Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40" Samsung Smart LED TV w/wifi €365

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

Yeah, stay on them. Fingers crossed you get it back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

sister rang them today. They can't seem to find the TV at all. When I last emailed them, they said the TV had been sent with no reference but surely the UPS code would be linked to my account. They are supposed to email back by end of week but this is beyond a joke now as they have had the TV for over 2 months. At least one thing has been learnt, stay away from iBood no matter how good a deal is.

What a disaster. Someone recommended I contact the European Consumer Centre a few weeks ago which I did. They offered to make contact with their counterparts in the Netherlands if I didn't get the TV back by this week but advised they had no enforcement powers, maybe it would be worth giving them a shout if you don't get anything satisfactory back by the end of the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭6541

Can anyone recommend a wall mount / arm for this TV. Thanks.

I bought this one last year based on a recommendation from someone else for £24 and would in turn highly recommend it - I have it mounted onto a bedroom partition wall straight into a stud from around April last year and it's been solid ever since.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0081F2Z40?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Plus it's reduced to £4.99 atm :eek:

Edit: Plus £10 delivery, it's still a very good deal though.

• Advertisement

Shred wrote: »
    I bought this one last year based on a recommendation from someone else for £24 and would in turn highly recommend it - I have it mounted onto a bedroom partition wall straight into a stud from around April last year and it's been solid ever since.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0081F2Z40?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Plus it's reduced to £4.99 atm :eek:

Edit: Plus £10 delivery, it's still a very good deal though.

Thanks but i need on with a longer arm about 24 inches !!

Rang ibood and they have said that the TV was sent to manufacturer on August 14th and six weeks is up next Friday. Ups collected it from me on July 1st so it was lying around in their warehouse for at least 6 weeks. How is this company still running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Yamanoto wrote: »
    I think you've been remarkably patient tbh, though I don't think you've done yourself any favours in the way you've handled the return.

my Samsung developed the same fault today- with a view to expediting repair could you please enlighten me as to what you mean by saying the poster had done himself ' no favours' in the way he handled the return?
    Thanks in advance

damian139 wrote: »
    my Samsung developed the same fault today- with a view to expediting repair could you please enlighten me as to what you mean by saying the poster had done himself ' no favours' in the way he handled the return?
    Thanks in advance
    I had the tv broken for nearly two months before actually sending it away.
    When I sent the TV off for repair I waited over a month to ring to see what the status was. Even though they organised the delivery I never added my name to the the tv so it was in the warehouse for over a month. iBood have very bad customer service and you really need to be ringing them at least once a week as they very rarely reply to emails. In the end I just got a refund as it had been going on for nearly three months. Moral of the story, I wasted weeks waiting for them to reply by email when I could have just rang them. If sending it back to them, make sure you have your name and reference number marked clearly on the box and keep in constant contact with them by phone not email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Many thanks. Its exactly the same fault. My oven gave up the ghost yesterday. I think I'll run away:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but i just have a question to anyone that got this tv and i have googled and cant find the answer:

Every time you start up the tv do you have to connect it to the wifi network? I do, so i am just wondering if its a fault with the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

mel123 wrote: »
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, but i just have a question to anyone that got this tv and i have googled and cant find the answer:

Every time you start up the tv do you have to connect it to the wifi network? I do, so i am just wondering if its a fault with the tv.

Yo!

No, mine connects automatically. Takes a minute or so but connects without me having to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

I don't have this TV, but no you should only have to set up the connection once.
    It should remember your settings

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I ha e the TV and mine keeps forgetting the wifi connection settings also. I also googled and tried to install a software update but no joy. I'm good a technical gadgets but on this issue I failed I have up on it over a year ago. Only solution I think is run an Ethernet wire to TV from router. I couldn't be bothered a cheap mx android box is better

Hi am I allowed bump this thread ?
    I have this TV and today I am getting the flashing red light issue.
    Any of the folk on here any suggestion what I can do. I purchased this TV from this thread 5 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

6541 wrote: »
    Hi am I allowed bump this thread ?
    I have this TV and today I am getting the flashing red light issue.
    Any of the folk on here any suggestion what I can do. I purchased this TV from this thread 5 years ago.

Do you want to try and replace the power board capacitors or the whole Power board yourself?

thanks grogi for response - I definitely would give it a shot. Can you point me in any direction ?

thanks grogi for response - I definitely would give it a shot. Can you point me in any direction ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEWzYLaKdgU

Open it up, see what's written on the power board.

If you're not comfortable with soldering iron (since you're asking, you probably aren't), you can try bringing the board to local phone repair shop and ask to have the capacitors replaced. Look on ebay for replacement board (search for exactly the string you've found on the board) etc.

No warrantees given though, so don't spent too much on trying to resurrect it.

Thanks for that. One more point I want to raise. I had it connected to a streaming box via HDMI. One minute it was working and the next its not. Is there anyway that this has put it into some sort of fault ?
    BTW everything disconnected and power cycled the TV.

Thanks for that. One more point I want to raise. I had it connected to a streaming box via HDMI. One minute it was working and the next its not. Is there anyway that this has put it into some sort of fault ?
    BTW everything disconnected and power cycled the TV.

99% not, especially after you've disconnected anything and power cycled it. From the wall I assume :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

grogi wrote: »
    Do you want to try and replace the power board capacitors or the whole Power board yourself?

Worth having a look as it's easy to spot a blown capacitor which is a fairly usual suspect. Not that hard to solder either.

I was hoping you would say oh HDMI problem, easy fix ! Okay looks like the adventure begins. Take TV off wall and take it apart !!!
    Thanks for your help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement