Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40" Samsung Smart LED TV w/wifi €365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭banaco73

Went back a few steps and put in no network all seems good now

Will go back at a later time to set up the service provider At a later date

Would be good to know why it hangs

I am using sky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

banaco73 wrote: »
    Went back a few steps and put in no network all seems good now

Will go back at a later time to set up the service provider At a later date

Would be good to know why it hangs

I am using sky

I'd kind of assumed it was a UPC problem, so good to know! :-D

Yeah, I'm going to have a mess around with it tonight when I get home from work, if I manage to figure it out I'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

This is a seriously good tv :D

Should have bought one years ago, watching Vikings from a USB key now and it is glorious. RTE Player works but its not great, like watching 360p Youtube, I never use it anyway, the screen is absolute class and thats all I care about.

Thargor wrote: »
    This is a seriously good tv :D

Should have bought one years ago, watching Vikings from a USB key now and it is glorious. RTE Player works but its not great, like watching 360p Youtube, I never use it anyway, the screen is absolute class and thats all I care about.
    Haven't tried Rte or YouTube yet but had it streaming flawlessly from the media server and the phone earlier. And as you say, the screen is excellent.

Did you bother changing the region code to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,150 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Just opened up mine right now. What a beaut! Tested it out with some Netflix which looked great and some You Tube.

Very happy! Changed my region to Ireland but i'm not 100% sure why because everything seemed to be on there already (It also gave me the option to choose my area of Ireland before i'd done it, having picked "others" as a default)

• Advertisement

Haven't tried Rte or YouTube yet but had it streaming flawlessly from the media server and the phone earlier. And as you say, the screen is excellent.

Did you bother changing the region code to Ireland?
    Nope, selected Other Region and it was all good so I dont care, maybe later if something comes up but doubt Ill bother now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Just opened up mine right now. What a beaut! Tested it out with some Netflix which looked great and some You Tube.

Very happy! Changed my region to Ireland but i'm not 100% sure why because everything seemed to be on there already (It also gave me the option to choose my area of Ireland before i'd done it, having picked "others" as a default)

It picks up your location automatically from your IP address when you connect it to the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Was having no success with wireless, but everything fine when hard wired to router in another room.Brought it back to original room and it can detect network and gain access to network but not to internet. Copied Ip settings from router and installed manually- no joy. Set up phone hotspot but wouldn't connect to that either, yet i could operate nowtv from same hotspot.typical wifi speed (efibre) 40 Mbps. Suggestions gratefully received !

Unplug tv for a minute, reset the router, turn on tv and try again.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

UUUUGGGGHHHHHH! So I heard back from iBood and they said mine has got 'lost in the post'. How do you lose a 40" tv?? It can take up to 4 weeks and I may just be given a refund. Not happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

Ah that suck mega balls Zascar, I hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Absolutely super TV. Great picture quality, class interface and menus and very handy for pairing with your phone/laptop. I paired it with my phone for youtube, played a video on my phone and streamed it on the TV. My internet connection is quite poor where I live and when I stream videos on my phone it tends to buffer quite a bit but it didn't buffer once on the TV. Strange but not complaining!

Also, if you search Samsung Smart remote on the Android Market (not sure about apple store) you can download a handy unofficial app to control everything on the TV.

All in all, very very impressed with the TV, especially at that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Anyone note the lack of Mheg 5 for text.
    Might go down as an impulse buy. I ordered to replace an old 40" LCD. It still looks tiny even though they are both 40. LCD surround was much larger . Might consider letting this go . Pm me if you are interested. I am still undecided so please bear with me if I don't reply.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Phew, it just arrived. There was no label on it but thankfully they worked it out. Relieved. Can't wait to set it up!

Zascar wrote: »
    Phew, it just arrived. There was no label on it but thankfully they worked it out. Relieved. Can't wait to set it up!

Glad you got sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

TV is pretty cool. Connected to my WiFi straight away. Use skifta to broadcast through my XBOne but the tv pics up skifta now and can browse all the videos on my tablet via skifta on the tv. Can't wait to get gaming on this and see how the graphics look :)

Set it up quickly last night, very impressed with the Smart stuff and apps etc. I was expecting them to be a bit crappy and slow etc but they work really well! I only used youtube and RTE player. Can you get Channel 4 OD or BBC iPlayer does anyone know? Or what other apps are worth getting? Will need to properly play with it tonight and see what else it can do. Anyone else got any tips?

Zascar wrote: »
    Set it up quickly last night, very impressed with the Smart stuff and apps etc. I was expecting them to be a bit crappy and slow etc but they work really well! I only used youtube and RTE player. Can you get Channel 4 OD or BBC iPlayer does anyone know? Or what other apps are worth getting? Will need to properly play with it tonight and see what else it can do. Anyone else got any tips?

Haven't tried this but I was of the assumption that if you set your region to United Kingdom on setup, you'll get BBC iPlayer and so on. Not of any use to us at home as the TV was for my parents and they only watch RTE and TV3 so the RTEplayer and 3player will be very useful for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭teecee74

I got mine setup - really happy with it and would never have seen the deal without the OP so thanks. Anyone know why there's no proper OFF button? According to the manual it's left in standby unless it's plugged out.

Yes big thanks to OP!

• Advertisement

teecee74 wrote: »
    I got mine setup - really happy with it and would never have seen the deal without the OP so thanks. Anyone know why there's no proper OFF button? According to the manual it's left in standby unless it's plugged out.
    Thats the way most tvs are these days unfotunately, keep an eye on Lidl/Aldi for remote control plug sockets.

teecee74 wrote: »

I don't think it wastes much electricity anyway. Its A energy rated. The 32 inch TV we have at home and a crappy 26 inch TV that my brother has which were bought about 4 or 5 years ago are showing up as 120 Watts or so, while being used, on the energy monitor we have and this TV is only 40 Watts while being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Plex is super, what else can it do, I like allshare from my samsung phone, but havent been able to figure out how to do this from my samsung laptop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

A mate bought one of these on my recommendation so I can't play with the menu myself. Is it easy to change the region to UK to use NowTv?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Do these ever come back up on iBood at a later stage. Raging I missed out

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mjmc4004

Wondering if any knows how to pair a HTC one or the onex with this TV .... and thanks OP savage TV

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Or My Samsung 9 series Laptop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭pat1981

Hi, is it possible to pair my blue tooth headphone with this tv.

I inserted a usb blue tooth adapter to back of telly but cant seem to find an option to connect both,

Any suggestions would be great thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement