Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colbert Station Redevelopment 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Anybody use the overnight parking at the station? I need to drop the car there on a Friday and pick it up the next day. Does it get really busy or is there always a few spaces left?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Tefral

Tim76 wrote: »
    Anybody use the overnight parking at the station? I need to drop the car there on a Friday and pick it up the next day. Does it get really busy or is there always a few spaces left?

Ive used it a few times, there is normally spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

The plaza in front of the station is a bit boring looking.

Could do with a couple of monuments / installations ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Treepole wrote: »

I passed it late last night and its a massive improvement than what has been previously there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

They fecked up the positioning of the light poles too. As you walk out the main door of the station there's one bang in the middle of the view up Davis Street. You'd wonder about the architects if they make this kind of simple mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Vanquished

There's a lot to be said for a clean, uncluttered design too though.

A particular affliction we suffer from in Ireland is a penchant for riddling public spaces with unnecessary bollards, signs and street furniture. The new railway station plaza has been pretty well executed except for those lighting columns which are a bit tacky and badly positioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

I would also assume that the design was lead by the need to have an open area for civic receptions for homecomings etc. Although we haven't actually needed that since 1973...:(

I would also assume that the design was lead by the need to have an open area for civic receptions for homecomings etc. Although we haven't actually needed that since 1973...:(

2006 & 2008?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

zulutango wrote: »
    2006 & 2008?

Shannon Airport. Only the GAA teams travel by train.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I think Limerick in 1982 when they won the FAI Cup had a homecoming at Colbert Station but I could be wrong as I wasn't alive at the time.

• Advertisement

Shannon Airport. Only the GAA teams travel by train.

Well, they arrive in Shannon and then get the train to Limer ...

.. nevermind.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Young Munster in 1993...sponsored by Bus Eireann at the time too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Anyone know when the bike station is opening up there? I'm really suprised they don't have it up and running there yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Because every bus driver and bus eireann employee in Limerick is a cookie for some bizzare reason.

Still sponsored by Bus Eireann.
    Because every bus driver and bus eireann employee in Limerick is a cookie for some bizzare reason.

They got the sponsorship because in 1992 Bus Eireann were looking to sponsor an AIL club and Munsters were one of two clubs (both from Limerick) with no sponsor. The Chief Inspector at the time was a former Young Munster President and the Limerick Marketing rep was a Young Munster man, so the choice was obvious.
    http://www.youngmunster.com/news/september15/bus%20eireann.html

They got the sponsorship because in 1992 Bus Eireann were looking to sponsor an AIL club and Munsters were one of two clubs (both from Limerick) with no sponsor. The Chief Inspector at the time was a former Young Munster President and the Limerick Marketing rep was a Young Munster man, so the choice was obvious.

There should be an investigation into the misappropriation of public funds in this instance. Surely the self proclaimed 'best supporters in Ireland' could have attracted a sponsor other than BE.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

There should be an investigation into the misappropriation of public funds in this instance. Surely the self proclaimed 'best supporters in Ireland' could have attracted a sponsor other than BE.

Could be worse, they could have sponsored Garryowen instead.

Could be worse, they could have sponsored Garryowen instead.

Garryowen members wouldn't be seen dead on a public omnibus. Yorkie wouldn't allow such a thing to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Garry123

The chip is big on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Garry123 wrote: »
    The chip is big on this one.

The pot do call the kettle black

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Garry123

Respare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Garryowen members wouldn't be seen dead on a public omnibus. Yorkie wouldn't allow such a thing to happen.

I forgot they didn't service prawn sandwiches, I'm sure BE could sort something out.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Tefral wrote: »
    Ive used it a few times, there is normally spaces.

Cheers. Is it a case of turning up, dropping off the car and collecting a ticket or do you have to book ahead? I've tried ringing the station a few times but i've just been but on hold until i had to hang up.

I've to catch a train at 15:45 on Friday so i'm just wondering what's there latest i need to be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Cheers. Is it a case of turning up, dropping off the car and collecting a ticket or do you have to book ahead? I've tried ringing the station a few times but i've just been but on hold until i had to hang up.

I've to catch a train at 15:45 on Friday so i'm just wondering what's there latest i need to be there!

You can buy a ticket on the day if you wish but it is normally cheaper to buy the ticket online in advance.

15:45 to Dublin on Friday is currently €14.99 online or €53.05 walk up single (assuming thats where you are going)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Tefral

You drive up and stick 4€ into the barrier and just park your car. On your way out the barrier just lifts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

Is there any short term parking area at the station, just a drop-off/pick-up is what I'm after. Was in there this evening (25th) and ended up parking at people's park area. Very awkward when picking-up two elderly relatives!

peking97 wrote: »
    Is there any short term parking area at the station, just a drop-off/pick-up is what I'm after. Was in there this evening (25th) and ended up parking at people's park area. Very awkward when picking-up two elderly relatives!

There's a small carpark to the left of the station where the petrol station used to be. Pretty sure that's the designated pickup/set down area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

There's a small carpark to the left of the station where the petrol station used to be. Pretty sure that's the designated pickup/set down area.

Ya had a look there as I was passing a few minutes ago. Looks like the spots there might be pay and display but you could certainly park up and wait there easily enough as it wasn't that busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Just an FYI for people planning to park at the station, there were notices up last week saying the price was going up to €4.50

Advertisement