Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40" Samsung Smart LED TV w/wifi €365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I really want to find one of these for my dad,
    has anyone seen it for sale online or similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

Keep an eye on iBood, there's regular TV deals on there, albeit different models to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Sorry for reviving an old thread but after getting fault with tv. Won't turn on and only has flashing red light on sensor. From looking online I think it could be a capacitor but not sure. Has anybody else run in to a similar problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Sorry for reviving an old thread but after getting fault with tv. Won't turn on and only has flashing red light on sensor. From looking online I think it could be a capacitor but not sure. Has anybody else run in to a similar problem

Yes happened to me after a coupla months. Called them and they literally picked up the next day and 2 days later returned it fixed. No issues since.

Yes happened to me after a coupla months. Called them and they literally picked up the next day and 2 days later returned it fixed. No issues since.

mine is out of warranty so would it still be eligible. and was it samsung support you rang?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

mine is out of warranty so would it still be eligible. and was it samsung support you rang?

Ideally, it's the retailer you should contact & let them organise a return if necessary.

Many sellers will typically attempt to deflect customers toward the manufacturer with talk of warranty - it's important to remember any warranty is merely an additional bonus offered by the manufacturer. It does not negate or supersede your Statutory rights, which typically afford you far greater scope to seek remedy for any problems encountered (long after the warranty expires too).

The Sale of Goods Act 1980 is the legislation under which you should seek redress. Though the Act specifies Repair, Replacement or Refund, it's up to the retailer to decide on which method is most appropriate.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Ideally, it's the retailer you should contact & let them organise a return if necessary.

Many sellers will typically attempt to deflect customers toward the manufacturer with talk of warranty - it's important to remember any warranty is merely an additional bonus offered by the manufacturer. It does not negate or supersede your Statutory rights, which typically afford you far greater scope to seek remedy for any problems encountered (long after the warranty expires too).

The Sale of Goods Act 1980 is the legislation under which you should seek redress. Though the Act specifies Repair, Replacement or Refund, it's up to the retailer to decide on which method is most appropriate.

I have somebody with experience repairing TVs looking at it at the moment. If they can't do anything I will contact iBood and see what they will do. ************ in dublin do repairs for Samsung and can collect and return for €15 and have a no fix no repair policy so I might try them.

Update on problem:
    Panel in TV is gone, will be expensive to repair. Contacted iBood who have said that repair procedure could take up to 6 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Update on problem:
    Panel in TV is gone, will be expensive to repair. Contacted iBood who have said that repair procedure could take up to 6 weeks

Have you not just rang samsung directly? Have a sony tv i had a problem with, rang sony and had it picked up next day and back in a week

Have you not just rang samsung directly? Have a sony tv i had a problem with, rang sony and had it picked up next day and back in a week

Yeah I think I'm going to have to try that as no way should it take up to 6 weeks to repair a TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Yeah I think I'm going to have to try that as no way should it take up to 6 weeks to repair a TV
    Should be way faster. Think its the same repair crowd do all the warranty work here anyway as the repair guy had a samsung in his van too when he collected mine

Update on problem:

When did you purchase the TV?

Your statutory rights afford you considerable protection, as I detailed above.

Assuming the TV was purchased a relatively short time ago (that can be a matter of years btw) & hasn't been treated carelessly, there is absolutely no need for you to be forking out for repairs or waiting for a period of up to 6 weeks to have it returned in good working order. We're kinda veering into the realms of Consumer Issues here, so perhaps that forum is the more suitable place to seek advice on how to proceed with this.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    When did you purchase the TV?

Your statutory rights afford you considerable protection, as I detailed above.

Assuming the TV was purchased a relatively short time ago (that can be a matter of years btw) & hasn't been treated carelessly, there is absolutely no need for you to be forking out for repairs or waiting for a period of up to 6 weeks to have it returned in good working order. We're veering into the realms of Consumer Issues here, so perhaps that forum is the place you should seek advice on how to proceed with this.

Bought the TV February last year, the TV has a 2 year warranty. This is what they said in email : "A repair procedure can take up to 6 weeks after receiving the product. We are not able to influence this process but we do try to urge the other party to send out the repaired product as soon as possible." I'm going to contact Samsung and see if there is anything they can do as from what I have read in similar threads in relation to repairs and iBood they have very bad customer service.

The exact same fault has happened on mine :( Did you ever get this sorted? I've just e-mailed Samsung a few minutes ago.

