Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Free Agency

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I see MJD has signed a 3 year deal with the Raiders. I like the move as even though he is comng off a down year he can still deliver IMO. It's also good insurance for when McFadden is injured.

The only concern I would have if I were a Raiders fan is that all the FA signings are guys on the downside of their career.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Knowshon Moreno has signed a one year deal with the Dolphins.

Shaun Phillips has signed a 2 year deal with the Titans ($6m guaranteed) - a bit expensive for Phillips in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Good pillow deal for Moreno......will get the bulk of the carries with Miami and should have ample opportunity to audition for potential teams next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I see MJD has signed a 3 year deal with the Raiders. I like the move as even though he is comng off a down year he can still deliver IMO. It's also good insurance for when McFadden is injured.

The only concern I would have if I were a Raiders fan is that all the FA signings are guys on the downside of their career.

We'll be doing very well to sign guys who are facing into their prime years unless we fling stupid money at them, and I don't think that ever works.

We'll be doing very well to sign guys who facing into their prime years unless will fling stupid money at them, and I don't think that ever works.

Yea that's a valid point (& the James Jones, Matt Schaub signings are excellent)

What will the Raiders be looking at in the draft? I'd imagine getting the D sorted would still be priority No.1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Good pillow deal for Moreno......will get the bulk of the carries with Miami and should have ample opportunity to audition for potential teams next year.
    I agree - Moreno will do a decent job for the Fins, coupled with the fact that he is a decent blocker and good at picking up blitzes. If he can replicate his performance of last season with the Broncos he will probably get a decent longer-term deal somewhere. The main proviso is that he is injury prone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Yea that's a valid point (& the James Jones, Matt Schaub signings are excellent)

What will the Raiders be looking at in the draft? I'd imagine getting the D sorted would still be priority No.1

Trading down will be our first choice. Outside of that I wouldn't be surprised if we went QB, WR, or pass rusher at #5. It's really very difficult to tell tbh because we still have so few game changing players.

Trading down will be our first choice. Outside of that I wouldn't be surprised if we went QB, WR, or pass rusher at #5. It's really very difficult to tell tbh because we still have so few game changing players.

You a fan of Sammy Watkins? I really think it would be a mistake taking him at 5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Desean Jackson has just been released

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oakland can sign him to a huge deal now. He will be closer to his gang buddies as well.

He'll be in jail before the 5 year contract ends.

Bears could use a WR like him to compliment Alshon/Marshall. Pity we have no cap room and all of the off-the-field concerns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Only just noticed that Jones-Drew signed with the Raiders.

Between MJD, Matt Schaub, Justin Tuck, Lamarr Woodley and resigning Charles Woodson, the Raiders could very well be a Super Bowl contender.

If they can somehow play all their games 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Only just noticed that Jones-Drew signed with the Raiders.

Between MJD, Matt Schaub, Justin Tuck, Lamarr Woodley and resigning Charles Woodson, the Raiders could very well be a Super Bowl contender.

If they can somehow play all their games 3 years ago.

At least they look competent again which is something the Raiders haven't looked like in 12 years. MJD/McFadden would be the best one-two in the league if both can stay fit for most of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

So the Eagles have released Desean Jackson

I give up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

phatkev wrote: »
    Desean Jackson has just been released

The Pats were supposedly interested a couple of weeks ago, but i'd say not a chance if the reports of gang connections are even remotely true.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/03/eagles_desean_jackson_off-the-field_troubles.html#incart_m-rpt-1

Eerily similar to the Hernandez story

Gotta be some amount of truth to it if the Eagles are willing to cut a 1,300 yard WR and take on $6m in dead cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Oat23 wrote: »
    Oakland can sign him to a huge deal now. He will be closer to his gang buddies as well.

He'll be in jail before the 5 year contract ends.

Bears could use a WR like him to compliment Alshon/Marshall. Pity we have no cap room and all of the off-the-field concerns.

