Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colbert Station Redevelopment 2014

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Don't visit the station all too often, but I got a train from there yesterday and the toilets are a write off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Used the car park yesterday, no issues with it and €4.50 for the day is great value.

Bit odd having ramp/steps up off it only to have to go down steps onto the plaza then up the steps into the station. Hopefully it'll be sorted in the next phase. There seems to be a sub/pumping station in front of the station blocking construction of a path direct from the car park to the doors of the station.

the new bus station will be build adjacent to the train station beside the car park and there will be a back entrance onto the roxborough road as well which makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mart 23

I received a reply last week from Bus Eireann Limerick that no starting date has been finalised yet for the works on the new bus station.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

mart 23 wrote: »
    I received a reply last week from Bus Eireann Limerick that no starting date has been finalised yet for the works on the new bus station.

which is ridiculous as it should have been the first thing they did in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Well, whatever about how they phase it but they should ensure phase two will commence directly after phase one. The plaza is finished nearly a year now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Well, whatever about how they phase it but they should ensure phase two will commence directly after phase one. The plaza is finished nearly a year now.

They said at the time that the only had funding in place for phase 1. It's not uncommon for there to be significant gaps between different phases of infrastructure projects.

Advertisement