and before anyone says "dirty old man"...that's not what it's about.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Are I Mad

You've made me smile now storker, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭storker

Are I Mad wrote: »
    You've made me smile now storker, thanks

A brighter day for both of us, then. ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 43 IvanRakitic

the moment you become debt free, even if only for a short while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Junk food tastes so nice when you have not had any for weeks. Yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Dog got the all clear from the vet! The lump turned out to just be a bit of fatty tissue, though if it gets any bigger, a biopsy might be needed. Still, my girl got a clean bill of health! Delighted! :D
    I'm also drinking a bottle of Asahi and listening to an epic 90s RnB playlist so I'm relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭yellowcandle

Sunny weekend mornings with coffee, a good book + someone interesting on the radio

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Got a great deal on my e fibre from a very cheerful lovely guy this morning. Made my day :)

• Advertisement

In the past five minutes my neighbour rang me up and asked me to open the door (she didn't want to ring the bell and wake people up) and there she was with a quiche in her hands which she had baked for us for lunch (the person who does the cooking here has just returned from hospital).

For a city in 2016, Dublin consistently impresses me with the very best community values of smaller rural communities. Long may it continue.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    A postcard from my crush arriving after he returns home from holidays :)

If it's from Roma, I'd check that stamp! :D

My tt: when you drive all down the M50 and then have to turn off just before the toll.

When a threatening hangover blows over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

For the 1st time in as long as I can remember, I have no work emails to deal with. NONE! It has to be at least a year since that has happened. :D

Now I still have letters and other bits to deal with, but it is quite a nice feeling.

Oh, and whoever emails me next is gonna get both barrells for ruining my lovely clean inbox (snigger :pac: )

McChubbin wrote: »
    Dog got the all clear from the vet! The lump turned out to just be a bit of fatty tissue, though if it gets any bigger, a biopsy might be needed. Still, my girl got a clean bill of health! Delighted! :D
    I'm also drinking a bottle of Asahi and listening to an epic 90s RnB playlist so I'm relaxing.

This post makes me happy :)

Someone saying, "I love you" - even if they are drunk :P

everlast75 wrote: »
    For the 1st time in as long as I can remember, I have no work emails to deal with. NONE! It has to be at least a year since that has happened. :D

Now I still have letters and other bits to deal with, but it is quite a nice feeling.

Oh, and whoever emails me next is gonna get both barrells for ruining my lovely clean inbox (snigger :pac: )

So tempted to PM you - does that count as an email? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Someone saying, "I love you" - even if they are drunk :P

If this was the crush then I am TH too!

Winterlong wrote: »
    If this was the crush then I am TH too!

It was! :D TH a cup of coffee with some sneaky Milka to get over the afternoon hump. :P

• Advertisement

Taking an hour out on Saturday morning to bring my little one to the petshop. We might only buy a packet of treats or a ball or something small but she loves the experience of going in the car, getting buckled in and cruising along with her head out the window, barking at all the "poor" dogs walking while she travels in style. She knows it's her special shop where she is allowed in. She'll sit up in the passenger seat on the way home munching her treats. It's such a small thing but I love having that time just me and her once a week because the rest of the time when I work she is with "granny". Love that girl :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement