Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I always install them dry but lube the ends where they fit into the drive and the speedo back.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,245 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Grease it but not the last few inches at the speedo end as you don't want the grease getting into the speedo.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭blade1

blade1 wrote: »

I trying to make up my mind on wether to get a bench lift or an abba Skylift.
    Fabio wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, trying to decide between the two. A bench lift seems more practical for different bikes but takes up far more space than the Abba.

I thought I was going to go with the Skylift but now I'm thinking this.
    It's wider than others I've seen so my abba superbike stand would fit on it no problem.
    That would give me a bit of both worlds
    A Skylift is just a superbike stand that lifts high up.

€744 delivered to Ireland

https://toolsidee.co.uk/product/hbm-300-motor-lifting-table-hydraulic-and-pneumatic-black-P1058.html

Well it's on the way now.
    Only took over 3 years to finally pick a bench or Skylift.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I've seen a load of lads use old hospital beds, I'd be a nervous wreck. If the HSE deemed it no longer fit for purpose how bad must it be!

I've seen a load of lads use old hospital beds, I'd be a nervous wreck. If the HSE deemed it no longer fit for purpose how bad must it be!

I've seen enough hospital beds to last a lifetime.

Although there would be a certain irony to having a bike on one for a change. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭bladespin

Although there would be a certain irony to having a bike on one for a change. :D

The HSE change out beds for many reasons, rarely because they don't work, more to do with critical care upgrades (new leccy ones), budgets and appearance (flaky paint etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

bladespin wrote: »
    The HSE change out beds for many reasons, rarely because they don't work, more to do with critical care upgrades (new leccy ones), budgets and appearance (flaky paint etc).

I was just being facetious

Ordered a jacket of Crossan's yesterday early afternoon and it was delivered this morning.
    Can't fault that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I have one ,but I had to build a corridor to put it in......:D

I have one ,but I had to build a corridor to put it in......:D

Did it come with a nurse?

• Advertisement

I thought I was going to go with the Skylift but now I'm thinking this.
    It's wider than others I've seen so my abba superbike stand would fit on it no problem.
    That would give me a bit of both worlds
    A Skylift is just a superbike stand that lifts high up.

€744 delivered to Ireland

https://toolsidee.co.uk/product/hbm-300-motor-lifting-table-hydraulic-and-pneumatic-black-P1058.html

Well it's on the way now.
    Only took over 3 years to finally pick a bench or Skylift.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

I'm leaning towards the Skylift I think.
    I like that it makes the removal of forks and swingarm so easy.
    I'll probably make up a bench of some sort to slide under the bike to hold tools and bike parts in place.

I have these and another concrete shed and every so often have to do a big clear out because stuff still keeps building up.
    Going to try and keep the steel shed nice and tidy from now on so I have a decent work space.

IMG-20200730-183433.jpg
    Lovely setup there Blade1.

What's the story with electricity? Did you wire it yourself or have someone do it? I'm seeing crazy prices for a leccy to come and wire mine.

Fabio wrote: »
    Lovely setup there Blade1.

What's the story with electricity? Did you wire it yourself or have someone do it? I'm seeing crazy prices for a leccy to come and wire mine.

Steel shed is set up properly by an electrician.
    Cable underground from the house to fusebox in shed.
    Two lights and six double sockets.

IMG-20201109-161743.jpg

IMG-20201109-162445.jpg

He even ran some wiring for the sockets inside the frame.

IMG-20201109-161821.jpg

It cost €700 nearly 7 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭H_Lime

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Anybody know of a crowd that repairs dents in Fuel tanks? I have a spare one for the bike that I would like repaired. I am based in south Dublin.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111940314&postcount=4077
    Have a crack off it yourself if it's a shallow jobbie like mine was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

A Cork lad with his new business venture. Looks like a well known and respected gent

https://www.rte.ie/news/regional/2020/1109/1176942-hearse/

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

A Cork lad with his new business venture. Looks like a well known and respected gent

https://www.rte.ie/news/regional/2020/1109/1176942-hearse/

Thats pat noonan.
    Very nice fella
    Motorcycle mechanic and a dj...

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Yeah I'll order one of those and give it a shot. Sure I have a slightly less dented spare tank if I really mess it up

If there's no creases or cracked paint you stand a good chance, esp if the metal is on the thinner side. A good tip is to clean with alcohol wipes prior to gluing and heat it with a hairdryer good n hot.
    Takes a lot of trying but it's a real buzz to see it come out.
    Missus has had me fix some dents in our yank fridge door too and have done a few on cars.
    Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Finally back on the road after basically being off for about a year. Chuffed. Brought this in from the UK. It's proper mint - not donedeal mint :p

Screenshot-20201022-230744.png

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭enrique66_35

Well wear GBX!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭robbie_63

GBX wrote: »
    Finally back on the road after basically being off for about a year. Chuffed. Brought this in from the UK. It's proper mint - not donedeal mint :p

Screenshot-20201022-230744.png

:D

That's a cracking bike in fairness, best of luck with it.

Nice yoke indeed, what's she like mister?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭horse7

Is it the 800 or 900cc, what's the story with vibration at high revs, I've just read some reviews about it,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Thanks all. It's an 800 XRT with all the bells and whistles. Not experienced any vibration yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭honda boi

Have a set of thermal layers(top and bottom) here, brand new tags still on them.
    Size XL .
    When I bought them I was a bigger lad
    Anyone want them for free?

Saved 9 foot of steel shelving from a skip. All straight and old school sturdy, will be mega when bolted down to the floor/wall and given a lick of paint, chuffed
    IMG-20201111-184409.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

I'm in Switzerland at the minute with work. The amount of bikes/scooters here is unreal. My apartment is right next to a HD dealership and a KTM 100m from it.

I thought the weather would be totally against motorcycles but its dry, coldish and full of bikes. Nice ones too.

Sorry if this is a bit of a pointless comment but the only one I have to tell is herself and she's in the nicest way possible saying 'that's interesting'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Next time you're going over PC leave her at home and take me with you instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Next time you're going over PC leave her at home and take me with you instead.

How are you at dinners?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Acquiescence

Was it Switzerland where the 44Teeth lads got a 4 grand speeding fine?

Advertisement