Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

TheBeast17 wrote: »
    More? What else have they done?

On the McGrath-Rainsford thing both played poorly one made an effort. Ridiculous to try and claim it was only from that section that Rainsford got stick by the way. I stand with the lads that did it not all of that group did I told them to shut up but there were others to the left of that group and behind that group having a right go at him too.

We had this same issue last season and I had the same conversation with you. There always seems to be an incident with them. After the second goal went in did 3 lads not try get onto the pitch no.

The rainsford thing was a disgrace he's not a winger and we all know that so dont abuse him when he doesn't perform there. Dont abuse huim anyway to be fair he's only a youngfella.

I'm not attacking you personally I'm just saying you were defending the same crowd last year and now here we are with another few incidents

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Shane Duggan's MOTM must have been a wedding present.

The cheering of Rainsford's substitution was pathetic, no call for it, no need for it. Sam Oji threw a filthy look at the morons behind it too so the players definitely heard it. There's a minority of the young, vocal support that haven't a clue. It's all sub 'Green St.' posturing, like when a few of them rushed the wall after the second Sligo goal. It's just empty posing, they stopped once they got there anyway to allow the stewards to usher them back while they hurled abuse at Greene for having the temerity to score against Limerick. Mindless.

Performance wasn't anything special but Sligo are getting back to form so I won't be too critical.

I don't think Cusack did much wrong, Williams was caught out badly for the first goal and no better than average after that. Folan was better than usual but made plenty of small errors too. His distribution was cack. Oji wasn't quite as solid as usual either. Nzuzi was terrible, he has ability but doesn't seem to have figured out how to play in any given position.

Hughes would have been my MOTM for us, did a lot of good work in both penalty boxes. Duggan drifted in an out and Tracy, while slightly more involved than has been traditional this season was still fairly anonymous.

Neither McGrath or Rainsford showed much, I don't think either of them know exactly what is expected of them. Gaffney was the usual mixture of sublime and ridiculous but he's left so isolated at times that it's hard to be too critical.

When will Prince and MacManus be started on a regular basis? They surely offer more than a couple of the incumbents?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheBeast17

Iang87 wrote: »
    We had this same issue last season and I had the same conversation with you. There always seems to be an incident with them. After the second goal went in did 3 lads not try get onto the pitch no.

The rainsford thing was a disgrace he's not a winger and we all know that so dont abuse him when he doesn't perform there. Dont abuse huim anyway to be fair he's only a youngfella.

I'm not attacking you personally I'm just saying you were defending the same crowd last year and now here we are with another few incidents

When was someone being subbed cheered last season?

No they ran down to abuse Greene who had gestured to them, stupid thing to do but that is what it was.

I will keep defending them too as these are nothing incidents people having a got at a player after he has scored against their team watch any game of football and you will see it. These lads are no angels but some of ye do love to blow it out of proportion. They are probably among the best behaved supporters in the league in all honesty just some people like to make things out to be way bigger then they are.
    Shane Duggan's MOTM must have been a wedding present.

The cheering of Rainsford's substitution was pathetic, no call for it, no need for it. Sam Oji threw a filthy look at the morons behind it too so the players definitely heard it. There's a minority of the young, vocal support that haven't a clue. It's all sub 'Green St.' posturing, like when a few of them rushed the wall after the second Sligo goal. It's just empty posing, they stopped once they got there anyway to allow the stewards to usher them back while they hurled abuse at Greene for having the temerity to score against Limerick. Mindless.

Performance wasn't anything special but Sligo are getting back to form so I won't be too critical.

I don't think Cusack did much wrong, Williams was caught out badly for the first goal and no better than average after that. Folan was better than usual but made plenty of small errors too. His distribution was cack. Oji wasn't quite as solid as usual either. Nzuzi was terrible, he has ability but doesn't seem to have figured out how to play in any given position.

Hughes would have been my MOTM for us, did a lot of good work in both penalty boxes. Duggan drifted in an out and Tracy, while slightly more involved than has been traditional this season was still fairly anonymous.

Neither McGrath or Rainsford showed much, I don't think either of them know exactly what is expected of them. Gaffney was the usual mixture of sublime and ridiculous but he's left so isolated at times that it's hard to be too critical.

When will Prince and MacManus be started on a regular basis? They surely offer more than a couple of the incumbents?

I'll point out people you stand with have done worse to players not excusing what was done to Rainsford but just to point out lads away from the vocal group are no angels themselves.

