Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preacher [AMC] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So I thought this episode was very good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

So I thought this episode was very good!

But not inspired to go into much detail on a review, similar to my reaction.

Just glad the next show is the season finale, and see the inevitable cliff hanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just binged the 9 episodes in the last 24 hours really love the show, no bad episode favourite character is Cassidy final episode tomorrow night I believe,'another class show from AMC!

Btw episode 9 was that a Breaking Bad Easter egg where the two lads get to bus to hell wasn't that the same location Jessie was going to be picked up by the man who arranged for you to disappear! Nice Easter Egg if I'm right!

• Advertisement

Well that was disappointing...

Nah, only kidding...

Really enjoyed it and looking forward to season 2. :D

Wow really loved the finale what a great show, hope AMC stick with it as I was reading it's not getting great ratings, then again Breaking Bad didn't in the beginning!
    Love the running joke about Cassidy trying to explain to everyone why The Big Labowski is crap! Looks like the Cowboy can kill angels from the last scene, but hope I'm wrong! Also from watching the series I get the impression that Genisis is the child entity of the two angels Flor and DeBlanc! Great show and roll on Season2!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,294 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They could have honestly fitted that whole season into 3/4 episodes they wasted a full season telling a nothing story.

If they waste as many episodes in season two they will be cancelled.

Looks like the Cowboy can kill angels from the last scene

That's what I took from it as well. Only recently saw the Big L. Didn't get it either.

Also from watching the series I get the impression that Genisis is the child entity of the two angels Flor and DeBlanc!

Huh?

That's what I took from it as well. Only recently saw the Big L. Didn't get it either.

Huh?

Yeah little and large they told the story of how two angels one from hell and one from heaven got together and I think from their reaction throughout the series that they threat it as their creation they were going to scold it and didn't and when the tall Angel was going to sleep with the travel agent the little one stopped it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah little and large they told the story of how two angels one from hell and one from heaven got together and I think from their reaction throughout the series that they threat it as their creation they were going to scold it and didn't and when the tall Angel was going to sleep with the travel agent the little one stopped it!
    No, its from an unnamed Angel and a Demon getting together during the war between Heaven and Hell, not 2 angels. Fiore and DeBlanc are both angels and are Genesis's keepers not its parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Oh yeah, why did Emily kill the Mayor? It made no sense and was totally out of character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Thargor wrote: »
    No, its from an unnamed Angel and a Demon getting together during the war between Heaven and Hell, not 2 angels. Fiore and DeBlanc are both angels and are Genesis's keepers not its parents.

There's actually a good argument to be made that Fiore and DeBlanc are indeed the parents of Genesis, and that DeBlanc may be a demon! There's a Reddit thread about it here - https://goo.gl/1UQ0nc

That link may contain spoilers for those who haven't read the comics, so be careful!

This season really pulled together nicely in the end. I was a little disappointed after maybe the fourth or fifth ep, but since then its been really good, and season two should be just great!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

They could have honestly fitted that whole season into 3/4 episodes they wasted a full season telling a nothing story.

If they waste as many episodes in season two they will be cancelled.

This.

A 6 episode season would of worked so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

I quite enjoyed the last couple of episodes, having been on the brink of not bothering to watch them at all after about 4 or 5 episodes in. Was a good pay off in the end, but they did a lot of nonsense stuff in it too.

Was the pedo bus-driver killed by the kids at the end? That was a bit out there. I guess all the goings on in the town are pretty much pointless now, as everyone is dead anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Oh yeah, why did Emily kill the Mayor? It made no sense and was totally out of character.

I thought so too. I was expecting some reason...
    Then again they way they rewrote Tulip I'm not surprised. She seems to act like a dick just because.

As for the angles one may be dead as they were killed in hell, where on earth they come back.

Potatoeman wrote: »
    As for the angles one may be dead as they were killed in hell, where on earth they come back.

Yip, and the tall one looked worried when the gun was pointed at him, and only one returned on the bus. It only makes sense if he can kill angels and Jesse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Yip, and the tall one looked worried when the gun was pointed at him, and only one returned on the bus. It only makes sense if he can kill angels and Jesse.

