Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW E-Golf launched

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭noelf

Photos

normal mode

Eco mode

Eco plus

MFD

• Advertisement

You may add the photos to photobucket or the likes and post the links in the add picture.

Very sad left the E-golf back to dealer today kept it in Eco plus had 150 km showing at start of journey . Distance to garage 54 km had 118 km left when I reached Frank Keane Volkswagen very impressed ..

noelf wrote: »
    Very sad left the E-golf back to dealer today kept it in Eco plus had 150 km showing at start of journey . Distance to garage 54 km had 118 km left when I reached Frank Keane Volkswagen very impressed ..

Electrics are great, but wait and check out the Kia Soul ev, comes with heat pump and battery heater as standard.

Options include leather seats and air conditioned seats.

It also has 27 Kwh V 24 for the golf V 20 usable in the leaf.

Though the actual usable in the Golf and Soul is unknown.

Warranty on E-Golf is 8 years or 160000 km versus 5 years or 100000 km with Nissan leaf ..

Warranty on E-Golf is 8 years or 160000 km versus 5 years or 100000 km with Nissan leaf ..

Yes but remember battery capacity degradation through usage, is not covered. Only through defects.

But always check the exact terms and conditions.

• Advertisement

Yes but remember battery capacity degradation through usage, is not covered. Only through defects.

But always check the exact terms and conditions.

IF I RECALL CORRECTLY FROM FRANK KEANES SALESMAN IF BATTERY DROPS TO 80% NEW BATTERY WOULD BE FITTED .

IF I RECALL CORRECTLY FROM FRANK KEANES SALESMAN IF BATTERY DROPS TO 80% NEW BATTERY WOULD BE FITTED .

I'd get that in writing !

usually the warranty covers capacity loss due to defects and not through usage, I.E driving, charging and discharging. This equals wear and tear.

So if you got 80,000 miles and 70% capacity , then this is not covered under warranty.

I would get highlighted the exact terms and conditions before you sign anything !

If you would flog the car after a 3 year PCP lease then it won't really matter, same for leaf owners.

Frank keane vw have now sold 4 E-Golfs for 151 their target for next year is only 30 .. they should achieve that ?? One of their customers on a test drive went from Leopardstown to Gorey AND back on one charge ..

Frank keane vw have now sold 4 E-Golfs for 151 their target for next year is only 30 .. they should achieve that ?? One of their customers on a test drive went from Leopardstown to Gorey AND back on one charge ..

That's impressive if it's true at all, but It could be possible in the right conditions as probably would be in the leaf.

The Golf imo is not worth the premium over the Leaf considering you have to pay an extra 1000 Euro's for the heat pump.

The Kia soul is reported to break the 100 mile barrier, I'm keeping watch on that but there isn't many on the road yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

Have any Irish dealers announced if they are going to be stocking the Soul EV?

Yawlboy wrote: »
    Have any Irish dealers announced if they are going to be stocking the Soul EV?

Kia Ireland themselves don't even know when it's coming. So dealers don;t know either, nor do they know who'll stock it.

The E-Golf for 34.5K does NOT include the heat pump or even a multi function steering wheel !

Madness !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The E-Golf for 34.5K does NOT include the heat pump or even a multi function steering wheel !

Madness !

I think the multi function steering wheel is standard from January

Davy wrote: »
    I think the multi function steering wheel is standard from January

The heat pump should be standard also.

If I were buying the e-golf today I'd be insisting the mfsw be included or no Deal. I bet they'd tell me where to go!

The heat pump should be standard also.

If I were buying the e-golf today I'd be insisting the mfsw be included or no Deal. I bet they'd tell me where to go!

When I enquired about trading in my car for the E-Golf they valued my car for €2000 less than what I could get against another tdi the reason they said was the profit margins were very tight .. Volkswagen have dropped the price of the Golf R by nearly €9500 recently will the E-Golf follow it ??? Nissan Leaf SVE (top spec) has the heatpump and leather seats for about €8000 less ..

• Advertisement

When I enquired about trading in my car for the E-Golf they valued my car for €2000 less than what I could get against another tdi the reason they said was the profit margins were very tight .. Volkswagen have dropped the price of the Golf R by nearly €9500 recently will the E-Golf follow it ??? Nissan Leaf SVE (top spec) has the heatpump and leather seats for about €8000 less ..

Profits are tight on the Leaf/E-Golf.

Nissan reduced the price mainly by offering lower spec trims.

The Volkswagen Group don't want to sell electrics because they make too much money from ICE cars that there is no incentive, especially when they make less money due to the cost of batteries.

I bet they could probably still afford to sell the E-Golf at 28K max and still make a profit, less but still a profit. But it's a Golf so naturally it has to be more expensive than the Leaf.

But you'd want your head examined to spend so much more over the leaf on an E-Golf. The only way I would say get the golf is (IF) the battery lasted a lot longer and you intend to keep it 10 years. But that's unknown yet how long the battery will last.

Volkswagen warranty is 8 years or 160000 km on battery. Kia is 7 years or 150000 km. Nissan 3 years and 100000 km

Volkswagen warranty is 8 years or 160000 km on battery. Kia is 7 years or 150000 km. Nissan 3 years and 100000 km

The warranty covers defects and battery capacity loss due to defects .

The warranty does not cover capacity loss due to usage, I.E charging , discharging.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭denismac

Going by their brochure Nissan Offer the following:

5-YEAR/ 100 000KM WARRANTY ON ALL
    EV DEDICATED COMPONENTS AND
    3-YEAR/ 100 000KM FOR STANDARD
    COMPONENTS
    12-YEAR ANTI-CORROSION WARRANTY
    30 000KM SERVICE INTERVAL
    NISSAN LEAF lithium-ion battery warranty
    also protects against capacity loss below 9
    bars of capacity (out of 12) as shown on the
    LEAF’s capacity gauge for a period of
    5 years/100 000km.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

Interesting article here from Forbes magazine about the e-Golf.
    Forbes wrote:
    VW has multiple variants of the Golf ... and ... the Golf now utilizes VW’s new modular platform [whereby] the automaker can shift assembly line configuration in short order. It has the ability to produce up to 1,100 alt fuel Golfs per day, though as of now only about 70 e-Golfs are being assembled daily ... If demand warrants it Volkswagen can easily shift that number (up or down) to match consumer interest ... enhanced production flexibility is the wave of the future.
    An interesting concept, IMO. They can rapidly respond to changes in demand or regulations and can churn out as few or as many as are needed.

Advertisement