Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast Republic on 2fm thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Did I hear last week that bloody Lottie Ryan will be presenting the show with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Did I hear last week that bloody Lottie Ryan will be presenting the show with him?

Didn't hear that. Unless you mean his new weekend breakfast show ?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭greengirl31

Please God, NO !!!!!!!!!! just when you thought it couldn't get any worse !!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

No Will Leahy said yesterday Eoghan was standing in on his own on breakfast for the next two weeks plus starting his own weekend breakfast show in place of Ronan mc caul, so would be working the next 14 days in a row apparently. Lottie does early breakfast before Eoghan's show.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

In fairness Lottie is more like Paxman than those 3 eegits....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

In fairness Lottie is more like Paxman than those 3 eegits....

More like Pacman...:pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I know it's actually a good thing in this instance but them lads in RTE have more holidays than a teacher!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I know it's actually a good thing in this instance but them lads in RTE have more holidays than a teacher!

Fairly sure they are contractors and don't actually get paid by RTE for their holidays - does that make you happier now :)

Weren't they on holidays a few weeks ago aswell?

What a two bit organization RTE are, Joe Duffy started he's months holiday last Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Fairly sure they are contractors and don't actually get paid by RTE for their holidays - does that make you happier now :)

Doesnt really bother me who is paying them as long as they pay them to stay on holidays and off the airwaves! :p

• Advertisement

TD Michael McGrath (the one that "favourites" milfs on twitter)...is the image of Bernard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

TD Michael McGrath (the one that "favourites" milfs on twitter)...is the image of Bernard

Not really to be honest

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Not really to be honest
    i was being honest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

2 weeks since the last post - shows still ****e.

2 weeks since the last post - shows still ****e.

Who's presenting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Who's presenting?

Back to the 3 amigos. Was great to get a lesson on pubic hair at 7.10 this morning from Bernard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Back to the 3 amigos. Was great to get a lesson on pubic hair at 7.10 this morning from Bernard.

So contrived this show..Jen just went on for ages about how she called her husband an eejit. That and bernard's faux stupidness.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Captian Swashbuckle

I have the unfortunate experience of having to listen to "Breakfast Republic" each morning between 8 & 9 where I work and I have to say, it has to be one of the worst shows churned out by RTÉ in recent years. The inane drivel from Jen, as mentioned above Bernard's faux stupidness coupled with Keith's inability to carry the whole thing. Truly awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,411 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I genuinely don't think I have heard ONE positive comment on the show, boards or otherwise.

Jnlr figures will be very interesting to read.

Bernard is really getting on my tits!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭rotun

Does he have anything else in his repertoire bar acting stupid?

Have to say though, Jen is gas. Even if they're not very good at pretending the whole lot if scripted.

Keith interviewing Una Healy from the Saturdays was stomach churning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I genuinely don't think I have heard ONE positive comment on the show, boards or otherwise.

Jnlr figures will be very interesting to read.

Breaking: news - People go on internet to complain about stuff more than they praise things! :eek:

Breaking: news - People go on internet to complain about stuff more than they praise things! :eek:

I honestly cannot think of one positive....other than they make tubridy seem like Howard stern

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

This show has finally resulted in the removal of 2fm as a preset in my car radio. You think you can't do it. Cos it has a number in its name so it has to go on number 2.

You'll twitch for a few weeks when it's not nestled between radio 1 and 2fm. And then you'll realise you just don't miss it.

This show has finally resulted in the removal of 2fm as a preset in my car radio. You think you can't do it. Cos it has a number in its name so it has to go on number 2.

You'll twitch for a few weeks when it's not nestled between radio 1 and 2fm. And then you'll realise you just don't miss it.
    funny you mention that...but in my newish car i demoted 2fm down the list!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

funny you mention that...but in my newish car i demoted 2fm down the list!!

Mines at number 8 cant get any closer to the steering wheel than that.

RTÉ 2fm national weekdays reach is static at 10% b-o-b, to which boss Dan Healy said: “We predicted this book for 2fm and there are no surprises here. In fact, the main surprise is that we’re ahead of forecast, with a market share of 6.6%. This is the baseline from which we build and there are good indicators for growth.”

Any word on how our three amigos are doing in the jnlr's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Any word on how our three amigos are doing in the jnlr's?

According to ilevel.ie .... Year on year Breakfast republic is down 15,000 listeners from 126k to 111k, or -12% ... tubridy down 9% , colm hayes and rick o shea both down 7%

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

heybaby wrote: »
    According to ilevel.ie .... Year on year Breakfast republic is down 15,000 listeners from 126k to 111k, or -12% ... tubridy down 9% , colm hayes and rick o shea both down 7%

But then it could be argued that the bulk of that 12% is down to Hector. I wouldn't read anything into BR figures until two-three books time tbh. Even after a year it's hard to say what would happen, Ray Foley's only starting to creep up in ratings in these most recent books after two years on 98.

So it is possible that BR has bottomed out, will remain static for a book or three, then begin to rise as the show becomes more polished.

Stranger things have happened! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thesaurus2

wnolan1992 wrote: »

So it is possible that BR has bottomed out, will remain static for a book or three, then begin to rise as the show becomes more polished.

Stranger things have happened! :P

You can't polish a turd as Beavis and Butthead used to say...

Advertisement