Shred wrote:
    The exact same fault has happened on mine Did you ever get this sorted? I've just e-mailed Samsung a few minutes ago.

Sent it off to ce repair yesterday. Went nearly three weeks with no reply from ibood after filling up service request form and when they did get back to me they said to contact Samsung which I had already done and got no reply from them for another week after that . Had to ring them to get it sorted. Their email response time is atrocious if you want anything sorted just ring them up.

Cheers, I'll be calling Samsung if I don't hear from them by the afternoon.

Shred wrote:
    Cheers, I'll be calling Samsung if I don't hear from them by the afternoon.

It's ibood that you call. Samsung are very fast in responding to messages. If the TV was bought over a year ago all Samsung will say is that its out of warranty as the two year warranty is with ibood not Samsung. You are better off filling up service request form on iBood but if you get no email after a day or two ring ibood as they take ages to respond to emails at times. They will probably say to contact Samsung which is pointless as they can't do anything if it was bought over a year ago

Ok, I've just filled out a service request on iBood also and will follow up with them.

Ibood are a joke. I logged a service request on July 3rd, no repsonse. I emailed them on the 6th, no response. Office hours are 9-5 only. I called them on the 8th and spoke with someone who said they would arrange a courier return. I got an email on the 9th with the return details and arranged a pickup for the 10th. UPS confirmed the set was delivered on the morning of July 15th while I was on holidays. I called Ibood on the 24th and was told they received the set to their repair centre on something like the 21st and reminded me it would be 6 upto weeks for the repair to be completed and they would advise me if there was any status change. Nothing since and the service request status is still set to 'new'. I'll be following up again tomorrow ffs.

I can't see myself buying off them again after this tbh.

Shred wrote:
    Ibood are a joke. I logged a service request on July 3rd, no repsonse. I emailed them on the 6th, no response. Office hours are 9-5 only. I called them on the 8th and spoke with someone who said they would arrange a courier return. I got an email with the return details and arranged a pickup for the 10th. UPS confirmed the set was delivered on the morning of July 15th while I was on holidays. I called Ibood on the 24th and was told they received the set to their repair centre on something like the 21st and reminded me it would be 6 upto weeks for the repair to be completed and they would advise me if there was any status change. Nothing since and the service request status is still set to 'new'. I'll be following up again tomorrow ffs.

Shred wrote:
    I can't see myself buying off them again after this tbh.

Exact same thing had happened to me. I sent mine away via ups on July 1 and have heard nothing at all. Sent an email last week and today and no reply at all. Their customer service is a joke and the only way to get a response from them is to ring them

• Advertisement

Exact same thing had happened to me. I sent mine away via ups on July 1 and have heard nothing at all. Sent an email last week and today and no reply at all. Their customer service is a joke and the only way to get a response from them is to ring them

Yep and then you ring and they're all "what are you ringing for, we'll contact you" as if they're super efficient.

I think you've been remarkably patient tbh, though I don't think you've done yourself any favours in the way you've handled the return.

Yamanoto wrote:
    I think you've been remarkably patient tbh, though I don't think you've done yourself any favours in the way you've handled the return.

Yeah I know, I should have just rang them last week instead of email as they don't seem to reply to emails at all. One thing is for sure though, I will never be buying from them again.

Rang them this morning. Told me they couldn't answer immediately and will contact via email. Finally got back to me and said that I sent the TV without any reference meaning that it was not registered at all. They have registered the Tv and they will be working on it soon. Surely a delivery via ups that they organised would have some form of reference to the client attached to it.

FFS:rolleyes: I forgot to ring them today, feckin work getting in the way.

I just called them and once again the usual crap of "it's 6 weeks for a repair" before I even said anything. I told them as far as I'm concerned they received the set on July 14th and it doesn't matter to me that it had to be moved internally to a repair centre (which took 9 fúcking days). Despite all of this they still can't provide me with any update at all.

So considering they count the 6 weeks as beginning on July 23rd, it's most likely going to be the first week of September before it's even shipped back to me. I will most definitely not be buying from them again.

I finally got my TV back today, over 8 weeks since UPS picked it up...but just short of 6 weeks (this Thursday) by iBood's reckoning :rolleyes:

Still haven't got mine back

FFS that's terrible, I was literally going to sit down and write them a long mail tonight before following up with a call tomorrow. It arrived at 6.30 this evening.

• Advertisement

Going to have to get someone to ring them tomorrow as the last I heard from them was three weeks ago

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement