Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40" Samsung Smart LED TV w/wifi €365

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ahh ffs mine has not moved! Still in sorting process. Wtf???

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

just opened the box,all looks good and an uk/irish adapter included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Mine just arrived too, away to open it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,919 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

mine arrived too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

mine arrived too :D

Was it via your normal postie or who? Did they call you before delivering??
    I'm at work and nobody home to accept it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,919 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Paddy_man wrote: »
    It was through normal post , I had to sign for it and they didn't ring before hand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭6541

TV arrived and it was the normal Postman.

Hmm anyone else seem to be stuck on "select a service provider" in the initial setup? Can't seem to get past it whatsoever.

Edit - Turned it off, unplugged everything and then managed to get past the set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Paddy_man wrote: »

Same position here. Hoping they call so i can dash home but im fearing they wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,150 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

For anyone who has had theirs delivered, does the tracking now say "Deivered: Dublin Parcel Centre, Ballymount Rd, Dublin 12"? I'm nit sure if it's been delivered to my house or to a parcel centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Delivered, the post man had a load of them in the van.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭6541

Okay reports people ? How smart, are we happy !

MrStuffins wrote: »
    For anyone who has had theirs delivered, does the tracking now say "Deivered: Dublin Parcel Centre, Ballymount Rd, Dublin 12"? I'm nit sure if it's been delivered to my house or to a parcel centre.

Scrap that. Mine is in the house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I'm in work, won't get to power it up until tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Mines delivered also although it's to my parents house where I won't be for 2 weeks! Would have had it delivered to me if I knew it'd be shipped early. God dam them being too efficient for a change!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Arrived.

Going through the setup right now.

Eastern European version - elected "Other" as my location and currently auto tuning (a slow process, which after 40% has picked up 2 "Data/Other" and no TV / Radio.

Will keep ye posted on progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

blobbie wrote: »
    Arrived.

Going through the setup right now.

Eastern European version - elected "Other" as my location and currently auto tuning (a slow process, which after 40% has picked up 2 "Data/Other" and no TV / Radio.

Will keep ye posted on progress.
    Set it to Ireland with this:

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?modelname=UN55F8000AF&idx=428339&modelcode=UN55F8000AFXZA&

Thargor wrote: »
    Just out of interest, what are the advantages to changing it to Ireland? Rte player etc, were already downloaded when I went into apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

Mine just arrived at my sister's house (in D7 for anyone who's wondering).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Just out of interest, what are the advantages to changing it to Ireland? Rte player etc, were already downloaded when I went into apps.
    I dont know then, I assumed it would have to be Ireland to get those, havent opened mine yet but the flatmate texted to say its at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Thargor wrote: »

Ta for that. Will have a look later.

the "other" setting still allows RTE player to be picked up - must use IP address.

Just ready in time for Cheltenham

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

Mine also arrived via. An Post. Set it up and was able to pick up all the Saorview channels.

Mine also arrived via. An Post. Set it up and was able to pick up all the Saorview channels.

Straight out of the box? With no aerial like?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Straight out of the box? With no aerial like?

No, with an aerial.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

No, with an aerial.

i bought saorview aerial for 3 euro in dealz and works perfect.its an indoor one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

When you get to 'select service provider' it won't move.

Well confused. I select Dublin and UPC and it just doesn't do anything.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

Any ideas?

Had the same thing happen, I turned the TV off & on again & all sorted.

Anyone know what the "Common Interface" is and do I need it?

Any ideas?
    I was stuck here for about half an hour. Ended up turning it off, unplugged the hdmi's and Etherley then turned it back on. Had to cancel it looking for a network and it jumped onto step 10 or whatever it was. I'm going to go back at some point and try and set up the service provider thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭banaco73

I was stuck here for about half an hour. Ended up turning it off, unplugged the hdmi's and Etherley then turned it back on. Had to cancel it looking for a network and it jumped onto step 10 or whatever it was. I'm going to go back at some point and try and set up the service provider thing though.

Mine has also arrived setup went really well until step 6 select a service provider stuck here not sure what to do any help would be great:confused::confused:

• Advertisement

banaco73 wrote: »
    Mine has also arrived setup went really well until step 6 select a service provider stuck here not sure what to do any help would be great:confused::confused:

Switch the TV to standby, take the plug out the wall and wait for the Red led at the bottom right to go off.

Take out the ethernet cable from the back (or turn off your router if you set up wireless, if you've got Horizon turn that off at the back maybe?)

Plug the TV back in and turn it on.

It should jump straight to step 6, then jump to a network connection test thing, just cancel this and it should then jump straight to step 10 and say set up complete.

Put it back on standby and connect the ethernet cable again (or turn the router/horizon box back on) and you should be done.

This is how I got past step 6 this morning anyway, if anyone knows why it hangs there let us know!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement