Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colbert Station Redevelopment 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Just an FYI for people planning to park at the station, there were notices up last week saying the price was going up to €4.50

It's been €4.50 since Monday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

There should be an investigation into the misappropriation of public funds in this instance. Surely the self proclaimed 'best supporters in Ireland' could have attracted a sponsor other than BE.

Strange that they are sponsoring them so long

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Just an FYI for people planning to park at the station, there were notices up last week saying the price was going up to €4.50

That's another coin I need to make sure I have. I think I might have preferred if they just rounded it up to €5! Do they have to replace the machine to scrape this additional 50c out of us??

Tim76 wrote: »
    That's another coin I need to make sure I have. I think I might have preferred if they just rounded it up to €5! Do they have to replace the machine to scrape this additional 50c out of us??

I used it yesterday and put in €5. Got no change

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

€4.50 seems expensive for just picking-up or dropping-off passengers, a ten minute max stay!

• Advertisement

peking97 wrote: »
    €4.50 seems expensive for just picking-up or dropping-off passengers, a ten minute max stay!

You can stay as long as you like. I was parked there 13 hours yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya 4.50 is for the main car park. You wouldn't use it just for a pick up or drop off.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

Shannon757 wrote: »
    I used it yesterday and put in €5. Got no change

I put 1.00 Euro in a Pool locker a couple of days ago ..... at the end of the swim I opened the locker ok but no sign of my Euro coming out ...... :(

It's a cruel world .... that's for sure

hobie14 wrote: »
    I put 1.00 Euro in a Pool locker a couple of days ago ..... at the end of the swim I opened the locker ok but no sign of my Euro coming out ...... :(

But one day soon you'll get a trolley with a € in it and the universe will balance itself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭leakyboots

The inhumanity! I'll light a candle for you in the Augustinians :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭sleepyman

Any word on the second phase of development?Has funding being secured?I think it's the bus station element.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

Shannon757 wrote: »
    But one day soon you'll get a trolley with a € in it and the universe will balance itself out.

I saw a trolley in ALDI last week on my way into the store ..... someone had left it in the middle of the car park ..... It had a 2 Euro coin in it ......

you are so wise 57 ... :)

I saw a trolley in ALDI last week on my way into the store ..... someone had left it in the middle of the car park ..... It had a 2 Euro coin in it ......

you are so wise 57 ... :)

Don't I know it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭pigtown

No trains will run from June 4th to 25th because they are replacing the signal boxes. Bus transfers will be put on.

Seems like an incredibly long time to close the station. Surely the work could be done at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

pigtown wrote: »
    No trains will run from June 4th to 25th because they are replacing the signal boxes. Bus transfers will be put on.

Seems like an incredibly long time to close the station. Surely the work could be done at night.

Maybe there are knocking the signal box/building that's just beyond the station building?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

pigtown wrote:

Thanks for the heads up! Will the bus transfers be to limerick junction if going to dublin/cork? How long more does that add to the journey or will it be the same as normal train journey?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

panda100 wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up! Will the bus transfers be to limerick junction if going to dublin/cork? How long more does that add to the journey or will it be the same as normal train journey?

Bus transfers to the Junction take about 40 minutes (train is about 25), some of the departure times have been brought forward in Limerick as a result.

The transfers will be Limerick - Limerick junction for the Dub / Cork Line
    Limerick - Birdhill for the Nenagh Line and Limerick Ennis for the Galway line

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

The work being done is to move from the manual style control system currently in place in Limerick station cabin (that’s the one at the end of Platform1/2) and Limerick check cabin (that’s the one further up at the end of the works) and replace it with a computer based control system to be placed in one of the offices. This is being done in advance of relocating the controls to the new central traffic control to be built in Heuston (currently a smaller one exists based in Connolly).

Maybe there are knocking the signal box/building that's just beyond the station building?

I believe the check cabin is to be knocked but AFAIK there has been no decision made about the Limerick station cabin yet.

Any word on the next phase?I think it was meant to be a new bus station area to the left of the station.Haven't been up that end of the city in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Can't believe I started this thread back in 2014. Honestly didn't think that 3 years later the station building would still be the same. Oh Ireland.

• Advertisement

It seems every building project moves at snail's pace.How long will it be before the 2030 plans launched this week are 'shovel ready' and builders are on site?
    Too slow and drawn out if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

The current phase seems to be completely finished. All the workers gone since about Wednesday with all the roads re-opened. No clue when the next phase will start.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Can't believe I started this thread back in 2014. Honestly didn't think that 3 years later the station building would still be the same. Oh Ireland.

The only phase that was funded was the plaza development. Irish Rail gave no timeline for the next phase.
    sleepyman wrote: »
    It seems every building project moves at snail's pace.How long will it be before the 2030 plans launched this week are 'shovel ready' and builders are on site?
    Too slow and drawn out if you ask me

Colbert Stations upgrade has nothing to do with Limerick 2030 or LCCC. It's an Irish Rail project and it's up to them to fund the next stage.
    Jofspring wrote: »
    The current phase seems to be completely finished. All the workers gone since about Wednesday with all the roads re-opened. No clue when the next phase will start.

That had nothing to do with the Colbert Station development. That was phase 1 of the LCCCs Parnel St upgrade, which is a completely different project.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Paddico

Anyone have the latest photos to post up?

Getting a train tomorrow morning. I presume the bike station is still not up and running??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

panda100 wrote: »
    Getting a train tomorrow morning. I presume the bike station is still not up and running??

A year later...no! :p

A year later...no!

Ah ffs. How long does it take to 'test' equipment. I really don't think the NTA have any interest in the regional bike schemes at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Apologies if off topic but someone here might know.
    Any progress with a new Garda station to replace Henry st?

Or plans to upgrade current one? It's an eyesore atm front and back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

D Trent wrote: »
    Apologies if off topic but someone here might know.
    Any progress with a new Garda station to replace Henry st?

Or plans to upgrade current one? It's an eyesore atm front and back.

Probably better asked in the Limerick development thread, but the simple answer is no, there's no news on a replacement building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Used the car park yesterday, no issues with it and €4.50 for the day is great value.

Bit odd having ramp/steps up off it only to have to go down steps onto the plaza then up the steps into the station. Hopefully it'll be sorted in the next phase. There seems to be a sub/pumping station in front of the station blocking construction of a path direct from the car park to the doors of the station.

Advertisement