Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Free Agency

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Heyward-Bey to the Steelers, one year deal. Can't say I'm too scared about the Ravens facing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Paully D wrote: »
    Heyward-Bey to the Steelers, one year deal. Can't say I'm too scared about the Ravens facing him.

he was probably the biggest "wtf" draft pick al davis ever made at least there where other people backed russell. i remember when he was getting drafted ahead of crabtree i think just scratching my head. didnt even think it was funny at the time i thought the raiders must know some big secret it was that out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

nerd69 wrote: »
    he was probably the biggest "wtf" draft pick al davis ever made at least there where other people backed russell. i remember when he was getting drafted ahead of crabtree i think just scratching my head. didnt even think it was funny at the time i thought the raiders must know some big secret it was that out there

He's an incredibly gifted athlete. Fast as lightning, can get open, great off the line, great at blocking.... hands of fcuking stone.

It really is a pity. The guy could have been excellent. Hopefully he grasps (geddit?) this opportunity. It could be his last shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Giants have signed Robert Ayers from the Broncos. Not sure on the contract yet but initially happy with the signing
    2-year $4m deal with $1.75 guaranteed.

Could be worth a 6th round compensatory pick to the Broncos.

The Broncos have signed former Redskins C - Will Montgomery on a one year $1.325 deal. Montgomery will complete with Manny Ramirez for starting centre - if Montgomery wins the starting spot Ramirez could shift to LG replacing departing Zane Beadles.

Champ Bailey is visiting the Saints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Good god, the Lions have gone out and signed a bad memory, QB Dan Orlovsky.
    Most famous for running out the back of the end zone against the Vikings during that winless season in 2008. Lions lost that match by 2 points:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

2-year $4m deal with $1.75 guaranteed.

Oh that's perfect. Honestly he could nearly be a starter for us as Kiwi is washed up & Moore is still a bit of an unknown

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

C2JK likely to be released in the next couple of days.. .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Odds he ends up in New England or Denver?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Raf32 wrote: »
    Odds he ends up in New England or Denver?

I'll be surprised if we do take him. I think we're more in the market for a Blount replacement - 240/250Lbs smash mouth, short yardage bulldozer style of RB.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

tbh its very hard to know, it seemed the Falcons were in.. now they're not

Jets look likely though from what the beat writers are saying, but its hard to know.

Most teams have their RBs, Johnson will likely want a shed load of cash and teams just arent paying that.

I mean Blount & Moreno are getting what 2.5 million a year?

CJ would have been smarter to say to the Titans he'd take a 50% pay cut and he'd still be earning more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

CJ would have been smarter to say to the Titans he'd take a 50% pay cut and he'd still be earning more

Of all the words we could use to describe CJ, smart certainly isn't one of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Jets look likely though from what the beat writers are saying, but its hard to know.

If thats coming from the Jets beat, you can be 100% sure its not going to happen!!

Nope he's not, he'll get a deal but i think everyone will be interested to see what the deal is like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Nope he's not, he'll get a deal but i think everyone will be interested to see what the deal is like

4 million a year is the price they reckon he will get.

I think the Jets will make a play for him - They are screaming for a Runner who can catch the ball out of the backfield. Ivory and CJ2K would be a lovely 1/2 punch combination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

CJ2K can't pass block, so Pats have no interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    4 million a year is the price they reckon he will get.

I think the Jets will make a play for him - They are screaming for a Runner who can catch the ball out of the backfield. Ivory and CJ.5K would be a lovely 1/2 punch combination.

FYP

I think the jets would be better of staying well away form him to be honest, Ivory and Powell were solid at the position last year. if they are looking for another RB there are plenty they can look at in the draft, they would cost alot less for what would probably be limited snaps, and Johnson is only going to decline from this point in his career

Just for the Eagles fans here, how bad us kurt coleman? visiting the colts tomorrow

Just for the Eagles fans here, how bad us kurt coleman? visiting the colts tomorrow

decent special teams player. wouldn't want him starting but hes an ok cheap backup.

not a guy to get excited over he made a few mistakes in coverage but he did seem to make a fair few picks and he will never shy away from a tackle but struggles agains big guys he got mangled by trent richardson

nerd69 wrote: »
    decent special teams player. wouldn't want him starting but hes an ok cheap backup.

not a guy to get excited over he made a few mistakes in coverage but he did seem to make a fair few picks and he will never shy away from a tackle but struggles agains big guys he got mangled by trent richardson

Thank you! Ya seems a special teamer at best, we have a big hole at safety so suppose no harm building depth before the draft but hopefully isnt the starter! I saw that clip alright, maybe trying to get trents confidence up again by letting him run over him in training camp :pac: Funnily enough it was his tackle that gave Austin Collie his firs concussion.

• Advertisement

Thank you! Ya seems a special teamer at best, we have a big hole at safety so suppose no harm building depth before the draft but hopefully isnt the starter! I saw that clip alright, maybe trying to get trents confidence up again by letting him run over him in training camp :pac: Funnily enough it was his tackle that gave Austin Collie his firs concussion.

i wouldnt mind having him in there in a bind hes not as bad as patrick chung for example but he wont be your starter for 16 games

Owen Daniels to the Ravens. i really like what they have done for offence this year, looks scarily good and they even addressed the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Wouldn't have minded the Giants picking him up... Suppose they've probably invested as much into FA as they can at this stage, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Owen Daniels to the Ravens. i really like what they have done for offence this year, looks scarily good and they even addressed the line.

Hopefully another couple of additions to come in the draft too, specifically at receiver and right tackle.

WR's - Torrey Smith, Steve Smith, Jacoby Jones, Marlon Brown, Draft Addition

TE's - Dennis Pitta, Owen Daniels

Running Backs - Ray Rice, Bernard Pierce

Offensive Line - Monroe/Osemele/Zuddah/Yanda/Draft Addition

Presuming Ray Rice avoids a long ban and has a bounce back year, I think that looks like an extremely good offense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Isn't that one of the tackle they cited as the reason they introduced the new rule about RBs going in with the crown of the helmet?

Johnson meeting with titans brass today, released expected

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Hazys wrote: »
    CJ2K can't pass block, so Pats have no interest.
    Ditto for the Broncos

Johnson is currently taking a physical, meeting with the GM after it and then is pretty much certain to be released

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Johnson meeting with titans brass today, released expected
    Johnson is currently taking a physical, meeting with the GM after it and then is pretty much certain to be released

Expecting the next updates to be something along the lines of:
    Johnson is currently taking a shit after a heavy lunch, expected to be released once he's finished
    Johnson asked me to get out of his bathroom. Expected to be released shortly.
    Johnson found me hiding in his wardrobe. Violently beat me before grabbing a gun and shooting me three times in the chest. Called up some associates and arranged to have my body dumped on some wasteland far from his house. The gun, I understand, has been dumped in a river. Expected to be released any minute now.
    Johnson has been traded to the Cleveland Browns for Josh Gordon, Joe Haden and a 1st round pick. Expected to be released shortly.

• Advertisement

Expecting the next updates to be something along the lines of:

oddly enough a good friend of mine txt a few mins ago.. hes in work taking a number 2.. and theres no bog roll..

On another note, Wimbley has been asked to take a pay cut, hes set to make 6 million this year. He'll take the cut imo

Advertisement