The bears have So many defensive needs, and are clearly intent on developing Wilson as a third receiver, that it seems unlikely. We do well with receivers with character concerns though...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The bears have So many defensive needs, and are clearly intent on developing Wilson as a third receiver, that it seems unlikely. We do well with receivers with character concerns though...

Character concerns is one thing. Like a work ethic problem with Alshon or Marshall's multiple personality disorder. This guy is a suspected crip member :D. The police have questioned him about his friends who have been linked two to murders.

They wouldn't go anywhere near him, but he's a great player and the offense would be crazy with someone like him in the slot.

I'd say there is a lot more info on Desean to come out.

We only found out about Hernandez's past when people started looking at it.

Hazys wrote: »
    I'd say there is a lot more info on Desean to come out.

We only found out about Hernandez's past when people started looking at it.

He just released a statement about his release and the Rumours, says there is no truth whatsoever to them.

We just made an extremely unpopular decision, but I couldn’t be more excited and happy with where this organization is going!! #FlyEaglesFly

— Jason Kelce (@Jkelce) March 28, 2014

Crazy any player would comment on another player's release.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Desean Jackson statement
    "First I would like to thank the Eagles organization, the Eagles fans and the city of Philadelphia for my time in Philly. I would also like to thank coach Andy Reed for bringing me in. Secondly, I would like to address the misleading and unfounded reports that my release has anything to do with any affiliation that has been speculated surrounding the company I keep off of the field. I would like to make it very clear that I am not and never have been part of any gang. I am not a gang member and to speculate and assume that I am involved in such activity off the field is reckless and irresponsible. I work very hard on and off the field and I am a good person with good values. I am proud of the accomplishments that I have made both on and off the field. I have worked tirelessly to give back to my community and have a positive impact on those in need. It is unfortunate that I now have to defend myself and my intentions. These reports are irresponsible and just not true . I look forward to working hard for my new team. God Bless."

• Advertisement

He just released a statement about his release and the Rumours, says there is no truth whatsoever to them.

What did you expect him to say?

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    And now up to 6 teams already calling on DeSean Jackson. And counting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

I doubt the releasing had a whole lot to do with his "gang affiliations"! More likely the eagles/chip think they can find a cheaper replacement who can be just as effective as Jackson!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

He must be a right idiot so. Not surprising as the rumours have been there for a couple of weeks now

Hazys wrote: »
    What did you expect him to say

I didnt expect anything, i was just responding to your comments where you seem to think there has to be some truth in the ''Rumours'' with his statement

I personally find it highly unlikely that a player would release a statement denying all these Rumours if there was a chance that something might surface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I didnt expect anything, i was just responding to your comments where you seem to think there has to be some truth in the ''Rumours'' with his statement

I personally find it highly unlikely that a player would release a statement denying all these Rumours if there was a chance that something might surface.

Apparently he's a member of some gang and got a warning from the Eagles for flashing a gang symbol at DeAngelo Hall last year. Idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

DeSean to the Seahawks seems like the perfect fit.

Red Crow wrote: »
    Apparently he's a member of some gang and got a warning from the Eagles for flashing a gang symbol at DeAngelo Hall last year. Idiot.

Well if thats the case, good riddance to him but until apparantly hes this and that turns into hes actually this and that, i dont know why they would release a player of his calibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's alleged the eagles were contacted about this stuff in 2011. So if there is even a shred of truth to any of this, then the eagles have to be asked why they signed him to a new deal if they knew about this ?

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/03/eagles_desean_jackson_off-the-field_troubles.html#incart_m-rpt-1

This is the nj.com article that was released before the eagles released desean.

Looks like this gang sign thing is just one big NFL cover-up.

DeSean Jackson throwing up the Crip sign at DeAngelo Hall:

13471194264_9868233831_o.gif

DeSean Jackson's college teammate is clearly a member also:

Bj1q9OmCIAAvBqk.jpg

Wanna know why no player has been fined or suspended for throwing up a Crip sign?

Bj1uIXJCMAEjPlf.jpg

Obviously because Goodell is a Crip too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

What the duck eagles surely they could have gotten something for him

Advertisement