They stopped because they had no intention of ever going on the pitch and they ran down to abuse Greened because he gestured at them after he had scored, again not saying it wasn't stupid but once more someone trying to make it out to be something it wasn't.

It wasn't just from that section that Darragh got stick coming off either.

I'll point out people you stand with have done worse to players not excusing what was done to Rainsford but just to point out lads away from the vocal group are no angels themselves.

They stopped because they had no intention of ever going on the pitch and they ran down to abuse Greened because he gestured at them after he had scored, again not saying it wasn't stupid but once more someone trying to make it out to be something it wasn't.

What am I making it out to be? I said it was mindless, you acknowledge indirectly above that it was stupid. Where's the difference?

I'm critical of the Rainsford incident, you say you're not excusing that. Not to put words in your mouth but I don't think you believe it was a reasoned, thought out reaction to the lad's substitution? Again... where is the difference?

If anything I think you're making the incident into more than it ever was by refusing to let it go. Something that would have been glossed over by now is being extended because you're critical of other people being critical of behaviour that you yourself acknowledge is open to criticism. I appreciate that you're doing this from a sense of loyalty and I have no difficulty in agreeing with you that the group that is being discussed are amongst the most devoted supporters the club has and that they create the most significant atmosphere in the ground. That does not mean that I (or anybody else) isn't allowed to be disgusted when a teenager gets jeered off the pitch by his own supporters for no valid reason.

What am I making it out to be? I said it was mindless, you acknowledge indirectly above that it was stupid. Where's the difference?

I'm critical of the Rainsford incident, you say you're not excusing that. Not to put words in your mouth but I don't think you believe it was a reasoned, thought out reaction to the lad's substitution? Again... where is the difference?

If anything I think you're making the incident into more than it ever was by refusing to let it go. Something that would have been glossed over by now is being extended because you're critical of other people being critical of behaviour that you yourself acknowledge is open to criticism. I appreciate that you're doing this from a sense of loyalty and I have no difficulty in agreeing with you that the group that is being discussed are amongst the most devoted supporters the club has and that they create the most significant atmosphere in the ground. That does not mean that I (or anybody else) isn't allowed to be disgusted when a teenager gets jeered off the pitch by his own supporters for no valid reason.

You were making it out that they were trying to get on the pitch which imo is far more serious then just trying to have a go at a player.

You have every right to be disgusted I was disgusted and told the people that did it so. But what I don't accept is the singling out of just that group as others have already said he was abused by more than just that group as he went off why no mention of that? I'd much rather a bit of cheering than some of the things that were said by others that had nothing to do with that group of lads.

Apologies if I am over-reacting but it does seem at times like people are quicker to have a go if it is those lads and that includes the club itself.

• Advertisement

You were making it out that they were trying to get on the pitch which imo is far more serious then just trying to have a go at a player.

No I didn't. What I said was:
    It's just empty posing, they stopped once they got there anyway to allow the stewards to usher them back while they hurled abuse at Greene for having the temerity to score against Limerick.

I said (if not in so many words) that they were never going over the wall but were content just to jump about a bit in front of it (presumably, in my honest opinion, to convey to Aaron Greene just how lucky he was that the stewards were there to keep them away when neither fans or player really wanted the situation elevated).
    You have every right to be disgusted I was disgusted and told the people that did it so. But what I don't accept is the singling out of just that group as others have already said he was abused by more than just that group as he went off why no mention of that? I'd much rather a bit of cheering than some of the things that were said by others that had nothing to do with that group of lads.

Well I won't speak for anybody else there but for me personally I didn't hear any of the other individual abuse, presumably because it wasn't loud enough coming from one person to reach my ears. I doubt there was many people involved in what we're discussing now either (Six? Ten?) but it was loud enough that it was pretty clearly heard from where I was.

No I didn't. What I said was:

I said (if not in so many words) that they were never going over the wall but were content just to jump about a bit in front of it (presumably, in my honest opinion, to convey to Aaron Greene just how lucky he was that the stewards were there to keep them away when neither fans or player really wanted the situation elevated).

Well I won't speak for anybody else there but for me personally I didn't hear any of the other individual abuse, presumably because it wasn't loud enough coming from one person to reach my ears. I doubt there was many people involved in what we're discussing now either (Six? Ten?) but it was loud enough that it was pretty clearly heard from where I was.

