Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ukraine: As it happens.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

Is this now a revolution or a protest?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 eoin91

Lou.m wrote: »
    Is this now a revolution or a protest?

The Presidium of the Supreme Council of Crimea (Wiki Description: "100-member unicameral parliament of the Ukrainian territory the Autonomous Republic of Crimea")are classing this as the beginning of a Civil War, they released the following statement earlier.
    “Militants from Svoboda, Right Sector and other extremist organisations have announced a general mobilisation and are calling on people with guns to go to the barricades… This is no longer a peaceful protest, as we are constantly being told by opposition leaders and the biased media, nor are these even riots. This is the beginning of a civil war, the threat of which the Crimean parliament has repeatedly warned” said the statement from members of the Crimean parliament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Plenty of propaganda on Russia Today. It's like Russia's version of Fox News.

This crack down has been on the cards for a while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I fear and hope for the safety of those on both sides, the images of the city tonight are nothing short of horrific. Kiev will never be the same again either way, so much damage and violence.

• Advertisement

6781 wrote: »
    Plenty of propaganda on Russia Today. It's like Russia's version of Fox News.

This crack down has been on the cards for a while now.

Is there any genuine station or news reporting in Russia these days?

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I fear and hope for the safety of those on both sides, the images of the city tonight are nothing short of horrific. Kiev will never be the same again either way, so much damage and violence.

I don't know how the EU integration that the protestors seem to want could happen for a long time now.

I don't know how the EU integration that the protestors seem to want could happen for a long time now.
    I thought this too, there is protest and then there is pure chaos, the riots have descended into needless violence and war. I am particularly upset about the people who don't want to be involved but can't leave the area now. Could you imagine something of even a fraction of this scale happening in Ireland?

"Quote:
    “Militants from Svoboda, Right Sector and other extremist organisations have announced a general mobilisation and are calling on people with guns to go to the barricades… This is no longer a peaceful protest, as we are constantly being told by opposition leaders and the biased media, nor are these even riots. This is the beginning of a civil war"

Great... All the people of Ukraine need now is this nazi scum making shît worse.

6781 wrote: »
    "Quote:
    “Militants from Svoboda, Right Sector and other extremist organisations have announced a general mobilisation and are calling on people with guns to go to the barricades… This is no longer a peaceful protest, as we are constantly being told by opposition leaders and the biased media, nor are these even riots. This is the beginning of a civil war"

Great... All the people of Ukraine need now is this nazi scum making shît worse.
    It's disgusting that what started as a protest is being hijacked as an excuse to cause real and very dangerous havoc.

• Advertisement

It's disgusting that what started as a protest is being hijacked as an excuse to cause real and very dangerous havoc.

That always happens it's why the regimes that take the place of the one ousted tend to be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

See the irony of your statement here when US are deciding who should govern the Ukraine?

Is it not obvious?

And the Russian don't?

I see both sides for what they are unlike you.

I'm on the Ukrainian people's side not Putin's or Obama's.

https://twitter.com/MarcusSchwarze/status/435939244926717952/photo/1

These are FAKE pics ...they are said to be fake from today yet are still circulating.

There are two distinct Ukrainian sides...which one are you on?

The top right pic of the woman jumping was taken during the London riots.

And the Russian don't?

I see both sides for what they are unlike you.

I was under the impression this was more a Ukrainian people VS state battle? Hence the civil war moniker.

Wow.... US Ambassador Pyatt helped direct traffic towards the Maidan earlier today..

I'm on the Ukrainian people's.
    Bit simplistic...

The top right pic of the woman jumping was taken during the London riots.

Thanks. Poor woman.

Wow.... US Ambassador Pyatt helped direct traffic towards the Maidan earlier today..

Trust US to interfere with other countries, consistently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

There are two distinct Ukrainian sides...which one are you on?

It's either one or the other is it?

No chance of a peaceful agreement if the current government steps down?

Do I have to pick a side, east or west?

Ambassador Geoffrey Pyatt from the US has made this statement.
    From this moment we consider Yanukovych to be responsible for everything happening in Ukraine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

It's Putin me off going to the Ukraine this summer I must say.

Sochi journalists, should get themselves to Kyiv, Ukraine right now. ...any so-called journalist talking about Olympics right now and other fluff topic is not really a journalist who cares about what is happening in the world., but instead is likely to just be working for a propaganda machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

That's just about the last thing Ukrainians want right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Well, duh. That's the whole reason this is happening in the first place.

It's either one or the other is it?

No chance of a peaceful agreement if the current government steps down?

Some support him and there is little chance of him doing that anyway.

I am not saying the position of peace is wrong it is just unlikely ...we would all prefer it it is just naive.

I think the issue is should your human rights suffer because you pick one side that is against the govt?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Harold Weiss

Trust US to interfere with other countries, consistently.

Former CIA officer Philip Giraldi on pro-Israel State Dept. official caught orchestrating regime change in Ukraine.

Diplomacy Is a Four Letter Word
    Nuland was recently intercepted in a telephone conversation with the US Ambassador to the Ukraine Geoff Pyatt. She and the ambassador discussed whom they would support in their drive to rearrange the Ukrainian government, bringing in the UN afterwards to "glue" the deal. Nuland, who has visited the Ukraine several times to speak to the demonstrators and pass out cookies, described the possible European Union (EU) role in such a project disparagingly, using a four letter word which was widely reported in the media. The focus on her language somewhat obscured the far more important content of the call, discussing plans to destabilize the Ukraine while actively working to select one opposition politician as the preferred choice to bring about change in the government.

Yep, US nothing to do with unrest there at all.

Advertisement