Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40" Samsung Smart LED TV w/wifi €365

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Shred wrote: »

Does this reset everything like apps? Do I need to change it to Ireland, or do you guys change to Uk to get the uk apps like C4OD etc?

I'm giving plex a go now but no idea how it works

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Zascar wrote: »
    Does this reset everything like apps? Do I need to change it to Ireland, or do you guys change to Uk to get the uk apps like C4OD etc?

Plex is great, give me a shout if you have any questions

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks I definitely will. Looks ok so far but really I'm not bothered about movie covers and library's netflix style, i just want lists of the files I've downloaded and in the folders i put them in. I actually have a WDTV and this does it very well. Can Plex do this also?

So what other apps are any good? I like the Screen Dreams on - turn your tv into a fish tank, fire place or art gallery!

Cintetrailer looks good, nice way to watch all the upcoming movie trailers

Thanks I definitely will. Looks ok so far but really I'm not bothered about movie covers and library's netflix style, i just want lists of the files I've downloaded and in the folders i put them in. I actually have a WDTV and this does it very well. Can Plex do this also?

So what other apps are any good? I like the Screen Dreams on - turn your tv into a fish tank, fire place or art gallery!

Cintetrailer looks good, nice way to watch all the upcoming movie trailers

OOh cool, I will give cinetrailer a look.

I see your point, it doesn't add much more functionality then just hooking your hardrive up now,
    Where it comes into its own is how it hooks up to any cloud storage account you may have and u can simply synch a file to the cloud through it and therefore watch it from any where that has plex, other smart tv, any phone/laptop etc.

It is also useful for me as my two housemates have synched their movie folders with my accounts so we can watch all our stuff once our laptops are on.

Note the cloud synch feature requires a subscription, entirely unfunctional but pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

Yes it does reset apps but I've just left mine set to UK, I'd use 4OD far more than the RTE player.

• Advertisement

Ok so I changed to UK and I can get C4OD but ITV and BBC do not work, I guess cause of region IP. Any way around this? I wish you could get them all with RTE and TV3 player as well.

Has anyone got the moves to work on the menu to the right of the apps? They have some very good new movies there, but when I click in I just get a message saying "Server Params Error"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Small favour if anyone has the time. I assume these can do photos? If so and you are into photography, can it display a .CR2 raw format picture?

Small favour if anyone has the time. I assume these can do photos? If so and you are into photography, can it display a .CR2 raw format picture?

send me one and I'll see, or send me a link to one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

send me one and I'll see, or send me a link to one

You're a star!

If you scroll down to the "Sample RAW Images" on the following site there are a few you can use. Many thanks.

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/canon_eos_7d_review/sample_images/

You're a star!

If you scroll down to the "Sample RAW Images" on the following site there are a few you can use. Many thanks.

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/canon_eos_7d_review/sample_images/

Yup that works fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

Ok so I changed to UK and I can get C4OD but ITV and BBC do not work, I guess cause of region IP. Any way around this? I wish you could get them all with RTE and TV3 player as well.

Yeah they're geo-locked and you'll need to use a proxy to get around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

how did you change to uk, to get 4od app?

i dont have an aerial, not worked that bit out yet, as aerial goes into upc box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Has anyone got the moves to work on the menu to the right of the apps? They have some very good new movies there, but when I click in I just get a message saying "Server Params Error"

I use overplay to get nowtv,bbc,five, netflix US on my LG smart TV. I asked Overplay and they have assured me using their service is 100% legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Anyone know if it's possible to mirror the laptop screen onto the tv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

via HDMI, yes.

Wirelessly - I do not know

Sam Mac wrote: »
    via HDMI, yes.

Wirelessly - I do not know
    Did a bit of Googling and doesn't look like it. I had presumed this is what the Chromecast did also but it only mirrors your browser rather than screen

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭varuka

If your laptop and tv has WIDI then you can mirror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

WIDI is?:confused:

Any compatible video/hdmi cable will mirror a laptop to the tv

• Advertisement

Any compatible video/hdmi cable will mirror a laptop to the tv
    Ah yeah but we've been able to do that since CRT's. Wireless mirroring would be far handier.

Ah right ok. Yeah I agree there should be an easier way to doing it in this day and age

After reading up on WiDi it looks like it's starting to get rolled out more on the newer tv's and processors so should hopefully be standard soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭varuka

Gosub wrote: »
    WIDI is?:confused:

Intel WiDi technology is wireless software which mirrors your Intel WIDI enabled pc/ laptop screen to any WIDI enabled device.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Decided not to sell mine as the price was too good to let go.

Found one issue. I am having trouble when the hdmi from my raspberry pi is plugged in. I loose or have very poor digital signal on the analog/digital dtt aerial input. I'm not sure why as the pi seems to work with CEC which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Ah yeah but we've been able to do that since CRT's. Wireless mirroring would be far handier.

What exactly is it you want to mirror?

Etnies wrote: »
    What exactly is it you want to mirror?
    I'd like to be able to wirelessly stream my laptop to play avi files etc. without having to plug in the avi or usb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

"Play to" app ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

I'd like to be able to wirelessly stream my laptop to play avi files etc. without having to plug in the avi or usb

Plex app can do that.. It uses your laptop as a media server, you really don't need to mirror

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement