Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

The length of ban increases with each offence - expect 20 odd games this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I know people like to eat Italian, but Suarez must like it extra fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

So, I assume Suarez current manager will want to sell him on now for his team members safety ....

I'll take him for a small fee :D

So FIFA are waiting on the match report ...

If the ref mentions he saw the incident and feels there was no action required, ... it means no sanction for Suarez :eek:

really?!?!?! https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/world-cup-suarez-bite-things-happen-201206931--sow.html

@ Ajax:
    20101122132442suarezbij.jpg

@Liverpool:
    article-2317388-197FD145000005DC-819_634x475.jpg

@Uruguay:
    sya.jpg.h380.jpg.568.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Hes actually mental! Hope FIFA throw the book at him and give him a long long ban!

• Advertisement

UTV News headlines was Suarez bites again, no mention of accused or alleged or anything

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Suarez's record is strong though ...

He's never lost a game in which he bites an opponent

and
    FIFA have had a hearing about Suarez bite incident and they have awarded it to Qatar.

Come on the Greeks!!! My second country doing the job tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Hes actually mental! Hope FIFA throw the book at him and give him a long long ban!

Why?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

bazarakus wrote: »
    Why?

Because he fecking bit someone, for the 3rd time. Add that to spitting, stamping and general scumbaggery and the man deserves to be smacked in the face with the book, never mind had it thrown at him.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Because he fecking bit someone, for the 3rd time. Add that to spitting, stamping and general scumbaggery and the man deserves to be smacked in the face with the book, never mind had it thrown at him.

Tanks for that Sean. Eloquent as ever. I was asking Mac the question though ...

Sorry about that but when you ask a question on a public forum anyone can reply, that's how the internet works.

Maybe if you only want to hear Mac's reasons for wanting Suarez to have the book lobed in his direction you should have pm'd him?

Sorry about that but when you ask a question on a public forum anyone can reply, that's how the internet works.

Maybe if you only want to hear Mac's reasons for wanting Suarez to have the book lobed in his direction you should have pm'd him?

MOD Snip: Keep it civil. He's perfectly entitled to voice his opinion on an open forum.

Why?

Because he has history,
    His lunge tackle in holland,
    Attacking a team mate
    Biting a player in holland
    The handball
    The bite on ivanovic
    The raceist charges

I personally think other players have been branded scum bags,thugs etc for a lot less. Either way we'll find out what FIFA think soon hopefully as I'm sure they do not care about my opinion ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

He's been banned for 4 months and the next 9 international matches, meaning his WC is over, I like him as a player but such a stupid way to let down his country when they needed him.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Because he has history,
    His lunge tackle in holland,
    Attacking a team mate
    Biting a player in holland
    The handball
    The bite on ivanovic
    The raceist charges

I personally think other players have been branded scum bags,thugs etc for a lot less. Either way we'll find out what FIFA think soon hopefully as I'm sure they do not care about my opinion ha ha

Does anyone know my response to Mac's post here has been deleted? Mods? Anyone?

Received no warnings or infections about what was a harmless post ...

MOD Snip: Keep it civil. He's perfectly entitled to voice his opinion on an open forum.

Keep it civil in what way? Are you snipping me or Sean? I can't see what I've posted - is there way I can see it so I can see what was wrong with it?

He's been banned for 4 months and the next 9 international matches, meaning his WC is over, I like him as a player but such a stupid way to let down his country when they needed him.

it only equates to 9 league games ...

I dont think it is enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    it only equates to 9 league games ...

I dont think it is enough.

How many Liverpool games will be missed do ya know?

Don't really care on this issue either way myself tbh just more disappointed for the Uruguay fans and team.

Think it's 9 league games and 3 or 4 CL group stage games.

Should be a lot longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

How many Liverpool games will be missed do ya know?

Don't really care on this issue either way myself tbh just more disappointed for the Uruguay fans and team.

He'll be leaving anyway.

JamboMac wrote: »
    He'll be leaving anyway.

Ban includes "administrative activities" which means he can't sign a contract for anyone and his registration can't be transferred, he can't even have a medical for a football club.

Won't be leaving before January at the earliest.

Ban includes "administrative activities" which means he can't sign a contract for anyone and his registration can't be transferred, he can't even have a medical for a football club.

FIFA have said he will be able to transfer in the summer.

There still seems to be confusion on whether or not he can move as in reality that wouldn't make any difference to his time playing football.

But in good news looks like united might have signed Herrera but then again I'm sure it's Chelsea or City signing a player they don't want they just don't want united to have him.

Thought I'd read today that Herrara's bid from United was rejected?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

his twitter account is plastered with pictures of him at United - posing with Sir Bobby - I'd say it's done :D:D

Story is his release clause has been activated, so we'll see.

• Advertisement

United have confirmed his signing on 4 year deal.

On another note does anybody think Barcelona ban will actually ever be enforced, the Spanish teams always manage to get themselves out of their convictions.

Advertisement