Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preacher [AMC] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

The main storyline is indeed very uninteresting. Cassidy story is the only funny/interesting plot

• Registered Users Posts: 12,323 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

anyone else notice the footage of the Pride march going by the GPO?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,305 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Skerries wrote: »
    anyone else notice the footage of the Pride march going by the GPO?

Almost missed it - notice they blurred everyone's face out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Decent third season, consistently entertaining and a lot better than the second though by no means essential viewing. They've it set up very well now for one of the most iconic face-offs in the comic next season so hopefully that actually gets made.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

The back half was much stronger than the first half - I definitely felt that the writing felt very rushed towards the last few episodes in comparison with the very slow pacing of the first few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I loved it, last season was a chore to get through but I devoured this season, especially the last few eps, Cassidys storyline was great, I cringed when they brought in the vampire club thinking it was going to be just the same old cliches as in 50 other vampire shows but they totally subverted it, it was hilarious tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,305 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Agreeing with the majority - first part of the season was getting boring (as I already said), ramped up now with more action and story
    Cassidy is definitely the highlight of the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

'I'm tired of chess, it's time to play some fu<king checkers' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Renewed for Season 4 (relocated to Australia)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Renewed for Season 4 (relocated to Australia)
    Interesting that filming is being moved to Australia. I wonder is it down to season being based there or cheaper to film there.

• Advertisement

Interesting that filming is being moved to Australia. I wonder is it down to season being based there or cheaper to film there.
    Have you read the comic? Big desert scenes coming up...

Thargor wrote: »
    Have you read the comic? Big desert scenes coming up...
    Ah OK, never read the comics

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Glebee

Playing catch up here, just finished S2. A bit of a chore buf i got there. Looking forward to looking at S3 and great to see its renewed for S4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Glebee

Finished S3. I dont know what to make of this show anymore. I love the characters and will definitely watch S4 but its plot is just bat sh1te crazy... S1, S3, and S2 for enjoyment levels

Preacher has been cancelled. Season 4 will be the final season

https://twitter.com/Sethrogen/status/1115300245775065088

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Preacher has been cancelled. Season 4 will be the final season

https://twitter.com/Sethrogen/status/1115300245775065088

Ugh, **** sake.. Will they even be able to do the overall story justice with just one more season? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Good question. Did they already have the season made before cancellation, or did they make it with cancellation in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AMC released the first two episodes on there streaming site.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,165 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it coming straight to Amazon over here again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭Homelander

The first episode was really good, the second was a total dud....really boring, mindless filler sort of an episode.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is it coming straight to Amazon over here again?

Yeah it releases on Prime every Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

Ep1 was good but 2 was a real struggle and a real "moving characters around" episode. Would have liked to see more of Arseface etc to see how they tie into the overall picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Easter 1916. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Are AMC releasing shows early these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Well that was different, enjoyable for the most part and it’s a shame it’s ended

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Binged the last season after waiting for all eps to air - thoroughly enjoyable and a fitting end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

Very disappointed with how this finished up. There were so many good things about the show - great cast, well shot, great music but the writing and pacing was awful.

"The boys" showed how to adopt Ennis's work - chop the needless bits and concentrate on the essence of the story and the concept.

A real missed opportunity I think

Yeah I thought this was a mess tbh, it was literally all over the place like the writers were just flinging random ideas at the wall, WTF was the point of the Jesus/Hitler subplot? Same for Eugene/Arseface, a major character since the first episode, what was the point of that? Same for Humperdoo. I actually wasn't following what was happening at all at the end tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Glad I wasn't the only one but I felt season 4 was crap to.

I don't know about the comic source material but the endings for some of the characters was a let down/pointless

Advertisement