Well Jesse is still human. The demon at the very end should have come straight back though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I was just thinking that last week, she was finally starting to get interesting and then.... nothing.

I don't know how I feel about this show, to be honest. It's not the worst thing ever but they basically spent 10 episodes setting up a fairly simple premise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Enjoyed the last couple of episodes too ,like others I question the pacing.

I also feel they woefully under used such a good actor as Jackie Earle Hayley.

And also a shout out that was Mr Belding from saved by the bell that caused the explosion , I dont know why but that made me really happy.

• Advertisement

And also a shout out that was Mr Belding from saved by the bell that caused the explosion , I dont know why but that made me really happy.

Who caused the explosion? Also I don't think any of them were Mr Belding.

Who caused the explosion? Also I don't think any of them were Mr Belding.

The entire town is powered by Methane from the "meat" factory. It was Mr Blobby's job to manually monitor the build up of methane and to vent if it built up to dangerous levels. He died with a smile on his face* and the hooker wasn't able to stop the build up and the town went all Sodom and Gomorrah.

*because his wife wasn't interested in him sexually, so it's her fault for the town blowing up :D

The entire town is powered by Methane from the "meat" factory. It was Mr Blobby's job to manually monitor the build up of methane and to vent if it built up to dangerous levels. He died with a smile on his face* and the hooker wasn't able to stop the build up and the town went all Sodom and Gomorrah.

*because his wife wasn't interested in him sexually, so it's her fault for the town blowing up :D

Yeah... that's what I thought. Don't think he was Mr Belding though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Enjoyable enough first season but the writing was a bit weak overall. i'm not sure what the point of the Emily character was, had a lot of screentime for a character that didn't progress the plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

I thought the finale delivered in parts but I can't help feeling that this show overall is just a load of style over substance. they could have fitted the entire season in 4 episodes as was said. I really didn't get Eugene turning up in the diner at the end even though Jesse didn't seem to know where he was minutes before. Honestly they could have set up the broad story in two episodes even and gotten them on the road. Instead we've all invested in a raft of characters like Emily, The Sheriff and Quincannon only to have them get blown away in an instant.

This season really was a pile of cack. It's a show that's acting too cool for school and if they keep that up then the laugh will be on them come renewals time next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Found this season to be incredibly mediocre and all over the place, just didn't much for me at all. They could have covered or expanded on a lot more in less episodes but the producers did say that budget constraints left them in that town.

I might check out season 2 but I won't hang around if it's the same kind of fluff.
    squonk wrote: »
    I really didn't get Eugene turning up in the diner at the end even though Jesse didn't seem to know where he was minutes before.

I imagine that was just to show that Eugene is still on his mind, that though they've left the town to go on a road trip he hasn't forgotten about him and will still try to save him.

Duggy747 wrote: »

Found this season to be incredibly mediocre and all over the place, just didn't much for me at all. They could have covered or expanded on a lot more in less episodes but the producers did say that budget constraints left them in that town.

I imagine that was just to show that Eugene is still on his mind, that though they've left the town to go on a road trip he hasn't forgotten about him and will still try to save him.

Exactly, it wasn't the real Eugene. Jesse was hallucinating him just like he was a few weeks ago in the church.

I don't get how budget restraints leave them stuck in the one town on the show, real life maybe. Plenty of TV shows only film in one or two locations but they are clever about it and can have the same town become many towns on screen. If they're just road tripping through random Southern US towns it shouldn't be that hard, or expensive, to film.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

The whole season was akin to that season of Dallas where Bobby ended up coming out of the shower. Basically 90% of what happened didnt need to happen. Why show all of these different characters only for them all to be killed off? It would have been much better to start the season with them on the road with maybe a few flashbacks to how they ended up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

not sure if the writing on the show is good enough to have them on the road the whole of next season. The three main characters are each too weird that they needed the more boring/sane characters like sheriff and emily (well until the murder of the mayor) so perhaps they will add someone new like that to the trio next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Looks like the Cowboy can kill angels from the last scene, but hope I'm wrong!

in the comics the very first scene is an angel waking the Killer of Saints and he immediately kills the angel, which they took 9 episodes to get to

Advertisement