Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast Republic on 2fm thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I think jezzer and Ash.J.Williams are terribly over-rated tbh. Anybody could write better screenplays. Haven't done anything of note since those 3 guys got a breakfast show.
    after they hooked up with lohan that was it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

i had to listen to a few mins of Ronan Keating this morning in case i missed a joke ....wasn't sure what was happening....it was a ronan keating song with bernard talking in the background.....apparently in his jocks...and i can log into 2fm website today if i want to see pictures of same....
    No that's not good radio

• Registered Users Posts: 37 calendarqueen

I do like Tubridy on the radio I Have to admit. Not on telly though.

That guy was so rude on Friday night. No need for it. It was like he didn't have the cop on to identify inappropriate comments before they came out of his mouth. Thought TUbridy handled it fairly well though considering!

I do like Tubridy on the radio I Have to admit. Not on telly though.

That guy was so rude on Friday night. No need for it. It was like he didn't have the cop on to identify inappropriate comments before they came out of his mouth. Thought TUbridy handled it fairly well though considering!
    No way.....the guy from superbad? the guy from "this is the end?" the guy from 21 and 22 jump street? he said something inappropriate? really? no way!

he said "you look nervous" and irelands paxman melted....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

yea, well in fairness tubridy is terrible in the interviewer position, he basically cant handle interviews, but i thought it was uncalled for, there is no excuse for rudeness, i know tubbers does look nervous and is always fidgety but there is no need to mention it, we all know he shouldnt be there but thats his own problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 calendarqueen

No way.....the guy from superbad? the guy from "this is the end?" the guy from 21 and 22 jump street? he said something inappropriate? really? no way!

he said "you look nervous" and irelands paxman melted....

Well actually Jonah Hill came out of it looking worse than Tubridy IMO.

Well actually Jonah Hill came out of it looking worse than Tubridy IMO.
    i don't think so...As Ian Dempsey predicted years ago....tubs was found out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Mr Steak

i don't think so...As Ian Dempsey predicted years ago....tubs was found out

When did he say that ?

did ian dempsey really say that?

jonah hill is an ass full stop, not even remotely funny, a typical overweight loud mouth no brain american

Mr Steak wrote: »
    When did he say that ?
    when he got the late late job

• Advertisement

An RTE spokesperson told the Herald this morning: "It's understandable that Ian Dempsey and Today FM would be worried about the new 2fm morning schedule.
    "With Hector at 7, Ryan at 9 and Colm at 11, we have a really strong and exciting alternative for morning listeners."

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/dempseys-shock-attack-on-exposed-tubridy-and-rte-27960285.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

jezzer wrote: »

jonah hill is an ass full stop, not even remotely funny, a typical overweight loud mouth no brain american

Bringing his weight into it is harsh. Remember, he was on the Late Late to promote a film, he's done many interviews and saw an opportunity to generate a little extra discourse about the film. Guess what its worked, 6 days on from another largely forgettable run of the mill celeb interview we're still talking about the interview and more people will go see 22 Jump street as an indirect result.

no brain successful film actor and creator

An RTE spokesperson told the Herald this morning: "It's understandable that Ian Dempsey and Today FM would be worried about the new 2fm morning schedule.
    "With Hector at 7, Ryan at 9 and Colm at 11, we have a really strong and exciting alternative for morning listeners."

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/dempseys-shock-attack-on-exposed-tubridy-and-rte-27960285.html

HA! that looks so funny now!!!

"Bringing his weight into it is harsh. Remember, he was on the Late Late to promote a film, he's done many interviews and saw an opportunity to generate a little extra discourse about the film. Guess what its worked, 6 days on from another largely forgettable run of the mill celeb interview we're still talking about the interview and more people will go see 22 Jump street as an indirect result."

people will go to see 22 jump street because jonah hill said tubbers looked nervous??? i dont know about that

in terms of the weight thing, i only said that because i dont think it was right to bring tubbers nervous disposition into it either

and in terms of him being successful creator/actor that is debatable, most of his films are crap and he just plays the dopey looking overweight kid who is a bit of an ass, he is well down the pecking order in h'wood and very one dimensional

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Still far more talented, successful and likeable than Ryan Tubridy.

well i cant and wont disagree with that

tubbers had eyes on the UK but it never worked out for him at all, they are a little too clever for him over there plus he hasn't the family connections to get him in the door either...

