Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CpvuKZRNZB0

Spotted this on the Official Supporters Club Facebook page, all the goals from last night. Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

I thought the 2nd was good but the 3rd is brilliant, if it was scored in The Premiership we would never hear the end of it with endless repeats on Sky Sports News !!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Our Brian

Yet another terrible performance again last night. Big clearout needed starting with Taylor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Our Brian wrote: »
    Yet another terrible performance again last night. Big clearout needed starting with Taylor.

Gas man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭bennyl10

again.. really..

you need to learn a new tune.. badly..

our league performances have improved drastically!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheBeast17

Nice to see you were straight on to credit the 2 great results before Bohs......oh wait.

Two wins don't make a season, most of the football all season has been rubbish. If yere happy watching that crap good luck to ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Two wins don't make a season, most of the football all season has been rubbish. If yere happy watching that crap good luck to ye.

we're mid-table, thats what 99% of us expected at the start of the season, and will be happy with it come the end. things need to be improved, not removing Taylor for doing an ok job

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Maybe he's right though lads, I mean we haven't even qualified for the World Cup. What's Taylor at like?

Meanwhile, back in the real world, the one where we're 6th in the table I believe, I will continue to support my team and applaud their massive growth over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭redron74

Yesterday's performance was very disappointing. We fell apart after Shane Tracy came off injured. Poor defensive play (not just from the defenders) for the two goals we conceded.
    On a positive note, the goal we scored was excellent. I was particularly impressed with Tony Whitehead's set up for it.

Ballynanty Rovers beat Phoenix 2-1 today. Good performance by them.

RIP John Collins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Washman3, limerickfc.ie have live updates, as do extratime.ie, even try livescore.com

Flash score app is really good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Saturday was atrocious, worst I've seen all season. A real pity as, with so many Premier Division teams getting knocked out on Friday, a bit of fortune draw-wise could have seen us make inroads in the cup.

Calling for Taylor's head is a bit ridiculous, though. The last 2 league games have been magnificent, while we were done by officials at home to Sligo and up in Tallaght. I know these things even themselves out from March to August, but Limerick's current position is not a bad one.

Just need to avoid falling into the same trap of inconsistency, games like Friday's against UCD tend to feck us up badly

The team looks like it will be strengthened in July also so we should finish comfortably in mid table which I'd be delighted with.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

redron74 wrote: »

RIP John.

He was a fixture around the palce for the last 20 years at least - I've been going since 89, and I am pretty sure he was taking the nets down even then.

Guys like him have helped keep the club going over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheBeast17

osarusan wrote: »
    RIP John.

He was a fixture around the palce for the last 20 years at least - I've been going since 89, and I am pretty sure he was taking the nets down even then.

Guys like him have helped keep the club going over the years.

30 years at the club I was told. Was working there back in the days my father started going.

Three consecutive league wins now. I would have taken that.

9 points from last three league games. Only two points behind Sligo who have a much bigger budget and squad than us. Time for Taylor to go.

Jofspring wrote: »
    9 points from last three league games. Only two points behind Sligo who have a much bigger budget and squad than us. Time for Taylor to go.

He should have walked after only beating the defending champions 2-0.

Go away lads he's going nowhere, he'll get us to europe .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Bring a kid for a quid.......June 27th

In Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Soulcrew09 wrote: »

That's a fabulous offer. Hope it get the numbers up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Taylor is a poor manager. The team lacks
    consistency and defensive organisation-
    always a bad sign.

Terrible performance last night. Need to keep picking up the points against the teams below us though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭flutered

Jofspring wrote: »
    Terrible performance last night. Need to keep picking up the points against the teams below us though.

correct, defence is the first row of attack, nothing is ever won conceding goals, watch any league towards the seasons end, the teams that are doing badly always have a miserable defence, leaking stupid goals, then the defence starts to distrust the keeper or vica versa, if the opposition will not score then they cannot defeate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Was down in Cork too and it was poor. Just bad goals conceded, and I'm not sure we ever really threatened... had shots, but real clear-cut chances... seemed to be a bit impatient.

Tam was never in the game, Gaffney never got the right service until it was too late. Cork have a team full of massive, fast fcukers... really powerful team and they just physically beat us up tbh. They won every aerial battle, they moved the ball quickly.

The last goal was really nice... the first was coming, we were defending set-pieces badly, Nzuzi had taken one off the line not long before. The 2nd killed the game, just as we thought we might be able to draw level... again, a header.

Defensively, we were poor. The midfield was almost non-existent. Disappointing all-round. I'm not sure I could suggest any changes, it was pretty much our strongest team... Tracy/Williams for Nzuzi would be my only change. They just didn't turn up. No options on the bench either really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

http://www.limerickpost.ie/2014/07/01/danny-galbraith-leaves-limerick-fc/

Raging...thought Danny was playing some fine stuff since coming back from injury...another big gap in the team that needs to be plugged sharpish

• Advertisement

Gutted Danny is gone, huge loss. Not the club's fault he wants to go home and play SPL though (if that turns out to be the case).

Advertisement