Tbh having read your points and taking a step back I see I have reacted a bit stupidly. Taken the rightful complaints as a go at the group as a whole which it isn't from you. Personal feelings get in the way at times when talking about lads some of which I have known for years now.

Apologies for the needless argument.

Can I ask what the purpose of the fúck the OFC chant was about and why there was boos during half time when the announcer was talking about the official supporters club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Can I ask what the purpose of the fúck the OFC chant was about and why there was boos during half time when the announcer was talking about the official supporters club?

Think it's something to do with someone from that group not being allowed on the committee for the official supporters club but I've very much open for correction on that tho

seems fairly immature if that is the case

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

seems fairly immature if that is the case

Haven't you seen them?

Ya I suppose so fair point

Its not about someone not being allowed on a committee, its a long boring story tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Its not about someone not being allowed on a committee, its a long boring story tbh.

We have all of the time ... :)

di-O4Z5.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

1-0 up at half time in tallaght.
    Early goal from Gaffney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭banjobongo

wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Penalty for Rovers..................

SAVED by Barry Ryan!!!!!

Jofspring wrote: »
    Penalty for Rovers..................

SAVED by Barry Ryan!!!!!

94thminute another peno.. Ryan red Card

Which tracy saves...

Rovers score the rebound though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

What was the 6 minutes off extra time about?...two penalties conceded and a keeper sent off, plus facing 6 minutes of injury time? Please tell me we haven't been screwed again. I only just got over the referring debacle that I witnessed last week...

• Advertisement

What was the 6 minutes off extra time about?...two penalties conceded and a keeper sent off, plus facing 6 minutes of injury time? Please tell me we haven't been screwed again. I only just got over the referring debacle that I witnessed last week...

Judging my twitter, we were time wasting a lot and thats where the 6 mins came from..
    Ryan got a yellow for timewasting.in the 92nd and then he gave away the peno.leading to the red

Seemingly we played the better football but oy had ourselves to.blame..

I stress.im.only going by tweets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Judging my twitter, we were time wasting a lot and thats where the 6 mins came from..
    Ryan got a yellow for timewasting.in the 92nd and then he gave away the peno.leading to the red

Seemingly we played the better football but oy had ourselves to.blame..

I stress.im.only going by tweets

Six minutes of extra time for time wasting....that's a bit harsh is it not, and from what I've seen over the years plenty of teams time waste...you only see six minutes of injury time after a prolonged stopage for a serious injury in my experience...good place to get a point from...this year we could struggle and those decisions (I blame the referree for last weeks loss, I don't care what anyone says, and no I am not Stuart Taylor!!) could put us under a lot of pressure...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Wasn't there, following updates. Agonising.

And now we're without Barry Ryan again. Fcuk.

Missed the game but even at the risk of not being negative enough on the internet can I just say that I think it's a great result and a point that I think 95% of Limerick fans would have taken before the game? Very encouraging result, our away form has actually been very good overall, just at home we've not done as well as we might.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya it's a great point in the grander scheme of things. Next week against bray was always a match we should be targeting more. In saying that bray have been fairly strong at home beating Sligo, Drogheda and Dundalk. We will have a tough 3 games in a row at home coming up against 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the league in the space of 7 days.

Excellent point for sure. I just hope we build on it now with 3 against Bray before the run of very tough games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Good point, no doubt, but still horrible to drop 2 points so late and in such circumstances. Especially since Tracy saved the penalty.

Oh well. Hopefully they can take heart from that.

Anyone know what formation they played up? Was Tracy playing as a midfielder or a wide player?

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Good point, no doubt, but still horrible to drop 2 points so late and in such circumstances. Especially since Tracy saved the penalty.

Oh well. Hopefully they can take heart from that.

Anyone know what formation they played up? Was Tracy playing as a midfielder or a wide player?

Wasn't at this one but was told that it was him and McGrath as wide men. 4-5-1 when not in possession 4-3-3 when we were.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Our Brian

The sooner we get in a proper manager the better, going nowhere with this clown.

• Advertisement

Our Brian wrote: »
    The sooner we get in a proper manager the better, going nowhere with this clown.

Literally every time you've posted this season has been to knock Taylor.. A draw from Tallaght can hardly be taken as a bad result..

We are not going to be challenging for titles, the league is very class divided

If we beat cork we go upto 6th.. Would you still count midtable as awful?.. Realistic expectations please

Advertisement