Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colbert Station Redevelopment 2014

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

If they could get good tough security be a start

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

Some more photos - as mentioned not much change since last batch of photos.
    sleepyman wrote: »
    Anyone have any up to date photos?Do you think it will be fInished by March?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

coxy123 wrote: »
    Some more photos - as mentioned not much change since last batch of photos.

Even at that..looks way better than what was there,.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

vkid wrote: »
    Even at that..looks way better than what was there,.

Going by the first pic, it's going to be ruined by an over-proliferation of signage as these projects usually are.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭sleepyman

Is all of this phase just the plaza?I can see work on the left hand side of the station where the bus station is going to be or is that happening in phase 2?It looks good so far and as others have said a vast improvement aesthetic wise.

• Advertisement

Any update on this?It's a few week since I asked so hopefully there's more progress!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Jofspring

The new entrance to the station is now open. The old one is blocked up and being paved. All the trees now removed from the front of the station and the gates have been taken down. At the moment it looks like the front should be finished in the next couple of weeks. It's starting to come together now and looks much better.

Anyone have any photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Anyone have any photos?

I'll get some for you on Monday.

Some photos from today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Thanks for the pics! Looks like its coming along nicely.

Yeah.Cheers for them.It's looking good.So is the old entrance going to be permanently blocked up or is that during the course of this phase?I hope the street upgrades for Parnell St kick off soon too

Yeah.Cheers for them.It's looking good.So is the old entrance going to be permanently blocked up or is that during the course of this phase?I hope the street upgrades for Parnell St kick off soon too

It's the vehicular entrance that is blocked up. There isn't going to be any railing in the front anymore so there won't be an entrance, it'll just be an open plaza.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,744 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

What they need to do first when it comes to upgrading Parnell St is putting a permanent traffic warden on that street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭leakyboots

What they need to do first when it comes to upgrading Parnell St is putting a permanent traffic warden on that street.

And put his identical twin brother on William St. too

Limerick needs traffic wardens on Sunday too.

They can still allow free parking but only in designated areas. I saw a car parked on the footpath on Roches Street yesterday. Other cars parked at the 305 bus stop on Liddy Street resulting in the bus blocking a lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ah lads don't be crazy. Everyone knows Sunday is a complete free for all. A day to take the car for a walk and lob it anywhere that suits. Why would I park across the road in a designated parking spot when I can throw it on double yellow lines and be 15 yards closer to the front door.

By the way went up William street yesterday and again cars parked the whole way up the right and lane. Guess who was he first car in the row abandoned.........a Garda car, outside enzos. I could give them the benefit of the doubt and say they were ticketing the other cars but there wasn't a Garda to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

How about they start giving two parking tickets to the clowns who turn LEFT onto Roches Street from O'Connell St so they can park/abandon their cars to go to the Chicken Hut. 5.30pm and you can't miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

How about they start giving two parking tickets to the clowns who turn LEFT onto Roches Street from O'Connell St so they can park/abandon their cars to go to the Chicken Hut. 5.30pm and you can't miss it.

Going to the chicken hut is an exemption from the rules of the road.
    It's like bringing a sick child to the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

The upgrade works aren't particularly great. They're really more about getting traffic through than anything else. Sarsfield Street and William Street were the same. We really should be aiming for far better public realm improvements for our streets.

• Advertisement

Anyone have some up to date photos?It must be nearing completion at this stage.

Still looks like a building site. Give it about a month and it should be nearly there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

zulutango wrote: »
    The upgrade works aren't particularly great. They're really more about getting traffic through than anything else. Sarsfield Street and William Street were the same. We really should be aiming for far better public realm improvements for our streets.

William street is a disaster since they upgraded it, cars constantly blocking both lanes double parked serves no purpose, only reason Parnell street works is cause of the double parking it causes no harm as there is plenty of room still...as soon as they do the big stupid footpaths Parnell street will die and there will be 6 times the traffic as a result of the new intersection been planned at top of mallow street where more traffic lights will be introduced....

Is the plaza nearly finished?Anyone know when the street improvement works are due to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Vanquished

24/4/2016

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Any word of the toilets been upgraded and kept clean?

YFlyer wrote: »
    Any word of the toilets been upgraded and kept clean?

There will be new toilets when the station building is done up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The Railway Hotel looks great there now after the clean up.

J Mysterio wrote: »

I'd love to see the Railway Hotel go on At Your Service! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

J Mysterio wrote: »

Have they done it up?

Advertisement