Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Free Agency

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Eagles have the highest cap of any team in 2015 that's why there releasing players. still pissed that we get nothing presumably were elegable for a compensatory pick next year or is that only if a players contract runs out

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The instagram pictures are pretty damning. A cop says in the NJ article that the sign he is using is some crip sign used locally where he is from. He is also pictured looking pally with a guy who spent a year in jail accused of murdering a 14 year old kid. He was released in the end, yeah. But the other guy in the car at the time was charged and convicted.

He also spells his record label Jaccpot instead of Jackpot. Crips don't like c & k together as it means crip killers or some sh*te like that.

I'd have gotten rid too if I was in charge at the Eagles.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The Eagles taking the moral high ground while giving Riley Cooper a new deal is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Paully D wrote: »
    The Eagles taking the moral high ground while giving Riley Cooper a new deal is hilarious.

Don't you think being a gangster is just a *little* bit worse than using the N-word once at a concert?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

matthew8 wrote: »
    Don't you think being a gangster is just a *little* bit worse than using the N-word once at a concert?

The Eagles knew in 2011 according to this article but it mattered so little to them them that they didn't even bother contacting the police officer who informed them back and signed him to a new deal a year later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Paully D wrote: »

How is it ? I'm an eagles fan but Riley cooper was a once off( as far as we know) incident, not that I condone what he did. whereas Deseans Instagram pics show a pattern.

And his attitude seemed to have gotten poor and his wanting a new contract so soon didn't sit well with me.

I think it's less about being a gangster and more about not being on tge same page as chip they had issues when chip came in day one but got over it he bumped heads with his coordinator this year and then suggested he deserves a new contract less than half way into his deal.

Chip values high charicter team guys. It seems like desean was becoming a distraction so he's out. I'm sad to see him go despite all that and I ain't believe he was just released and not traded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

nerd69 wrote: »
    What the duck eagles surely they could have gotten something for him

Maybe they tried and nobody wanted him with all the shady stuff hanging over him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I'd say the Eagles know something more than we do, something that might come out in the coming weeks/months/year about Jackson. They'll have done their homework to make such a big decision.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

HigginsJ wrote: »
    You a fan of Sammy Watkins? I really think it would be a mistake taking him at 5

No, wouldn't be happy with him at 5 either. I'd much prefer Evans ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

No, wouldn't be happy with him at 5 either. I'd much prefer Evans ahead of him.

I don't think Evans is a better player than watkins, but if I was drafting a receiver I too would rather trade down and accumulate picks and take evans.

davyjose wrote: »
    Maybe they tried and nobody wanted him with all the shady stuff hanging over him?

Apparently they shopped him during the league meetings in Orlando and came up dry. So releasing him was the other option.

A positive from the whole situation is that it appears that chip Kelly is fully in charge, which is good to see.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    A positive from the whole situation is that it appears that chip Kelly is fully in charge, which is good to see.

The locker room seems to be very behind chip but I was supprised how lowly they rated Jackson, kelces comments in particular were supprise mg to me as he's not exactly a loudmouth

The locker room seems to be very behind chip but I was supprised how lowly they rated Jackson, kelces comments in particular were supprise mg to me as he's not exactly a loudmouth

Yeah well kelce sent another tweet after his first one to say what a great player Desean was. We have to remember that kelce got PAID this offseason so didn't want to rock the boat. I

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Eagles have the highest cap of any team in 2015 that's why there releasing players. still pissed that we get nothing presumably were elegable for a compensatory pick next year or is that only if a players contract runs out

I think that compensatory picks are for player losses to free agency, I don't think you get a compensatory picks for waiving/cutting/releasing a player or else the Raiders would have had a pile of compensatory picks for the past two years. So the Eagles won't get a compensatory pick for releasing Jackson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

heyjude wrote: »
    I think that compensatory picks are for player losses to free agency, I don't think you get a compensatory picks for waiving/cutting/releasing a player or else the Raiders would have had a pile of compensatory picks for the past two years. So the Eagles won't get a compensatory pick for releasing Jackson
    Correct - only for the loss of FAs - cutting Jackson has zero impact on whether the Eagles get a compensatory pick or not.

Broncos are due at least a 4th rounder - and it could be more after Phillips signed with the Titans and Moreno with the Fins.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭youngco87

Correct - only for the loss of FAs - cutting Jackson has zero impact on whether the Eagles get a compensatory pick or not.

Broncos are due at least a 4th rounder - and it could be more after Phillips signed with the Titans and Moreno with the Fins.

Broncos brought in a lot of free agents too though. Talib, Ward and Sanders will all count against compensatory picks! I think the size of deals and playing time play a part though too don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

youngco87 wrote: »
    Broncos brought in a lot of free agents too though. Talib, Ward and Sanders will all count against compensatory picks! I think the size of deals and playing time play a part though too don't they?
    Yes they do - the process for compensatory picks is very complicated - for the Broncos the breakdown is something like -

Talib - DRC offset
    Ward - Woodyard - offset
    Sanders - Phillips - offset
    Caldwell - Moreno - offset

Ware is not taken into consideration because he was cut by the Cowboys, Bailey because he was cut by the Broncos and Mincey and Justice don't count because they were not with the Broncos at the start of last season

Comp picks possible for Decker and Beadles - both approx 4th rounders. If Ayers signs for someone he comes into the calculations as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭youngco87

Yes they do - the process for compensatory picks is very complicated - for the Broncos the breakdown is something like -

Talib - DRC offset
    Ward - Woodyard - offset
    Sanders - Phillips - offset
    Caldwell - Moreno - offset

Ware is not taken into consideration because he was cut by the Cowboys, Bailey because he was cut by the Broncos and Mincey and Justice don't count because they were not with the Broncos at the start of last season

Comp picks possible for Decker and Beadles - both approx 4th rounders. If Ayers signs for someone he comes into the calculations as well.

Ah yeah that makes sense. As a Ravens fan I come to learn that Ozzie Newsome is a genius when it comes to compensatory picks but past that its seems rather complicated!

ballllls stupid as it sounds i never thought of the prospect of desean going to an nfc east team hes in washington today

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Britt signs with the Rams, good deal plenty of incentives

desean jacksons a redskin....boy did that come back to bite us in the ass

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

As a Giants fan, was really hoping he'd land outside the division as well.

He's going to really open the field for the 'Skins and keep defenses 'honest'. I know they're Power run/run 1st offence, but watch how many times they'll kill on a play action bomb to DeSean.

Balls, indeed.

Knex. wrote: »
    As a Giants fan, was really hoping he'd land outside the division as well.

He's going to really open the field for the 'Skins and keep defenses 'honest'. I know they're Power run/run 1st offence, but watch how many times they'll kill on a play action bomb to DeSean.

Balls, indeed.

only positive is that apparently they've given him a stupidly big contract still more worried about ye than them to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

only positive is that apparently they've given him a stupidly big contract still more worried about ye than them to be honest

How confident would you be on Maclin fulfilling his potential after a year out? I know there was high hopes prior to his injury, but there must be some backing for him if they let Jackson go, off field issues or not.

Knex. wrote: »
    How confident would you be on Maclin fulfilling his potential after a year out? I know there was high hopes prior to his injury, but there must be some backing for him if they let Jackson go, off field issues or not.

Maclin should be good in this offense if he stays healthy but trust me your gona hate zach erts this year I'm very high on him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Really good article by Richard Sherman on DeSean Jackson:

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/04/02/richard-sherman-desean-jackson/

I really like Sherman off the field but still not a fan of his trash talking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Giants have signed Robert Ayers from the Broncos. Not sure on the contract yet but initially happy with the signing

Advertisement