"Bringing his weight into it is harsh. Remember, he was on the Late Late to promote a film, he's done many interviews and saw an opportunity to generate a little extra discourse about the film. Guess what its worked, 6 days on from another largely forgettable run of the mill celeb interview we're still talking about the interview and more people will go see 22 Jump street as an indirect result."

people will go to see 22 jump street because jonah hill said tubbers looked nervous??? i dont know about that

in terms of the weight thing, i only said that because i dont think it was right to bring tubbers nervous disposition into it either

and in terms of him being successful creator/actor that is debatable, most of his films are crap and he just plays the dopey looking overweight kid who is a bit of an ass, he is well down the pecking order in h'wood and very one dimensional
    it's not a nervous dispostion....he's not able to interview people, and he's our nations no1 interviewer on around .5m per year at least

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

If Tubs was a good interviewer, he wouldn't be nervous. That's the long and short of it. Did Norton have the same problem when the guys were on later in the week? Nope.

Anyway, less of the thread derailment. I haven't listened to the muck this week. Couldn't take the fall in quality after Will last week. Has their weeks holidays done them any good? Or is it still ****e?

• Advertisement

yes, you both are absolutely correct regarding tubbers, if he was good enough he wouldnt be nervous, nepotism is still a massive problem here in ireland

nope, the morning show is still terrible...

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Heard this for the first time this morning in the car on the way to work. Lasted about seven minutes before I had to change the channel it was appalling. Yer one Jen was the most annoying going on about her wedding I presume in Castle Leslie. Maybe the show would be an improvement with just the two lads.

yea i think your right the 2 lads would be better

• Site Banned Posts: 4 Squawky

This awful ! How's it allowed ?????!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I was in a taxi from the airport this morning after being on a very early flight into Dublin this morning and heard an absolutely awful exam/classroom sketch where Jen was the teacher and Bernard and Keith were the "bold boys" at the back of the class. Honestly it was one of the worst sketches I've heard on national radio - ever. It was just forced, so badly acted, full of cliches and stereotyping and just patently unfunny. If transition year students wrote this for a school play they'd get beaten up by their classmates for being tools. I asked the taxi driver "do you find this funny?". He said it's just noise to him anymore and promptly switched the radio off. Good call.

The sketch I refer to was so bad I think you should actually go to the podcast and listen to see for yourselves. These 3 clowns are getting paid for this crap. I used to defend Keith, I can't after today.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I was in a taxi from the airport this morning after being on a very early flight into Dublin this morning and heard an absolutely awful exam/classroom sketch where Jen was the teacher and Bernard and Keith were the "bold boys" at the back of the class. Honestly it was one of the worst sketches I've heard on national radio - ever. It was just forced, so badly acted, full of cliches and stereotyping and just patently unfunny. If transition year students wrote this for a school play they'd get beaten up by their classmates for being tools. I asked the taxi driver "do you find this funny?". He said it's just noise to him anymore and promptly switched the radio off. Good call.

The sketch I refer to was so bad I think you should actually go to the podcast and listen to see for yourselves. These 3 clowns are getting paid for this crap. I used to defend Keith, I can't after today.

I'm just listened to it there.

businessman-banging-his-head-against-the-wall-ispc026073.jpg

Oh well done they made bangkok jokes and ejecting :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'm just listened to it there.

businessman-banging-his-head-against-the-wall-ispc026073.jpg

Oh well done they made bangkok jokes and ejecting :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I did try and warn you.....sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Have to say the bangkok jokes were pretty cringy!

But, (nearly said 'on the whole' there, but enough of that sort of stuff), generally, the show is getting better.

There is not so much of the 3 of them shouting over each other. Keith obviously is the ringmaster in this circus and has now got a whip and a chair in operation. Jennifer needs a gag (no, not as in a joke, but that would help) which should onl be removed for 10-15 second intervals.

Otherwise, I sense a bit of hope for the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Listening now. So far we're building up to a cartwheel on radio and Jennifer "Jenny" Maguire's da has some tips for Laois after they lost to All-Ireland Champions Dublin. Dunno why they get so much hate tbh.

This is my personal Grizzly Man documentary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Not their fault at all but there was a proper Partridge moment where they were having a bit of craic at the expense of Laois and immediately cut to the news about vigils being held for the bodies in Tuam. Just extremely unfortunate timing.

Advertisement